Hi Newbie from Pennsylvania

Hi Danalee and Kizmac

Clarion, Pa is checking in and we will be leaving for The Mouse on the 20th of July..Hopefully..They say that there is another storm brewing and the name will be Emily. :sad2: :sad2: I hope she fizzzles out before she gets started.. We have planned a week on the gulf after Disney and Yes ALL of western Pa needs a vacation..LOL My co-workers think this is my past time as it seems like I'm always planing a trip or going on a trip. Hmm doesn't seem like it in my book.
My manager lives in Butler and drives to Clarion to work and I'm trying to convince him to go to Florida next year to see The Mouse..Hey everyone have a great week, just 9 days to go... :banana: :banana: :banana:

Greetings from just over the bridge!
Hi SunshineKathy ! Now you are much closer to me than the western PA'ers ! lol :sunny:

Jdubbs says : Welcome from a fellow resident..you missed a great meet in Allentown yesterday..
I would have loved to have made that meet ! I'm only 45 min from Allentown. Unfortunately I had to work and couldn't get out of it.
Glad to hear you all had a great time. :banana:

On a side note. Any DIS PA'ers live near Erie ? My son is starting college and going to Edinboro University of PA the end of Aug. It's such a scenic drive up there from Lansdale. We pass by/through several of the towns some of you are listing. :moped:

Hi!!! I'm in Bensalem. Just north of Philly. I went to Slippery Rock so I guess you can say I lived in Western Pa for awhile.

I cant believe all of you Pa people couldnt make the meet!! It was really great..The next meet is already set for next year..Please check out the dismeet board for further details..I am always on that board..

Welcome! Another PAer signing in. Just a little south of Pittsburgh. Kennywood is 15 min from my home. I pass by it every day when I go to work. We should have a Pittsburgh Dis meet! I was sorry to have missed this past one over the weekend. Hope all attendees had a great time!

Jdubbs said:
I cant believe all of you Pa people couldnt make the meet!! It was really great..The next meet is already set for next year..Please check out the dismeet board for further details..I am always on that board..

WORK WORK WORK!!!! Had to do it!!!!

:sad1:
Mitzi said:
Hi Danalee and Kizmac

Clarion, Pa is checking in and we will be leaving for The Mouse on the 20th of July..Hopefully..They say that there is another storm brewing and the name will be Emily. :sad2: :sad2: I hope she fizzzles out before she gets started.. We have planned a week on the gulf after Disney and Yes ALL of western Pa needs a vacation..LOL My co-workers think this is my past time as it seems like I'm always planing a trip or going on a trip. Hmm doesn't seem like it in my book.
My manager lives in Butler and drives to Clarion to work and I'm trying to convince him to go to Florida next year to see The Mouse..Hey everyone have a great week, just 9 days to go... :banana: :banana: :banana:

Hi Mitzi :wave2:
Oh no, another storm brewing! :sad1: I hope it stays away for you. I'm starting to worry about my September trip too. I don't care if it rains like crazy as long as Disney doesn't close like they had to last year.

I'll dance with you! :banana: :banana: :banana: woohoo 9 days! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Hey Mitzi :wave2: If we ever have a pittsburgh meet you can carpool with me and Kizmac :rotfl:
Have a great time, we leave :grouphug: Aug 8th Cant Wait! :cool1:

I would have loved to go Allentown :sad2: just could'nt work it out~

Kennywood would be great, :banana: I will be there this Saturday for Ford City day! :cheer2:
danalee

Magalex said:
How is summer for everyone? Great here :flower: I live in the south hills area of Pittsburgh. :sunny: We might have to plan a DIS meet in Pittsburgh someday ::MickeyMo

Magalex
POP 4/22-4/30 2005 CAN'T WAIT TO RETURN(maybe CBR next trip in 2007) :banana:
hey Magalex! i'm in the south hills too! have been most of my life. maybe we've even bumped into each other before...you never know, because...

it's a small world after all! it's a small world after all... :music:

Hi. Here's another one from close to Pittsburgh. We are going 24Sep05 thru 01Oct05. We were planning on going in Dec 2005 until I found out about the free dining. This will be our second trip. My first was with the kids. Any advice/suggestions for planning would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi! I am new to this board and I am from the South Hills of Pittsburgh also. I am so glad I stumbled across this board. I already saved $120 on my airfare on SWA (return flight) on my first day here. Airtran (departing flight) on the other hand is giving me a fight for the fare dropping refund. We are going in late August 2005. This is our second trip, and this time also plan to do some non-Disney attractions. This trip we are swimming with dolphins, and the kids are swimming with beluga whales too. Nice to meet you all.

buglade said:
Hi. Here's another one from close to Pittsburgh. We are going 24Sep05 thru 01Oct05. We were planning on going in Dec 2005 until I found out about the free dining. This will be our second trip. My first was with the kids. Any advice/suggestions for planning would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hey buglade! :wave2: You'll be there the same time we are. My first advice is make all your dining reservations asap if you haven't done so already! Mine are all made. I have been hearing that places are all ready filling up. Other than that they say to avoid the parks on their EMH days! Have fun planning your trip. I just joined Tour Guide Mike and he has some VERY good tips.

Hey, thanks for the advice. I already have our dining reservations but I am thinking about changing a few (some a third time). The CM are going to get tired of me. About the EMH, last trip we went to them & then left around 10:30-11am. We park hopped a lot. Does the travel time negate the hopping? We really had a great & productive time our first trip. We felt we saw everything we wanted/planned too (the most important ones). We didn't do any character meals, though. We didn't get into getting autographs until half way through. My DD9 wants to really concentrate on that area this time. We hit a good many shows last time and don't see a need to duplicate some of them this time (although we felt they were very good then). We plan on this being our last Disney trip (we like to go different places-such as the beach, Yellowstone etc.) Thanks for the help.

P.S. How hard is it to get the cartoon characters in the message (and some of the other extras)? Some people seem to devote a lot of time to these message boards.

I have seen so many cars during my commute back and forth to work that have specific items on them that you know are park only stuff and I always wonder if the driver posts on these boards. Let me see if there are any of you out there. Keep in mind I'm from the Pittsburgh (south) area. I've seen an SUV/Jeep out towards Greensburg with I believe it was the Animal Kingdom lodge spare tire cover. I've seen a two door car driven by a young lady on the road Kennywood is on with a window sticker saying she completed the college program at disney world. Not to mention the numerous Disney World Resort only antenna balls that I see daily on the parkway east.

I have asked dh hundreds of times if I could get a Sorcerer Mickey's hat painted on the hood of my car since my car is Sorcerer Mickey blue, but for some reason he won't let me. And I don't have an antenna anymore :-( so all I have to identify myself is my mickey dice hanging on my rear view mirror. I have a Where the Magic Lives license plate at home, but dh keeps forgetting to put it on....for a year and a half! I am insisting he does it this weekend.

So for anyone who travels the parkway east or past kennywood and sees a blue 4 door car with a crazy woman singing the Main Street Melody at the top of her lungs, the speakers turned up full blast and mickey dice on the mirror beep and wave!

And if anyone is serious about a Kennywood meet, I would be up for it.

Jdubbs said:

I totally agree! I'm 15-20 min. west of Pittsburgh and I was at the Allentown Meet. It was tremendous! :goodvibes Come over to the Dis Meet and the Community Boards!

Oh, and Mitzi, I graduated from Clarion! Of course, it was still Clarion State College not Clarion University then. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter