Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR **TR Update 12/10**

Great update, Steph.

We never saw the dolphins in May or September when we were by the aquarium. :(

I'm glad you enjoyed your meal. I'll have to suggest that Turtle Cheesecake to Mark the next time we go (I can't give up my Chocolate Wave, plus I don't eat Cheesecake).

Good selection of Spaceship Earth as it usually moves pretty fast and you can cool off for quite a bit since it is a longer ride.

That was nice of you to let Mom pick this time. :)

Hi Steph! Great update! That cheesecake sure looks beautiful, I wouldn't want to eat it and mess it up...:)

The pictures you took of the aquariums made me realize that I have never truly explored this pavillion. I have made a note to go see the manatees.

I bet you are excited about your upcoming trip :goodvibes

Did you ever say anything to the children like "Excuse me, don't push" loud enough for the parents to hear?

I almost didn't want to eat it either, but it was absolutely delicious!

It's a bigger pavilion than it looks, with lots of cool animals in there!

We are so incredibly excited! The next couple of weeks are going to fly by too, with us having so many plans and so much to do. It will be here before we know it! :dance3:

I do, and most parents make their kids move, or notice them pushing in and stop them before I could even say anything. Unfortunately there are also those few who don't care and ignored our comments. :sad2:

After spending time packing prior to our Tennessee trip and the trip itself, I'm finding myself behind on the Dis. Your pictures inside of The Seas are all so good especially the ones in the small tank area (the blue room as we call it). Oh that poor dad/man in Turtle Talk With Crush. I bet he was glad that Crush was able to talk him outta getting into big time trouble. ;)

It looks like you had a good view of the aquarium from your table at Coral Reef. You ordered the same dessert as I did. I agree that it was one of the best desserts that I have ever had at Disney.

I really love the blue room, it has some cool marine animals in it! And I'm sure that Dad was very happy Crush helped him out!

I was very happy with our view, especially since my last two times eating there I was in one of the tables right against the aquarium so I didn't know how well I could see from other spots. And that cheesecake is so tasty, I would eat at Coral Reef just for that!!

I think this is the first time I've seen/heard of the turtle cheesecake! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

I totally understand what you meant about walking out of Coral Reef and back into the heat. I love how a nice TS lunch provides a break from the heat and the sun, but it always just smacks you in the face when you return after an hour or 2 in the AC.

Something about your picture of the monorail going past Spaceship Earth just gave me goosebumps and got me excited for our trip. :yay:

The turtle cheesecake is a pretty new dessert there. I think it was only added earlier this year, just before our visit.

That's exactly what happens! You enjoy your cool meal then go back out to roast in the heat and humidity. I'm glad it shouldn't be nearly that bad for my trip this month!

Yay, I'm glad I helped you feel more excited for your trip! :woohoo:

Great update, Steph.

We never saw the dolphins in May or September when we were by the aquarium. :(

I'm glad you enjoyed your meal. I'll have to suggest that Turtle Cheesecake to Mark the next time we go (I can't give up my Chocolate Wave, plus I don't eat Cheesecake).

Good selection of Spaceship Earth as it usually moves pretty fast and you can cool off for quite a bit since it is a longer ride.

That was nice of you to let Mom pick this time. :)

Oh no, I've seen them all but one trip. I hope you guys see them next year!

The Chocolate Wave is quite delicious too! I hope Mark tries the turtle cheesecake, it is divine!

That's exactly why we picked it, and it worked. At least until the ride was over and we had to go back outside :rotfl:

DAY SIX, SUNDAY MAY 25TH, PART 4

After Mom and I finished SSE we talked about what to do next. Mom hates Test Track and cannot do either side of Mission Space, so decided to just head into the World Showcase. But first we walked in front of SSE for some pictures!

Pictures complete we headed toward WS, passing the dancing fountain...

...then the World Cup display they had.

Kids were getting their pictures taken pretending to defend the goal, but Mom and I skipped that. Instead we found a PP taking shots with the frame near the dancing fountain

Yes, we were asked to make those final, silly face shots, those aren't our normal faces! :rotfl:

Despite Flower and Garden being over there were still some displays around, including this one as we walked toward Mexico

The heat was getting to us again, so we were so happy to go into Mexico, being indoors in the AC. One picture of the outside as we walked up though!

The mayan calendar as you walk in

And the "ruins" behind San Angel Inn

We got in line for Gran Fiesta Tour and it was actual pretty long. Long enough that it was outside the entrance to the ride and wrapping around to the entrance of San Angel Inn. It did move quickly though, only about a 10-15 minutes wait, so I only took a couple of pictures in the queue

Soon we were gliding through Mexico, hunting for Donald!

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST

More pictures of our Gran Fiesta Tour!

Once done we walked around the shops and stands for a bit, but neither of us found anything we wanted so we made the hard decision to go back out into the heat and continue around the lagoon. Next up, Norway!

We did go in the shop, but it was packed so we quickly left again. We looked at the line for Maelstrom, but it was over an hour long and snaked outside where there was no shade so we decided to skip it. I'm sad now that we did since it closed with me only ever riding it once!

Continuing onto China I took a couple of pictures before we went in their shop, both of us needing something in there!

We went into the store in China, both of us looking for something Dragon related for my brother-in-law Jimmy. He collects Dragon stuff and China has such a large selection. I cannot remember what exactly we each got him, but we did both find him nice stuff that I remember he liked!

Our purchases completed we walked out to find a PP, so we stopped for a few pictures.

We wanted to walk to Germany next, but encountered this:

There were a bunch of idiots screaming and complaining they were going to be late for their ADR and they needed to lower the bridge for them. :sad2: I really don't get people who feel so entitled. Eventually someone yelled at them to shut up, that everyone was waiting and they should have planned their time better so they wouldn't be late even with delays. The guy who yelled it was a pretty big dude, so that shut the complainer right up! :rotfl2:

Once the bridge did lower we walked into Germany to find Snow White with only one person in line for her! We thought maybe they had closed the line, but the handler with her said it was fine to join the line so we did, followed by many others.

She didn't have a PP with her, but the handler did take that picture with my camera.

It was so incredibly hot that a kid in line behind us passed out right after our pictures were taken and Snow White and the handler rushed over to check on him. Thankfully the kid seemed okay quickly but they took him up to First Aid to be safe. I did see the mother giving him water before that, but apparently it wasn't enough. Mom and I were drinking about a bottle of water each per hour at that point thanks to the heat!

Once our time with Snow White was done and we saw the kid was okay we kept walking toward Germany, though we walked past instead of going in the shops.

We did stop by the train garden though and I took a bunch of pictures, mostly because my Dad loves them!

We also walked past Italy as Mom didn't want to stop and I wasn't going to make her!

When we came up on American Adventure Mom was getting really overheated, so we went in the QS place and sat for a while. Eventually Mom decided she wanted a cool drink besides water, so we went out and found the icee stand and got some and brought them back in to sit and eat. Once done eating those we were both feeling better, so we decided to venture back outside, with one quick picture outside of AA before we continued to Japan

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST

We watched the drum display for a bit since there wasn't much a crowd

Mom wanted to see about doing the pick a pearl, so into the store we went. The crowd and line for it were insane, so she changed her mind. We did watch a couple of people who did it themselves though before we moved on.

We walked past Morocco as the crowds there were crazy. I was happy to see a PP in one of my favorite spots in WS, the fountains in France. There was a group getting pictures and just one couple in line, so we joined up behind them. Before the couple got their turn a family tried to just sit down there to eat. The PP had to argue with them about moving as they didn't want to have to move. Finally they realized we were all going to physically pick them up if they didn't move themselves, so they left. I think the heat must have been frying people's brains that day!

Once it was our turn we got a bunch of pictures taken, both with our cameras and by the PP.

I'm sure you can tell that it was getting a bit windy at that point, but we didn't care at all because it helped it feel somewhat cooler!

NEXT TIME: MORE CHARACTERS AND PICTURES GALORE!

You gotta love the fact that you can get out of the heat by popping into one of the World Showcase countries. I love looking around in the shop at China as they always have neat stuff to look at and some not so ordinary souvenirs to take home to friends and family. Good for the Photopass Photographer making the people move so he could take the pictures of you two.

Great updates, Steph.

Wow...it even looks hot out.

I love the pictures with the frame.

Everyone must have had the same idea as you and your mom if the line was that long for the Mexico ride.

Cute picture with Snow White. I am glad the little one seemed better, but glad they sent him to First Aid.

Great photos of the train. Mark could spend an hour there and NOT move.

What is with people? Can't you see that there is a photographer there taking photos? Seriously, some people just infuriate me to no end.

I like the pictures.

You gotta love the fact that you can get out of the heat by popping into one of the World Showcase countries. I love looking around in the shop at China as they always have neat stuff to look at and some not so ordinary souvenirs to take home to friends and family. Good for the Photopass Photographer making the people move so he could take the pictures of you two.

I agree, the shop in China has so many neat things! And the countries are definitely a great way to get out of the heat and see some cool stuff.

Great updates, Steph.

Wow...it even looks hot out.

I love the pictures with the frame.

Everyone must have had the same idea as you and your mom if the line was that long for the Mexico ride.

Cute picture with Snow White. I am glad the little one seemed better, but glad they sent him to First Aid.

Great photos of the train. Mark could spend an hour there and NOT move.

What is with people? Can't you see that there is a photographer there taking photos? Seriously, some people just infuriate me to no end.

I like the pictures.

I think the heat definitely motivated people to pop into Mexico, and then do the ride while in there. I've never seen the line so long!

The train is pretty cool, but I couldn't stand there for an hour, especially not as hot as it was that day! :rotfl:

Looks like a beautiful day in EPCOT, but that heat sounds brutal!

And a 10-15 minute line for Gran Fiesta Tour??? I can't even imagine what that is like! :lmao:

I hope you're having a great time in the World this week! :thumbsup2

I know you are at Disney, but wanted to wish you, George and all of your family a very

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter