• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

History question: Why are 1-bedrooms "priced" so high?

that clause just states that the point chart must have at least one day in which a studio can be rented by someone for a max of 16 points. But there is no maximum for the other 364 days of the year.
Yes and no actually based on my calls with Disney. Those numbers did imply a maximum for the other days based on the maximum reallocation language. However, I was told those applied when only setting up the resort the first year. They wouldn't even commit if the right for 1 day out of 365 at that amount was required post first year.

Yes and no actually based on my calls with Disney. Those numbers did imply a maximum for the other days based on the maximum reallocation language. However, I was told those applied when only setting up the resort the first year. They wouldn't even commit if the right for 1 day out of 365 at that amount was required post first year.

do you know what the numbers were for VGF for each room type?

do you know what the numbers were for VGF for each room type?
They are in the POS, someone that owns there should be able to provide the info related to the one day and the maximum reallocation chart.

What I find interesting is how over time Disney appears to change it's own mind on what the POS means. Each time with an interruption for their benefit. How is this even possible? Is the legal system that messed up?

What I find interesting is how over time Disney appears to change it's own mind on what the POS means. Each time with an interruption for their benefit. How is this even possible? Is the legal system that messed up?
It can be when the little guy doesn’t push back

How they can say that only applies to the first year is nonsensical. It’s infeasible for them to reallocate during the first year, so that interpretation is, to put it mildly, complete hogwash.

Hopefully now on the 2021 charts they will do the obvious and reduce 1 beds by a few points and increase studios by a few points. Which is actually responding to demand without creating points via lockoff premium.

Hopefully now on the 2021 charts they will do the obvious and reduce 1 beds by a few points and increase studios by a few points. Which is actually responding to demand without creating points via lockoff premium.
It does make you wonder what will happen. My biggest hope is that they are more forthcoming no matter the specifics of the change.

Yeah, I don't really want them to do that - but if they DID, I certainly would not make a big stink about it. Heck, I might even consider staying in 1-bedrooms if they did that!

Hopefully after the 2020 point chart fiasco they start doing some real data analysis, with the timing of when things get booked, and not just by the end result. Ie. since most lock-off units get booked as studio's first, blocking out people who want 2 bedrooms and then settle for 1 bedrooms. Might want to get the booking system to give them date stamps on the reservation numbers.

Yeah, I don't really want them to do that - but if they DID, I certainly would not make a big stink about it. Heck, I might even consider staying in 1-bedrooms if they did that!

same here! and as my 2 girls get older we may prefer booking a 1 bedroom!

I feel that 2 queen beds in the 1 bedroom plus a pullout for a total of 6 people in a 1 bedroom would make them worth the extra points and also take some of the demand off of the studios.

I feel that 2 queen beds in the 1 bedroom plus a pullout for a total of 6 people in a 1 bedroom would make them worth the extra points and also take some of the demand off of the studios.

I think just two queen beds in the one bedroom would take demand away from the studios. However, there are thousands of owners today that have either direct purchased a small contract of 50-100 points or purchased a similar amount on the resale market. If they take yearly vacations they really cannot afford 1BRs in order to take the same length of vacation. Perhaps DVC should never have sold any contracts that were less than 150 points, including add-ons, but that would have been very unpopular with members and would have lowered sales. The add on part would have really restricted my purchasing more points.

Perhaps DVC should never have sold any contracts that were less than 150 points, including add-ons, but that would have been very unpopular with members and would have lowered sales. The add on part would have really restricted my purchasing more points.
DVC could have still allowed small add-on contracts but only to those already meeting the minimum account size (150 points, in your example). The contracts could still have been sold/purchased on the secondary market with the stipulation that the buyer must already meet the minimum. Basically, they could have managed it by refusing to 'close' a small account sale if the buyer didn't already meet the minimum threshold. Could have been so easily done!

I agree. Even if the 2nd queen bed was a murphy bed in the living room, this would justify the extra points. IMO,1 bedrooms should fit more than studios, meaning at least 5 people could fit in every 1 bedroom unit.

I agree. Even if the 2nd queen bed was a murphy bed in the living room, this would justify the extra points. IMO,1 bedrooms should fit more than studios, meaning at least 5 people could fit in every 1 bedroom unit.

What I would love to see is them add a murphy bed to every 1BR in the master bedroom and the living room -- bringing the area up to 6. I think that would make the 1BRs much more attractive to many more families.

What I would love to see is them add a murphy bed to every 1BR in the master bedroom and the living room -- bringing the area up to 6. I think that would make the 1BRs much more attractive to many more families.

I hadn't even thought of that, this is even better!

That's what we'd love to see. As a family of 6 we eat through DVC points very fast. It's either a 2-bedroom unit, two studios, or pay out of pocket and stay off property.

I agree that every 1-BD should have the ability to sleep five (Queen sofa + murphy bed?) They are putting 5 in almost EVERY studio (except AKV and SSR I think) but not in the 1-BRs? Why?

I agree that every 1-BD should have the ability to sleep five (Queen sofa + murphy bed?) They are putting 5 in almost EVERY studio (except AKV and SSR I think) but not in the 1-BRs? Why?

Maybe they were going to use that as the justification for the point reallocation for the studios........ but still doesn't justify the 1 bedroom rise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter