Food Trucks at the Boardwalk.

They could convert the green space to accommodate 4 food trucks similar to D Springs.

Atlantic Mess Hall could be a huge food court, but other than not a fit IMO it probably would keep a lot of guests away from sit down spots on the BW. Assuming a new one takes over Big River.

We did like Big River as a non reservation option, always had good luck as a walk up and get in pretty quick depending on time of day. ESPN as well, but often a line.

It may have been pointed out above that Disney didn’t close BRG, its operator did, and I think Disney was taken by surprise. I hope a casual sit down restaurant takes its place, but in the meantime a rotation of food trucks seems reasonable to me. We were introduced to arepas at Q’Kenan in Orlando, and I wouldn’t mind opportunity to enjoy them on the Boardwalk!
Ahh ok I didn’t realize, thanks for that! That’s very interesting and lends to the fact that Disney is doing what they can to create a quick fix with the food trucks. But I’m like you, I’d love to see some interesting food options in the area and think this could bring some freshness to the Boardwalk. I also don’t think this will be a full replacement for BR so hopefully this will give them a chance to put something good/useful in that spot. I’d take another sports bar but I’d like it updated and refreshed.

Where I work in NYC we have a ton of food trucks and street vendors and I like to frequent them but mostly because they are a quick and cheaper alternative to restaurants and brick and mortar spots without sacrificing much on the quality or amount of food (depending on truck). However if I was to pay restaurant prices for food from a truck I probably wouldn't frequent them as much or at all. I'll be interested to see how the menus and prices are set up at BW. But either way love them or hate them there HAS to be something good that takes the empty spot left by BRG. It's prime real estate! Heck drain and fill the lake with New Yawk tap watah and make a combo bagel and pizza spot!

I don’t know what the laws are where you live, but in Texas food trucks are regulated as tightly and inspected as frequently as brick and mortar restaurants. They’re very popular here, and there are even food truck parks (like the cluster of food trucks in Disney Springs) offering a variety of cuisines. I’m not any more worried about eating from a food truck than I am from any other restaurant.
I agree they are popular with certain segments of the population. But not me. They are expensive and shotty. This whole “street food” trend really makes me feel like I’m in a Third World country. I’m fine buying a pretzel or churro from a stand. But if I buy an entree, I want to be able to sit down at a table INSIDE. I don’t want to have to sit on the ground or stand around looking like a fool trying to shove food into my face. And I don’t want to sit in a parking lot surrounded by food trucks. The one way that this food truck “trend” isn’t Third World is the pricing. Disney and other so called “gourmet” food trucks charge top dollar. There is no discount for having to use a garbage can for a table. So Disney will charge $15 for burrito or whatever without providing a table, air conditioning— anything. It’s a joke. Disney used to build restaurants.

I agree they are popular with certain segments of the population. But not me. They are expensive and shotty. This whole “street food” trend really makes me feel like I’m in a Third World country. I’m fine buying a pretzel or churro from a stand. But if I buy an entree, I want to be able to sit down at a table INSIDE. I don’t want to have to sit on the ground or stand around looking like a fool trying to shove food into my face. And I don’t want to sit in a parking lot surrounded by food trucks. The one way that this food truck “trend” isn’t Third World is the pricing. Disney and other so called “gourmet” food trucks charge top dollar. There is no discount for having to use a garbage can for a table. So Disney will charge $15 for burrito or whatever without providing a table, air conditioning— anything. It’s a joke. Disney used to build restaurants.
In case you may not have realized, many people find the phrase "Third World Country" to be very offensive, so perhaps it is a poor choice of words to express your displeasure with food trucks being used at WDW.

Oddly enough, many people also enjoy dining al fresco if not seated at a table inside a restaurant. I rather enjoy doing so, especially at the Boardwalk. Have you ever purchased anything from the Boardwalk Bakery (or whatever it's called now) and sat at an outside table? A whole bunch of us have. What's the difference?

There is a restaurant there. It closed, presumably because it didn't make enough money to remain open. Therefore, logic would suggest that not enough people valued the opportunity to sit at an inside table to enjoy their meal.

To each their own, but I chuckle at the condemnation of food trucks providing much-needed service to an area that seemingly can't sustain a dine-in, sit-down restaurant.

PSA: Let's agree to disagree on whether or not the Food Trucks are a good thing, and keep our comments related to the original topic of this thread:

"Have the food trucks arrived at the BW yet? If so where are they located and what type of food do they have?"

No need to turn this into a debate. Thank you.

They could convert the green space to accommodate 4 food trucks similar to D Springs.
Nay! Nay!
Please don't consider turning the beautiful Village Green to a Food truck rodeo.
Many kids would be upset, let alone their parents who enjoy letting their kids run around to blow off some energy.
The movies at night always draw a decent number of guests.

Nay! Nay!
Please don't consider turning the beautiful Village Green to a Food truck rodeo.
Many kids would be upset, let alone their parents who enjoy letting their kids run around to blow off some energy.
The movies at night always draw a decent number of guests.
There's zero chance that would ever happen. i think we're safe.

Is the Pizza window place gone from BW that was by the place on the corner? My kids used to love that one.

Personally, I would love to have a few food trucks take up residence at the Boardwalk.

While I do eat sit down occasionally, I'd much rather have food that I can take back to the room to enjoy. Right now, the only takeaway options in the area are the pizza window, Boarwalk deli, Beach/Yacht club quick service, and Ale and Compass mobile order.

I'd LOVE if they had Cousins Lobster, Bombay Kitchen, Thai it Up, Octopus Falafel truck or any of the other wonderful food trucks out there inhabiting that space.

All the complaints about the food trucks sound like the people that still use checks to pay at the register. Times change! People love trucks now, my wife included. Many times they are owned by passionate people making great food who just can't afford a whole brick and mortar storefront. And they are more regulated than they used to be. We have had some food from local trucks that was much better than comparable food at sit-down restaurants. Personally I would rather have better, more authentic, tastier food than a nicer table to sit at. Let's just hope they are quality food trucks!

That being said I would love a list/schedule as we are going to be at Beach Club in mid February. 🤞

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter