• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone else noticed? - Is it THE Dustin West?!

I've got the perfect way to reintroduce Dustin to the show...

He walks out of the shower at Pete's house like Bobby Ewing and we find out the last 2 years were just a bad dream.

I wouldn't say a bad dream. Craig and Ryno (and Oliver) have done a fantastic job of updating and re-imagining the DIS Unplugged and the DIS YouTube channel. Lots of great content, discussion and reviews over the last few years. The coverage of D23 in 2015 was amazing and so was the coverage of last year's F&W. I cannot wait for the D23 coverage this year.

Yea a lot of people miss the various people that have left over the years. The only thing I really miss is the 3rd person on the Universal show.

I wouldn't say a bad dream. Craig and Ryno (and Oliver) have done a fantastic job of updating and re-imagining the DIS Unplugged and the DIS YouTube channel. Lots of great content, discussion and reviews over the last few years. The coverage of D23 in 2015 was amazing and so was the coverage of last year's F&W. I cannot wait for the D23 coverage this year.

Yea a lot of people miss the various people that have left over the years. The only thing I really miss is the 3rd person on the Universal show.
I think the OP was talking more about other things that have happened in life.

Reactions: jcb

I think the OP was talking more about other things that have happened in life.

He's just jokingly referencing this scene from DALLAS where an entire season of the show was actually just a dream, and you guys are over-thinking it :D

Yeah the Dallas thing is a joke and it was pretty clever, but it brings up a great point. I am really happy with Craig and Ryno, they have really done amazing. Craig absolutely raised to the position and made it his own. I appreciate their commitment to the community.
Would I love to hear an update from Dustin or have him contribute occasionally? Sure. But Pete, if you are reading this, you have two stellar stars right now. Don't let them get away!

I would love for him to come back, make a guest appearance, write a few articles here and there. Steve came back, so anything is possible! :teeth:

I guess I am the only one not very optimistic. When he left almost two years ago he was sent off with a mountain of kind words. So far as I know he has rarely if ever acknowledged this community since then. Others like JL will tweet back often at Disers. He chose to withdraw entirely and I completely respect that, I honor that and have seen no meaningful change. I wish him the best.

I have seen two generic articles, maybe he just wanted to make a few bucks or do it for fun? I just don't see him returning and certainly not long term, maybe briefly until the next life adventure calls him.
I am more excited to meet those who have stayed, to put names to faces of mods who work hours at the board, several posters who are clever and witty. To shake Micheal's hand and tell him how much I enjoy CWW. To thank his wife for her tireless research for the show. To thank Tracey for flying from freaking Canada several times a year to film DU show and how much I have learned. I am excited to meet the Disneyland team and thank them profusely for years of hard work.

I look forward to celebrating the community that Pete, John, Kevin have given their lives to. Mostly, I honor all of YOU for being here, thank you for the good times. I look forward to celebrating that and what's to come. I can't worry about those not here, I celebrate those who are.

I guess I am the only one not very optimistic. When he left almost two years ago he was sent off with a mountain of kind words. So far as I know he has rarely if ever acknowledged this community since then. Others like JL will tweet back often at Disers. He chose to withdraw entirely and I completely respect that, I honor that and have seen no meaningful change. I wish him the best.

I have seen two generic articles, maybe he just wanted to make a few bucks or do it for fun? I just don't see him returning and certainly not long term, maybe briefly until the next life adventure calls him.
I am more excited to meet those who have stayed, to put names to faces of mods who work hours at the board, several posters who are clever and witty. To shake Micheal's hand and tell him how much I enjoy CWW. To thank his wife for her tireless research for the show. To thank Tracey for flying from freaking Canada several times a year to film DU show and how much I have learned. I am excited to meet the Disneyland team and thank them profusely for years of hard work.

I look forward to celebrating the community that Pete, John, Kevin have given their lives to. Mostly, I honor all of YOU for being here, thank you for the good times. I look forward to celebrating that and what's to come. I can't worry about those not here, I celebrate those who are.
Well said! I totally concur, @disneyland_is_magic !! (And still SO wish I could be there. Please shake hands/hug/thank for me! ) :)

Because I know its the truth. Same with JL and Oliver.
Pete has always said Dustin is welcome back at anytime. So it is in no way out of the question about Dustin returning.

JL got a job in production at Disney and also reports for another site. Oliver landed a job at Universal. I'd see no reason why Pete and The DIS wouldn't welcome either of those back either - after all JL was head hunted by Pete, and Oliver did a lot of great work whilst with The DIS.

Steve left The DIS, moved out to Salt Lake City, got engaged and moved back with his fiance. He came straight back to work for The DIS when he was back in the area.

JL got a job in production at Disney and also reports for another site. Oliver landed a job at Universal.

I agree only with my extract above although its incomplete re Oliver. I know and said nothing about Steve's situation.
But look, I like the Dis and its best I say no more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter