Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR **TR Update 12/10**

Steph, great update. Wow...that was a long, slow moving line for Soarin' first thing during EMH's. But if it was down it certainly explains it. I'm with you...I love it too (but really wish they'd fix it).

We love The Land and you got some awesome pictures there.

I know where you are going next. ;)

Yeah, the wait was crazy for having just opened but once we realized it wasn't working it made more sense.

Thanks, I liked those pictures too!

That poor CM looked soooo bored just standing there. He's probably like me..if I am bored, the days get so long. I'd much rather be busy.

Love all of your Living With The Land pictures! I could go on that attraction two or three times each trip if we had the time.

That poor CM looked soooo bored just standing there. He's probably like me..if I am bored, the days get so long. I'd much rather be busy.

Love all of your Living With The Land pictures! I could go on that attraction two or three times each trip if we had the time.

Me too! I hate just sitting/standing around. When I get bored at work, waiting for the next round of things to get ready, I usually wander around to see if anyone else needs help! :rotfl:

I could too, and I know George will also love it as his family has always been into farming. Not to mention he really loves food! :rotfl2:

Sorry about the wait for Soarin'. At least they managed to get one side up and running so you could ride before you got stuck being one of the people waiting in the 90 minute line. :crazy2:

Always enjoy living with the land. I still can't figure out how they keep the hanging melons from falling off the vines. We had pumpkin vines growing up the chain link fence along our dog kennel this year from where we threw out our pumpkins from last fall. We had a nice pumpkin hanging from one of the vines along the top of the fence, but it fell off once it got to be about the size of a basketball.

Sorry about the wait for Soarin'. At least they managed to get one side up and running so you could ride before you got stuck being one of the people waiting in the 90 minute line. :crazy2:

Always enjoy living with the land. I still can't figure out how they keep the hanging melons from falling off the vines. We had pumpkin vines growing up the chain link fence along our dog kennel this year from where we threw out our pumpkins from last fall. We had a nice pumpkin hanging from one of the vines along the top of the fence, but it fell off once it got to be about the size of a basketball.

Indeed, I think Mom would have just insisted on getting out of line if it hadn't started moving soon. It's one thing to be in a long line if it is at least moving, even if it's slowly. It's another to be in a line that isn't moving at all!

I cannot figure that out either! Their vines must be extra strong to hold all of that weight straight down like that! :confused3

Sorry for being MIA for a while, life has been crazy lately! Not only helping my Mom still (she is recovering well, but still cannot drive or pick up anything over 5 lbs for another week) but my sister's cat decided to try to die on us 3 weeks ago and is still recovering. He is only 8 but stopped eating and moving suddenly 3 weeks ago. My sister rushed him to the emergency vet and he has pancreatitis and fatty liver disease. The liver issue was because of not eating so getting food in him was what was needed to correct that, but even after 3 days staying at the e-vet they couldn't get him to eat anything. So he got a feeding tube put in and we have all been helping to tube feed him every 6 hours for the last 2.5 weeks, since work schedules prevent any one person from doing it. He is much improved now and eating some on his own, but still not quite enough for the vet to feel comfortable taking the tube out. If he is still doing well by next Wednesday they will take it out then. Thankfully all of my fur-children are still doing well. Phoenix is still not showing any signs of his cancer, Jynx is actually eating better than ever for the past few days, Sweetie is fine and I just did bloodwork on both Jag and Turk and while they have slightly elevated kidney levels, it is still not at a level for concern and is normal for their ages (both are about 12.5 years old!).

Oh, and George and I got our Mickey Mail on Wednesday!!!! And look at my ticker, one month from today we will be at WDW!!!!

Now, for an update for this TR!

DAY SIX, SUNDAY MAY 25TH, PART 2

After our greenhouse journey and our drink at Sunshine Seasons Mom and I looked at the time and realized it was almost time for our next FP+! On our way there we stopped at a PP spot and got our picture taken!

Once that was done we walked the rest of the way to our destination, The Seas with Nemo and Friends!

The line wasn't too bad for FP+, and even standby was only around 30 minutes. Within about 10 minutes Mom and I were in our clam-mobile and riding along with Nemo and friends. I can never get decent pictures on here, but these are the best of what I did get!

It's a short and not-very-exciting attraction, but I still like it, as does Mom. My favorite part though is after, seeing all of the marine life!

It's Dory!

And Nemo, or maybe Marlin?

More fishes!

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST

More fish inside The Seas pavillion!

Nemo again, and Dory too!

We still had some time before our third FP+, so we wandered around some more, checking out the manatees underwater first.

After a bathroom break it was time for our third FP+ of the day, Turtle Talk with Crush! I know this is more geared toward the kids Crush talks to, but I find the conversations hilarious and Crush is one of Mom's favorites (probably second after Winnie the Pooh!) so we had to do it.

We went into the holding room before the show and I took some pictures of the tanks in there.

If you closely you can see a clown fish against the coral. This one was very shy and kept hiding in the coral. The kids all waiting were going crazy over Nemo being there for the show!

Then it was time for our conversation with Crush. At the moment I cannot remember any specific funny things and I didn't write them down. I do know at one point a little girl almost got her dad in trouble with her mom, but it was all cleared up with some questions from Crush and Dad appreciated that!

NEXT TIME: TRAVELING THROUGH TIME!

Thanks for the trip through the aquarium. I needed that this morning. Mom and I didn't get to explore a lot in October because the place was packed.

I can't wait to see Turtle Talk again in a few weeks. I love that show!

Thanks for the trip through the aquarium. I needed that this morning. Mom and I didn't get to explore a lot in October because the place was packed.

I can't wait to see Turtle Talk again in a few weeks. I love that show!

It was pretty busy when we were in there too, but we had time to kill so we just slowly made our way around.

I love it too! I can't wait to see it next month :goodvibes

Hi there! I am glad your Mom is doing well and I hope that the kitty also gets better.

Those are some great pictures of the aquariums at the living seas. Sometimes I forget that there is so much to see in there :D

I have never been to turtle talk. Do you think the lines will be horrendous without a fp+?

1 month! :cool1:

Just found your trip report and read from start to current and I love it. I love seeing the jungle treck part I know I want to do this now. I hope your animals are all doing well and I am so sorry about your dog having cancer. my pets are family and it is hard to see them sick. I hope your mom is doing well and making a speedy recovery. I cant wait to read about the end of your trip it is so much fun reading about your trip with your mom.

Wow... 30 minute stand-by for the Nemo ride? I can't imagine waiting that long for that one! FP+ really is changing the lines around the parks, isn't it?

I always enjoy checking out the aquariums at the Seas. And Crush is usually a good show even if you don't know any of the kids up front talking to him. :rotfl:

Hi there! I am glad your Mom is doing well and I hope that the kitty also gets better.

Those are some great pictures of the aquariums at the living seas. Sometimes I forget that there is so much to see in there :D

I have never been to turtle talk. Do you think the lines will be horrendous without a fp+?

1 month! :cool1:

Thank you! Mom is doing well, just going a bit crazy since she isn't cleared for regular activity until this Wednesday! And Duke is doing much, much better! :goodvibes

I forgot how much is in there too! And I have so much more to show you in the next update!

The lines probably won't be too bad, depending on exactly when you go. :thumbsup2

Just found your trip report and read from start to current and I love it. I love seeing the jungle treck part I know I want to do this now. I hope your animals are all doing well and I am so sorry about your dog having cancer. my pets are family and it is hard to see them sick. I hope your mom is doing well and making a speedy recovery. I cant wait to read about the end of your trip it is so much fun reading about your trip with your mom.

:welcome: Thanks for joining in! Wild Africa Trek is awesome and I hope you get to do it one day. Thank you for your thoughts on my pets and my Mom. Thankfully all are doing well for now!

Wow... 30 minute stand-by for the Nemo ride? I can't imagine waiting that long for that one! FP+ really is changing the lines around the parks, isn't it?

I always enjoy checking out the aquariums at the Seas. And Crush is usually a good show even if you don't know any of the kids up front talking to him. :rotfl:

It might have been 20 minutes. I forgot to write it down until later in the day and couldn't remember for sure the wait. It was moving, but FP+ was slowing it down.

I think it may even be funnier if you don't know the kids talking to him, since you don't have to worry about getting embarrassed by them! :rotfl:

Sorry I am behind, Steph.

I love the ride as you and your mom do, and love all the aquarium pictures. Great job on getting lots of different fish.

I'm glad you enjoyed Crush.

Happy Thanksgiving to you, George and your family.

Sorry I am behind, Steph.

I love the ride as you and your mom do, and love all the aquarium pictures. Great job on getting lots of different fish.

I'm glad you enjoyed Crush.

Happy Thanksgiving to you, George and your family.

It's ok, I was behind on your TR too and just got caught up! :goodvibes

Thanks! It's not an exciting attractions but it is cute.

Thank you, I hope yours was great as well and having your family around helped you with you Mom's passing :hug:

DAY SIX, SUNDAY MAY 25TH, PART 3

Once we were done with our chat with Crush, we still had time before our lunch ADR so we continued to explore the aquariums in The Seas. We had one last thing to look at on the bottom level, so over to the dolphins we went. They were moving too fast so I didn't get good pictures, but here are the best few:

After watching them for a bit (and getting pushed around by eager kids trying to see them!) we walked upstairs to see the manatees from the upper section. There was a CM there talking about them and feeding them so there was a small crowd, but not too bad.

We learned a bit about the boys, and how they wound up there. As you can see in my next picture, Lou is the one with the tail that is missing a chunk from a boat that hit him, and Lil Joe's Mom was killed by a boat and he was orphaned, so he came there.

Mom and I decided to look at the dolphins again, this time from the upper viewing area. I didn't get better pictures then before, but here's what I got!

The walkway with the huge tank was pretty full of people, but we ventured in there anyway and I did manage to get some pictures of the fish/sharks/turtles/etc, and some interesting rock formations!

After a while the kids shoving us and the parents not caring got to us, so we walked down to the gift shop. I almost bought something there for my sister Lisa, but decided to hold off for a bit. By that time we noticed it was time to make our way to the lunch ADR we were looking forward to. Luckily it was not far!

We checked in at the desk and waited about 5 minutes for a table to be available. I only took one picture of the waiting area since Mom and I were talking.

Soon we were seated in the second tier of the restaurant with a great waiter named Jeff who was very friendly and attentive without being smothering. Mom and I enjoyed our complimentary bread and I took a picture of the water reflection on the ceiling

We both ordered the New York Strip Steak and both loved it! I could have sworn I took pictures, but I cannot find any so maybe I didn't. I did get a couple of decent shots of the aquarium while we ate

Mom and I also got the same exact dessert, which wound up being our favorite dessert of the whole trip! The Turtle Cheesecake, turtle shaped and all!

Just seeing the picture makes my mouth water remembering how delicious it was. I'm very much looking forward to having it again later this month!

Once we finished eating we headed out to a very hot, humid day. We had gotten used to the nice temperature inside Coral Reef and the heat just hit us when we walked out. We quickly decided to try to find an attractions that wouldn't have a long line, or at least would have a shaded one. Once we decided where to go we walked that way.

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST

More pictures on our walk:

Mom and I decided on Spaceship Earth since the line moves quickly and is under the sphere so at least it is shaded. And it was close by! We checked the standby wait and it said 20 minutes and that was fine with us with how busy the park was. We hopped in the queue and I took a few pictures while we walked through it

We soon boarded our vehicle and enjoyed our journey into the past to understand the future! I took several pictures, but only two turned out even slightly decent

I got more pictures of our picked out future, which Mom chose since it had been a while since she did it!

Once we exited the attraction and were in the "lab" we looked up to see our faces on the big screen of photos. I quickly snapped a photo of it!

We are the two left-most near Florida! :rotfl:

NEXT TIME: SOCCER AND SEARCHING FOR DONALD!

Hi Steph! Great update! That cheesecake sure looks beautiful, I wouldn't want to eat it and mess it up...:)

The pictures you took of the aquariums made me realize that I have never truly explored this pavillion. I have made a note to go see the manatees.

I bet you are excited about your upcoming trip :goodvibes

Did you ever say anything to the children like "Excuse me, don't push" loud enough for the parents to hear?

After spending time packing prior to our Tennessee trip and the trip itself, I'm finding myself behind on the Dis. Your pictures inside of The Seas are all so good especially the ones in the small tank area (the blue room as we call it). Oh that poor dad/man in Turtle Talk With Crush. I bet he was glad that Crush was able to talk him outta getting into big time trouble. ;)

It looks like you had a good view of the aquarium from your table at Coral Reef. You ordered the same dessert as I did. I agree that it was one of the best desserts that I have ever had at Disney.

I think this is the first time I've seen/heard of the turtle cheesecake! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

I totally understand what you meant about walking out of Coral Reef and back into the heat. I love how a nice TS lunch provides a break from the heat and the sun, but it always just smacks you in the face when you return after an hour or 2 in the AC.

Something about your picture of the monorail going past Spaceship Earth just gave me goosebumps and got me excited for our trip. :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter