Girl Scout Conflict: Help me approach this tactfully

This is my 10th year as Troop Cookie Manager. Probably have 4 more years to go with my youngest.

In the troop’s very first years of Cookie booths (I’ve done this for 3 troops) I did stay for booths. Either as the chaperone or just stayed nearby in case the adults needed help.

Other than that, I create a sign up genius. Everyone else in the troop (adults and girls) get first dibs. My daughter and I only take up the leftover spots.

My daughters have sometimes tried to pull the bossy ness when they were younger, but I was sensitive to it, and sure to nip it when I saw it. My daughters are not entitled to special access to booths or special treatment just because I’m the cookie mom.

Also, I’ve been SUCM (service unit Cookie manager) for 6 years. We honor our top 10 Cookie sellers every spring. Coincidentally most are daughters of leaders or TCMs. I get real excited when a “regular” Girl Scout cracks the top 10. Some of it is by accident. But some parents do put their daughter first above the rest of the troop.
I’ve often had to counsel conflicts and remind moms and leaders that it is a Cookie program... not a Cookie competition.

I'd just quit this troop and find another if your DD still wants to be in Girl Scouts.

Mine ran into issues and we quit the troop. Then my DD decided she was done with it. Fine with me - I was so over the Mom drama, some of those Girl Scout Mom's acted insane.

Can't you sell your share of cookies at work or to the neighbours? No need to "help" if it's not wanted...

Can't you sell your share of cookies at work or to the neighbours? No need to "help" if it's not wanted...

she's trying to reach 250 boxes so she can earn a stuffed elephant. So far we're at about 105, but thats's with the booths. We're doing our best, but 250 is a lot of overpriced cookies to hustle. The booths definitely help with that.

she's trying to reach 250 boxes so she can earn a stuffed elephant. So far we're at about 105, but thats's with the booths. We're doing our best, but 250 is a lot of overpriced cookies to hustle. The booths definitely help with that.

As a daisy, that’s a really ambitious goal. My dd is a 2nd year daisy and each girl averaged about 100 boxes. We have 10 in our troop. Our council also has strict rules for daisies during the sale. I don’t know if those rules vary by council. We were only allowed to sell for a total of 2 hours at a cookie booth, but not all on the same day. Our booth was staffed by our cookie captain (cadet level), plus 2 daisies and their moms. Our troop leader had us all register as adult scouts because we’re also required to accompany our girls on the camping trips while they are daisies. Brownies and up are allowed without a parent.
There were also rules on social media sales for under 13.

How much would this stuffed animal be at a store?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter