Food Trucks at the Boardwalk.

That's great! I really didn't expect them to be there so soon. But that's mostly because I didn't realize that Big River Grille was closing so soon. Does anyone know whether the food trucks take Disney Gift Cards? Disney Rewards Cards? Credit Cards? Or are they cash only?

Excited about food trucks while ESPN and BR are shuttered…

Oh my, what has the new Disney generation come to expect from Disney??
Likely something better than the dog food they served at Big River Grille. Since these aren’t construction site roach coaches, and they are only temporary, I’m glad to see some potentially new food experiences on the Boardwalk. ESPN was ok to watch a game, but the food there was terrible too.

Likely something better than the dog food they served at Big River Grille. Since these aren’t construction site roach coaches, and they are only temporary, I’m glad to see some potentially new food experiences on the Boardwalk. ESPN was ok to watch a game, but the food there was terrible too.
Right, so with all the closed/sub par restaurants in Epcot (Marrekech, San Angel, Le Cellier), Disney should just close them and roll in the food trucks.

I grew up expecting Disney to be better.

Right, so with all the closed/sub par restaurants in Epcot (Marrekech, San Angel, Le Cellier), Disney should just close them and roll in the food trucks.

I grew up expecting Disney to be better.
I’m not sure how you close an already closed restaurant (Marrakesh), and I’m not sure how many people would agree that Le Cellier is “sub par”, but there might just be one or two other food locations somewhere, someplace, in Epcot that someone might find something to eat. Just a guess.

Boardwalk has no other quick serve type food locations to pick up the slack for Big River Grille, so they had to do something to provide an alternative to absolutely nothing. How exactly do you close down a food location for renovation, without providing some sort of temporary food service?

Again, it’s temporary, and there are some amazing food trucks out there with some unique and inventive offerings. There are even James Beard and Michelin Star chefs bringing cutting edge cuisine to the food truck experience.

I’m not sure how you close an already closed restaurant (Marrakesh), and I’m not sure how many people would agree that Le Cellier is “sub par”, but there might just be one or two other food locations somewhere, someplace, in Epcot that someone might find something to eat. Just a guess.

Boardwalk has no other quick serve type food locations to pick up the slack for Big River Grille, so they had to do something to provide an alternative to absolutely nothing. How exactly do you close down a food location for renovation, without providing some sort of temporary food service?

Again, it’s temporary, and there are some amazing food trucks out there with some unique and inventive offerings. There are even James Beard and Michelin Star chefs bringing cutting edge cuisine to the food truck experience.
Well we will agree to disagree.

I liked both ESPN and the BR brew pub. Not for a formal meal, but great places to grab a beer or watch a game.

Agreed, they needed to do something for now-so Food Trucks it is I guess.

But where's the planning?

What's it been on ESPN... like 3 or 4 years?

Leaping Libations is very minimal.

Even the Bakery used to have a very good Lobster Roll.

Now Big River is gone.

Boardwalk To Go offered a variety-maybe that will be back soon?

Boardwalk-to-Go.jpg

BWtogo.jpg

Isn't that the one that's becoming a fancy corn dog stand? So yea, not gonna have much variety if I'm right.

Oh my. Sad what's happening over there.

Well if at the BW pool you can get the pizza there or at the BW window, and now the pretzel dog there or at the BW stand. Yay.

Choices will be pretty limited for a while for the quick serve/pub food type selections. The food trucks, at least so far, are limited to lunchtime only - no dinner service. Boardwalk to Go becomes Corndogs - might have some good food, but much more limited menu. Most likely options will be to walk over to Dolphin's Fountain restaurant for burgers and such, or try to get a seat at Beaches & Cream if you can. I don't think Cake/Bake shop, even if it's got good food, is anything close to the sports bar style food of ESPN or Big River...so those types of options are becoming increasingly hard to find around Disney (I do like Rix over at Coronado though - good standard bar food and sports type setup).

BoardWalk Deli, Trattoria pizza window and Leaping Horse Libations (pool bar) all offer quick service food options at the BoardWalk. Soon Blue Ribbon Corn Dogs. Plus Carousel Coffee, BoardWalk Ice Cream and Abracadabar for snacks and drinks. And Trattoria & Flying Fish for table service, with Cake Bake Shop under construction.

The options are a little spread out, but I'm not sure BW would be better served if all of this was merged into a food court.

It definitely would IMHO.
Aren't the individual shops and venues part of the charm of the boardwalk? Speaking as someone who has owned there for about 18 years, it certainly is to me!

I hope something new goes into Big River Grille sooner rather than later. But zero interest in seeing BW mirror all star dining facilities.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter