Help! Need recommendations for everyday face makeup

I tried Bare Minerals. I really liked it at first. One really has to exfoliate all the time, or it can look cakey & dry. I set it by lightly pressing a dampened paper towel on my face. Pressing, not rubbing or smearing. It helps get rid of the powdery look. I know other people spritz on a setting spray, but the damp paper towel trick is free.

WARNING: Bare Minerals lists that it has a sunscreen in it with a decent SPF so one doesn't also need to put on a sunscreen underneath. So one day, I dusted it one, buffed it in well and went out into an 80 degree day, full sun. :sunny: Well, it has no real "sticking" power. It's just a powder. It sweated off my face and I nearly got sunstroke, I was so extremely hot & RED from the heat. I had to keep splashing cold water on my face and body to get my temperature back down. I was not doing anything different, or out any longer than when I wear a good liquid sunscreen. So it was definitely the Bare Minerals sweating off. Be careful with this in the summer!

I've gone back to my MAC foundation. I also found Lancome's Teint Idole 24 hr foundation. It truly is 24 hr wear. :love: That stuff is smudgeproof and does NOT come off. :thumbsup2 I use it as my concealer. Unfortunately, it has silicone in it, which is probably what makes it waterproof & long lasting. So, I don't wear it every day.

I tried a foundation that does not contain silicone or parabens, but it oxidized (changed to an orange color,) in a couple hours, then totally disappeared a couple hours after that. It reminded me of the really old foundations our moms used to wear back in the 70's. :crazy2:

I tried Bare Minerals. I really liked it at first. One really has to exfoliate all the time, or it can look cakey & dry. I set it by lightly pressing a dampened paper towel on my face. Pressing, not rubbing or smearing. It helps get rid of the powdery look. I know other people spritz on a setting spray, but the damp paper towel trick is free.

WARNING: Bare Minerals lists that it has a sunscreen in it with a decent SPF so one doesn't also need to put on a sunscreen underneath. So one day, I dusted it one, buffed it in well and went out into an 80 degree day, full sun. :sunny: Well, it has no real "sticking" power. It's just a powder. It sweated off my face and I nearly got sunstroke, I was so extremely hot & RED from the heat. I had to keep splashing cold water on my face and body to get my temperature back down. I was not doing anything different, or out any longer than when I wear a good liquid sunscreen. So it was definitely the Bare Minerals sweating off. Be careful with this in the summer!

I've gone back to my MAC foundation. I also found Lancome's Teint Idole 24 hr foundation. It truly is 24 hr wear. :love: That stuff is smudgeproof and does NOT come off. :thumbsup2 I use it as my concealer. Unfortunately, it has silicone in it, which is probably what makes it waterproof & long lasting. So, I don't wear it every day.

I tried a foundation that does not contain silicone or parabens, but it oxidized (changed to an orange color,) in a couple hours, then totally disappeared a couple hours after that. It reminded me of the really old foundations our moms used to wear back in the 70's. :crazy2:
I use a daily, basic moisturizer with SPF 15, under my Bare Minerals. It give the minerals a better surface to apply to, and with that combo, I have never gotten sunburned, not even at Disney in August. I have not used an actual sunscreen on my face since I started using this a long time ago. I'm sorry it didn't work as well for you, that sounds terrible.

I use a daily, basic moisturizer with SPF 15

What moisturizer do you use? I can't use one with a high SPF. They just clog up my face. I'm looking for a good one to wear under foundations.

I'm sorry it didn't work as well for you, that sounds terrible.

It was. I started feeling really overheated & woozy and knew I had to get out of the sun. It wasn't until I looked in the mirror and saw how red my face I was that I knew things were bad. I had been keeping hydrated, so it wasn't that. The only thing I did different that day was the Bare Minerals. :crazy2:

What moisturizer do you use? I can't use one with a high SPF. They just clog up my face. I'm looking for a good one to wear under foundations.

It was. I started feeling really overheated & woozy and knew I had to get out of the sun. It wasn't until I looked in the mirror and saw how red my face I was that I knew things were bad. I had been keeping hydrated, so it wasn't that. The only thing I did different that day was the Bare Minerals. :crazy2:
It's Targets generic Oil of Olay, Up and Up brand.

I don't use a sunscreen at all because I'm allergic to most. I can only use a zinc oxide type and it's not practical for everyday use. So the Bare Minerals is where I get my daily facial sunscreen and it works for just generic "being outside." I've gone out in the yard, for walks, etc. No problem. Just was at a new dermatologist 2 weeks ago and she complimented me on my skin condition and apparent avoidance of too much sun damage which shocked me.

When I went to Disney, I just didn't wear foundation (Bare Minerals) in the park because I am a horrible head sweater and it then drips down my face. The Bare Minerals will definitely run off under those extreme circumstances. So I just went to the park make up free with regular, thick sunscreen on my face.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter