First Trip To WDW ~ How old were you?

Snowwark

DIS Veteran
I was 27 before I managed to visit the World for the first time.

We drove down, and I was so excited as we neared Disney property that I thought I was going to be sick! :o :)

My face hurt from smiling all week long, I was so happy. The night before we left, we were sitting above the train station at the MK, just soaking it all in, and I started to cry. I was convinced I'd never get back.....it's good to be wrong about some things. :smooth: :)

Next? :)

I think was I in grade six or seven ... I don't remember how old I was back then :p ... My dad took my sister and I down to Florida in the car. Lots of fun! Recently, I find myself wanting to drive down as well ... don't have a car though :(

I was 13 and had just graduated grade 8. We drove down. At that time all that was there was MK. We stayed at one of the DTD hotels - although DTD wasn't there and I can remember thinking how cook it was. We also went to Cypress Gardens and Sea world.

I had to wait until I married to see WDW. My dream had finally come true. It was awesome. I was 22 at the time. Now it is my mission to return as many times as possible.

Tania

I was also 27 on our first trip in Oct of 2000, LOL-it was supposed to be our once in a lifetime trip......how little did I know that we would be back 2 years later in Nov of 2002 and are now planning to be married at WDW Oct of 2004!
It's official-we have been Mickified....... :)
Grover in Winnipeg
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Well, I was pretty young the first time I went to WDW. It was either 1981 or 82, so I would've been about 4 or 5. I somehow remember Epcot had just opened, so it must have been 1982. The 1980s were good to me. I think my parents took my sisters and I to WDW almost every 2 years up until 1991. Then it was an agonizing 9 years before I returned again. It was my first trip as a cast member. I guess I because Disney crazed b/c my parents started me on a consistent diet of Disney at an early age. :)

Friends of mine were to go to Fort Lauderdale for Spring Break but one of them had to back out because her mother would not let her go! Well back then you could change the name on a ticket, so I went home asked my mom while she was on the phone whether I could go. She said, Yeah, Yeah, not realizing what she was agreeing to!LOL

My friend and I just did a day trip and only went to MK. I still have those pictures. I also took pictures of DD in the same spots when we went our first time. I also bought a Pluto, which DD has in her posession. It was from that first trip that I was hooked!

Can't wait to get back there in August!

Scratch
:smooth:

I was 29. It was just going to be a trip to florida to visit both sets of parents, but my dad gave us tickets to MK as a christmas gift and once we entered we were hooked! Been back every year since.

I believe I was 19. We drove, I was the babysitter for my brothers children. I haven't counted how many times I've been since then, maybe I should. :rolleyes:

My first trip I was in MGM for my 35th B-day. Hubby was 38, DS was 12 and DD was 9.

It was 1976 and I was not quite 10.We went every year after that until I was in grade 11.Then didnt get to go back until almost 20 years later in 1997.

I'm not sure why, but I'm a little surprised that so many of us were over 20 before we finally got there. :) I can remember always wanting to go as a child, but we had a cottage and that's where we spent vacation time, plus with 6 kids, it was probably out of the question financially for my parents, at the time.

:)

I took Daniel a couple of months after his 1st birthday and I had just turned 35. I went to visit a friend who had moved to Orlando and of course we had to go to Magic Kingdom while there!

I don't think WDW had been built or at least finished, the last time I went to Florida with my parents as a teenager.

I thought I was the ony one that had a deprieved childhood without a vistit to the kingdom. But it looks like I am in the majority. I went to Disneyland at age 24 and WDW at 26.

I was 14, I think it was the summer of 1977. I went with my family Mom,Dad & brother.
It was so amazing! I was SOOOOOO impressed, (remember I was a teenager, being impressed wouldn't have been an easy thing to do)
I really did say "I want to live the rest of my life here, right here, IN WDW"
We went back the following year again and then when I was 21 a girlfriend and I went to Disneyland in CA, awesome.
Then a couple years later I took Dh to WDW and MGM was just being worked on, but I'd never seen Epcot yet.
So I'm still trying to figure out " How am I going to live there" - Wonder how many DVC points you need to live on the grounds all year.....or even better, How much does the Castle rent out for?

Looks like I'm the youngest so far. I celebrated my 3rd birthday there in 1980.

I was in grade two (not sure how old you are then!) Only the MK was open then and we spent two days there. Even though I was young I got totally hooked and still to this day think it is the greatest place on earth. It was me, mom and dad we stayed at Daytona Beach we also visited Circus World where I road my first roller coaster, Florida Hurricane which totally frightened me, it was another 20 years before I road another one! Went again in grade 8, 9 and when I graduated from university. This year was my first stay on site trip and I would never stay off site again!

Fun thread!! My first time to WDW was in 1975 just before my 2nd birthday! Needless to say I don't remember it! :eek: My family still talks about the excitement driving to the main gate. I've heard the story so many times that I think I've now painted a picture of it in my memory! I've been back too many times to count. Maybe they'll start renting out the apartment over the castle and I could rent it each year! ;) Who's with me??? :cool:

My first trip to WDW was in August, 1982 for our honeymoon...I was 23, DH was 26 and my parents gave us the plane tickets as a wedding gift. Epcot was opening that fall so all we saw was MK but we loved it. I remember taking the monorail through the Contemporary and thinking: "Wow, imagine staying here"...we stayed in a DD resort. We spent a week in Clearwater Beach after that...oh the memories. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter