Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR **TR Update 12/10**

Wow, so many animals were out despite the fact that it was the middle of the day and hot. Great job on getting pictures of them all! I'm not so sure that I'd enjoy that lunch but the presentation is very unique and cute.

Thanks! I was a bit surprised they were moving around so much in that heat too. The lunch had things I liked and things I didn't. And it is a cool container and presentation.

That tour looks incredible!!!!! I'm glad you got an opportunity to do it, and thanks for sharing your pictures with us! It really looks like a lot of fun to hang out close to the animals and spend a little extra time with them and the CM's.

I have to say though that I could just skip the lunch if they'd want to discount that part of my cost. :rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:

That tour looks incredible!!!!! I'm glad you got an opportunity to do it, and thanks for sharing your pictures with us! It really looks like a lot of fun to hang out close to the animals and spend a little extra time with them and the CM's.

I have to say though that I could just skip the lunch if they'd want to discount that part of my cost. :rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:

Thanks! It is a wonderful tour and a lot of fun. You get so close to the animals and get a lot of behind the scenes info. :goodvibes

I think a lot of people would! It's supposed to have a more African flare, which is understandable, but I only liked a few things from it. Some people like it all :confused3

DAY FIVE, SATURDAY MAY 24TH, PART 4

After our completed tour we did the only logical thing, we used a FP+ for KS! :rotfl2: We wanted to see the beginning part of it, since you miss that with the tour. I don't remember how long the wait was, but I believe it was less than 10 minutes before we boarded the vehicle and were off.

For the only time this trip we saw a Black Rhino, but only briefly as it was walking inside and our driver wouldn't stop. Here are the 2 pictures I quickly snapped of it!

Lady hippos and pink-backed pelicans!

One of the girls was showing off for us!

Another animal we hadn't seen in a few hours, the Nile Crocodiles!

The gorgeous waterfall in their enclosure

We then moved onto the savannah!

Water Buck

Some sable antelope

The newest addition to the safari, Springbok! They were still pretty shy when we were there, in view but staying far back from the roadway.

Ankole Cattle and Wildebeest

For reasons I don't remember this is the only giraffe picture I got on KS, after taking so many on WAT

Next up were the bull elephant and baboons!

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST

I think our driver was just moving very fast, as I only have one picture of the female elephants too

A couple pictures of the White Rhinos lounging in the hot sun

Then came the warthog and zebras, one of which was right against the roadway!

And lastly were the Addax, who were in the same spot they were during the end of WAT.

After disembarking from our safari we needed to head across the park for our next FP+. Mom already decided she wasn't going to ride this one, but would stand in line with me and take the chicken exit so she could see the queue and not have to stand in the gift shop waiting for so long. It was way too hot and humid to stand outside either anyway.

We quickly made it across from Africa to here:

And then onto on our attraction destination:

Thankfully it was up and running this time, so we scanned our Magic Bands and got to walk right into the nice air-conditioned building!

The line moved quickly and we were soon watching the video with Mrs Huxtable and Hodges from CSI! I usually take pictures during the video, but I wound up near the front and didn't want the screen to distract anyone behind us so I didn't. We got into the next room and I had to photograph the ketchup, mustard and mayo!

Mom got out of line when it was time to board and the guy told her she had to walk all the way to the gift shop, but she just went to the upstairs catwalk instead and waited there. I always forget which dinosaur takes the ride photo on Dinosaur, so no posing this time!

We looked around the gift shop for a bit and I almost bought a shirt for George, but changed my mind and neither of us bought anything. We had to start making our way to our dinner reservation destination anyway, so off we went back toward Africa. As you crossed the bridge into Africa over the moat there were walls still up then on one side due to the construction for FotLK

Looking the other way, toward Asia

I held my camera up and shot this over the construction wall

We checked in at the podium for our dinner reservation, Tusker House!

We were directed out back and only waited maybe 5 minutes before we were called in to be seated. I took only one picture the whole meal, a view from our seat that shows how empty it was that early (it was not even 5pm yet!). I enjoyed the food, despite not taking any photos of it.

Mom enjoyed her food too! When we finished we looked at the map and character guide to see which characters we hadn't met yet. It said Pocahontas was just finishing up, but we thought we would head over to see if we could get lucky and catch her before she left. Luck was on our side as she was talking with one family and no one else was in line. The CM confirmed we could meet with her, so we waited a minute and then it was our turn. The first 2 pictures were from my camera, the others from the Photopass

Pocahontas was nice, but not very talkative so we said thanks and were back on our way. As we walked back out from her line area (she meets near the Tree of Life) I took a couple more pictures of ToL itself.

And one picture of Mom in front of a waterfall

The last characters still out that we hadn't met with yet were Dug and Russell. Kimberly loves Up! so we knew we had to get their autographs. The line was a bit long, but not too bad. I believe we waited 20-25 minutes for them.

It was well worth it though, as the CM took a TON of pictures with my camera. All of these are ones she took!

Wasn't that a lot? They did take a couple with their camera as well

After our meet and greet with the guys we were done for the day. We had seen everything at AK that we really wanted to, so we headed out and quickly got a bus back to CBR. We got off at the bus stop at Old Port Royale so we could fill our mugs, then headed back toward our room. We saw more animals along the way!

After a pit stop in the room to drop off some of our stuff we decided to go relax at the Jamaica beach for a bit. The sky was pretty nice when we walked back out of the room

The hammocks were occupied, but we found some recliner chairs and sat for a bit

Soon we had more animal friends land to join us for a while

They all hung out about 15 feet from us for a while before flying back away. Around that time we decided to head back to our room. We were tired, mostly from the heat of the day. I know we watched a little tv, I think Food Network, and then went to bed.

NEXT TIME: OUR LAST FULL DAY AT WDW!

Great updates, Steph.

I can't believe you went and rode the safari after having just done the Wild Trek. I'm guessing the animals said we just saw her and went and hid. :lmao::lmao:

I heard, and don't know if it is true, that they changed the side the dinosaur is on for the Dinosaur picture. However, it was the same when we were there last month.

I love the photos with Dug and Russell; I wanted to see them again this trip but the line was too darn long.

Nice way to end the night with a relaxing sit down at the beach.

Last day already? Say it isn't so.

I know, right?!

Fantastic updates! I am such a fan! I am glad that you are able to go again with George in December! At least we all have that to look forward to:)

Last day at MK! I know I will spend my first and last day there. There's just something about that park!

Great updates, Steph.

I can't believe you went and rode the safari after having just done the Wild Trek. I'm guessing the animals said we just saw her and went and hid. :lmao::lmao:

I heard, and don't know if it is true, that they changed the side the dinosaur is on for the Dinosaur picture. However, it was the same when we were there last month.

I love the photos with Dug and Russell; I wanted to see them again this trip but the line was too darn long.

Nice way to end the night with a relaxing sit down at the beach.

They probably did hide from me! :rotfl:

Great, another picture spot to memorize! I already can't remember which dinosaur it was in originally, I hope they don't change it!

We walked by Dug and Russell earlier in the day and the line was crazy long. We thought we'd check back before we left and it wasn't as bad that time, so we met with them.

It was a nice relaxing way to end the day.

Sadly the trip is coming to an end. :( But still one more full day at a park!

I know, right?!

Fantastic updates! I am such a fan! I am glad that you are able to go again with George in December! At least we all have that to look forward to:)

Last day at MK! I know I will spend my first and last day there. There's just something about that park!

Thank you! I'll soon by doing another TR soon!

:lmao: Nothing like hopping on the safari right after the backstage tour! :thumbsup2

Nice job on the meet & greets. I need to do some research on AK M&G's now. I haven't been since they shut down Camp Minnie & Mickey.

You definitely hit the jackpot on animals for the day. Both at the park and at the resort. That one duck in the water kind of looks like it is half chicken though. :lmao:

:lmao: Nothing like hopping on the safari right after the backstage tour! :thumbsup2

Nice job on the meet & greets. I need to do some research on AK M&G's now. I haven't been since they shut down Camp Minnie & Mickey.

You definitely hit the jackpot on animals for the day. Both at the park and at the resort. That one duck in the water kind of looks like it is half chicken though. :lmao:

It had been quite a long time since I had seen the animals! :thumbsup2:rotfl:

There are still quite a few characters meeting in AK now, just kind of all over the park! The times guide does give the meeting times and locations for all of the characters.

Thanks! Yeah, Muscovy ducks look a little like they have some chicken or turkey in them with that wattle!

Short Life Update/Prayer Request:

I would appreciate prayers, good thoughts, etc for my family today. Both my Mom and my Great Aunt are having surgery today, and both have extra risks. My Great Aunt is in her 80s and in bad health, but the pain in her shoulder is so bad now that she is willing to risk dying to stop it. :(

My Mom's surgery itself isn't what is risky. She is having a full hysterectomy due to some recurring benign polyps that are causing a lot of pain and bleeding. Her problem is that she cannot go under anesthesia. She had used different kinds and every type causes her to go into seizures when she starts waking up, from petite to grand mal. They have even tried phenobarbital (an anti-seizure medication) and that sent her into an immediate seizure. So she is having to stay awake and they are doing it via epidural. That itself, again, isn't the concern, since it's not much different than the way they do C-sections. Mom has reactions to a wide variety of medications (which my sisters and I also got from her, though not as badly) and had my sisters and I naturally, so they don't know if she will have a reaction to the epidural or not. Her surgery is schedule for 7:30am and I am going to head up there to wait with my father once I'm done posting this.

Thanks in advance everyone!

DAY SIX, SUNDAY MAY 25TH, PART 1

Mom and I got up early this morning and after our showers we walked over to OPR. I remembered to take some pictures on our walk there this time!

I also took a picture of the food court when we walked in...

...but that was it. But I do know we both got the Mickey Waffle, her with bacon and me with sausage. Once we finished eating we took a quick bathroom break then headed to the OPR bus stop. We had one park we had not done yet, and we didn't wait long for a bus to take us there. After the other couple of stops in CBR we went out and quickly arrived at Epcot!

There were morning EMHs that day, so we got there around 7:45am. They started to let us in around 7:55am and I quickly took a few pictures as we walked in.

We hung a right and headed toward The Land. Mom's knee was bothering her a bit, so we walked a bit slower than I normally would and people were passing us on our way. Eventually though we arrived and headed in.

The escalators near the Soarin entrance were walled off, so everyone bunched up around the stairs and slowly headed down. By the time we got to the entrance the standby time was already 40 minutes!

We walked for a bit, then stopped and waited. And waited. And waited. Since we were not moving much at all I took some pictures of the changing wall pictures.

After about 20 minutes of barely inching forward the whole line moved way up and in.

Mom and I made it all the way up to where they send you left or right. We were all being directed right and when I looked left I saw this:

He seems happy to be there, doesn't he?! Apparently it was not working on either side when they first opened, but they had gotten the right side working and were still trying to get the left. Hence the long time without moving at all. But at last we were heading further in the line, and once we got up to the CM organizing everyone we were put here:

Which we were both quite happy about! Not that it's bad in row 2 or 3, but I prefer not having dangling feet at the top of my vision. Soon enough our buddy Patrick came on to give us the safety spiel.

And then we were off for our trip over California. The video is not the best quality anymore, but I still love the attractions so much! And even with Mom's extreme fear of heights she has to do Soarin each of her trips as well.

I looked at the standby time when we came out and it was up to 90 minutes already, during EMH still!

Since we were already in the building and right next door we got in the queue for Living With the Land next.

And by getting in the queue I mean walking through and getting immediately into a boat, as NO ONE was in line for it. We wound up in the front row and a family that walked in right behind us sat a couple rows back and we were off. I can never get good pictures in the first indoor section, but I got a ton in the greenhouse!

Moving into the aquatic section for a bit...

More growing things after the marine life

Some new ways to grow food (and hidden messages in the first two pictures!)

And a peak in the research area before we left the greenhouse:

Once we got out of LwtL we walked over to Sunshine Seasons and each got a drink. We sat for a few minutes talking about what we wanted to do next, as the park was open completely by that point and we knew it would be busy with Memorial Day being the next day.

NEXT TIME: FISH EVERYWHERE! :fish:

Steph, great update. Wow...that was a long, slow moving line for Soarin' first thing during EMH's. But if it was down it certainly explains it. I'm with you...I love it too (but really wish they'd fix it).

We love The Land and you got some awesome pictures there.

I know where you are going next. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter