Hi Newbie from Pennsylvania

Originally Posted by Jdubbs
cant believe all of you Pa people couldnt make the meet!!
I totally agree! I'm 15-20 min. west of Pittsburgh and I was at the Allentown Meet.
Well, if it was totally any other time of the year besides summer I may have been able to attend. I'm an RN who works every other weekend. At our hospital they are very strict with weekend time off especially during the summer when everyone is trying to schedule in their vacations. We are allowed only 1 weekend off per summer months and I wasn't giving up my WDW vacation next month ! :rotfl:
Unfortunately the meet fell on my weekend to work. It came down to the meet or the vacation. Hoping there will be another one nearby next year.
:wave2:

Wow...glad to see lots of PAers. I grew up in PA and now live outside of DC. I second the opinion of going to Disney in the fall. The summer is really hot (lived in FL for 4 years) the lines are long, and it usually rains once a day in the afternoon during the summer.

The best times I have found for Disney have been in early November and December before the Christmas rush. I have also been in February before the spring break crowd.

Hello from Southeastern PA. Just outside of Philly

buglade said:
P.S. How hard is it to get the cartoon characters in the message (and some of the other extras)? Some people seem to devote a lot of time to these message boards.

Hey buglade, For all the extras you need to click the post reply button at the bottom of the thread, just above the quick reply section. A screen should pop up with all the smilies and such. As for signatures, you have to set one up. Click the user CP tab on the top menu and there will be a link to set up a sig. HTH! ::MinnieMo

Another Pennsylvanian here! Grew up in a small town called East Brady (just south of Clarion and north of Kittanning!) I went to SRU and lived in Butler for awhile while I worked at KDKA-TV. We now live in Linglestown.... halfway between Hershey and Harrisburg. it's great to see so many people here from PA. I hope the PA meet is the same time we are planning to going next year.

Have fun on the boards...they are wonderful!

Hi princesspiglet :wave2: glad you came and said Hi~

East Brady wow, right up the road from me! :moped: I love this thread, seeing all the PA'ers and so many in my little corner of pa, very cool! :cool1:

Danalee

Thanks, Kizmac. We are going to MNNSH on September 30th, too! Couldn't get good time for LTT, though.
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc
We live near Kittanning, too. And I am originally from Perry County (northwest of Harrisburg). Small world, huh? :cool1:

Hi buglade :wave2:
Near Kittanning too! WoW! :wave:
I would have never dreamed this many people from little old Kittanning PA (and neighboring towns) would be on here :grouphug: I love it! :goodvibes
Good thing we all dont travel at once, our population here would drop a little! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Hey all PA'ers I have a question! :rolleyes1
Is the Disney Store in the Westmoreland Mall still there?
Is there one anywhere in Western PA anymore?
I wanted some disney dollars before our trip, went to Monroville Mall and the Disney Store was gone! :sad2: :sad:
Thanks a bunch :thewave:

Yes, the Disney Store is still in Westmoreland Mall. It's on the lower level on the same side as Sears, right across from Victoria's Secret (never could figure that one out!). I haven't heard any news about it closing, but there is a Chucky Cheese coming in August, so who knows? You might want to visit before the end of the month just to be safe.

danalee said:
Hey all PA'ers I have a question! :rolleyes1
Is the Disney Store in the Westmoreland Mall still there?
Is there one anywhere in Western PA anymore?
I wanted some disney dollars before our trip, went to Monroville Mall and the Disney Store was gone! :sad2: :sad:
Thanks a bunch :thewave:

I'd like to know too, danalee.....I recently was at Ross Park Mall and shocked The Disney Store was gone from there too. :sad: That was always the highlight of my shopping trip to Ross Park. I am so sad at the recent changes with Disney....first my beloved Disney Magazine bites the dust and now my Disney Store! :sad2:

I didn't know Disney Store at Ross Park is gone. I haven't been at South Hills Village for awhile probably before our trip to WDW in April. I wonder if that is gone too. The other I know of was in Century III Mall in West Mifflin. Are they all disappearing? :confused3

Magalex

This weekend is going to raining and humid. Any one in the Western PA area going to the grand opening at the Pittsburgh Mills? We are just for curiousity. They have some children activities going on this weekend

Magalex

Magalex said:
This weekend is going to raining and humid. Any one in the Western PA area going to the grand opening at the Pittsburgh Mills? We are just for curiousity. They have some children activities going on this weekend

Magalex

I was thinking about it! I saw it on the news the other night. Maybe I can get DH to take a drive this weekend if it's raining. :flower:

HI

Just checking in again, and I am shocked at how many of us Pgher's are here.

Hey Princesspiglet....one of my best friends grew up (and family still lives there) in East Brady...she lives next door to me now...

Hey Danalee..I am only 15 minutes south of Butler in Shaler

HEy Magalax....The Disney Store will be back at Ross Park Mall....they closed the old one and are currently putting in the new one. It is still on the upper level down by Kaufmann's. I live only 15 minutes from there.

I am not sure if I want to go to Pgh Mills this weekend...it is going to be packed....free movies all weekend to anyone bringing 2 canned goods....

Hi from NE PA. While I grew up in "really" NE PA, I now live in "southern" NE, PA (about 35 miles south of Wilkes Barre, PA)....but for all your western PA folks on here....I went to school at IUP, as did DH (and currently DD) and he is from Monroeville, so I am a familiar with western PA, too. Just wanted to pop in and say hello, too! :wave:

Hi PA Gang! :rotfl:
Thanks for the info on the "local" Disney Store's ::MickeyMo
I'm glad to hear the Ross Park store is coming back! :banana: Does anybody know if the Monroville one is making a comeback? :sad2:

Isnt it amazing all the PA'ers on here! and so close!!!( :wave2: Shaler! I get amazed when I know where these places are! :rotfl2: )
My husband thinks I am "disney nuts" as he puts it :rotfl: so everytime someone new post on this thread I tell him "see you live in a state with lots of nuts!" :earboy2:
He's glad though, since I do all the disney planning, that he thinks is work, and I think of it as a "disney fix" but hey whatever works! :love2:

Anyway I was at the New Pittsburgh Mills Mall :flower: I went on Thursday, it was nice and crowded but not as bad as I thought it would be be~ but no Disney Store :sad2: :sad2: :sad2:
Didnt do the movie theater yet, but I am sure we will soon just to check it out!
One thing we thought odd, no TOY store in the new mall?? :confused3
:wave:

To those who hail from East Brady, I live in North Apollo and also have a farm in Ford City. :flower:

I thing it's cool to hear from so many locals. :grouphug:

I was thinking of going to the Mills, but my DH thought it would be packed. Guess I missed out. :confused3

Talk about missing out, I had been planning on taking the kids to the Harry Potter party at the Monroeville Barnes and Noble tonight-but turns out it was last night!!! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter