• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone else noticed? - Is it THE Dustin West?!

i'm obviously late to the party, but just noticed Dustin's name on the Club 33 article and I too got all excited about it.
Hopefully he is back in some way, but I do agree, he did withdraw completely from the Disney scene when he left, which is entirely his choice, so will be interesting to see if he's back in the fold.
and if so, welcome home Dustin.

I'm not as curious about this as everyone else seems to be. But I know most of the team patrols the boards pretty regularly. So..... why not just ask rather than speculate? Pete, John, Kevin, Craig, or whoever else reads this first - can you provide insight to the OP? Thanks.

I've got the perfect way to reintroduce Dustin to the show...

He walks out of the shower at Pete's house like Bobby Ewing and we find out the last 2 years were just a bad dream.

I have loved everyone on the podcast team, so all I have to say is.... has it REALLY been TWO years since Dustin left?? Sheesh... where has the time gone?? :)

You know, this brings up an interesting point. Should the members of the Dis Unplugged pod cast be considered a "cast"? I think it is safe to assume that we as viewers consider them as such. I was actually surprised when I heard Kevin talk about how each of them work alone for the bulk of their work week. I guess I just thought they worked in Pete's dinning room all week. LOL But the question is, does Pete look at his group of employees and consider their on camera chemistry? Does he ponder personality styles and differing perspectives? From what I have gathered he simply loves Disney, his friends and discussing the news about Disney. I personally love this style of show but I must admit I was heart broken when my first Dis Unplugged "dis-crush" Oliver was suddenly gone. How could Pete secure a cast of people that won't break our hearts when they move on? I don't know, just speaking from the heart. Love you all!

before we start speculating or piling on each other, I've got a wild idea. Why don't we just email him and ask him?
Dear Dustin, what the heck? Love the dis
Or even better we could pretend he is a human and respect his privacy. If he wants people to know he would post on social media, same as the Dis does and most of the free world.

Good grief, clearly I was going for humor. I just didn't like the piling on each other, and was trying to difuse it.
At least I got the pile on directed at me, instead of a new poster so I guess it worked.

@pjweaver Sorry if I got a little hotheaded there, but my whole point is we all respect Dustin, there are things that we would NEVER say or talk down to Dustin but we have zero problem saying it to each other.
Thanks for all your witty posts, I may need to leave the humor to others.

^This.

I know one thing....as soon as I'm added to the DIS Unplugged team, I'm dropping all of my social media accounts, changing my phone #, moving into a hotel, and taking out pre-emptive restraining orders on all you people.
Are you under the impressions that being a member of the DIS team will afford you the means to live in a hotel? Craig's first five years with the podcast had him living under Pete's patio with only lawn ornaments for friends; He still sends Christmas cards to the Gnome family. And we all hear the horror stories of Teresa going straight from the Welcome Center to clean John's pool, stopping to record a podcast episode, then heading off to Waffle House all to afford her Faberge cat toy addiction. Last month she put her Harley up for sale when 'Catnip Castle' came on ebay.

Are you under the impressions that being a member of the DIS team will afford you the means to live in a hotel? Craig's first five years with the podcast had him living under Pete's patio with only lawn ornaments for friends; He still sends Christmas cards to the Gnome family. And we all hear the horror stories of Teresa going straight from the Welcome Center to clean John's pool, stopping to record a podcast episode, then heading off to Waffle House all to afford her Faberge cat toy addiction. Last month she put her Harley up for sale when 'Catnip Castle' came on ebay.
This is wildly inaccurate. I'm not sure where you got your info from, but I only lived under the patio for 3 years.

She's still really pissed that I outbid her on that .... I'll bring a picture of me enjoying it to give to her at the 20th party, I think she will appreciate that

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter