First Look: The Tropical Hideaway at Disneyland Park

Finally sat and ate at the Tropical Hideaway yesterday. There were 5 in my group. The line to order was pretty long, so one person went and got a table while we all ordered.
*Disclaimer: I’ve never had Bao before so this is my only experience having it

The chicken and beef Bao was pretty good. I do wish it had a little bit more meat. The dipping sauce (.60 extra) adding a nice flavor to it. It does have a slight kick, according to my friend. I really didn’t think it was that spicy. I think The breading on the outside was nice as well. I liked these more than I thought. Downside is that they are $5.99 for one bao!

The sweet lumpia was a let down for me. It has a cream cheese filling and comes with a pineapple dipping sauce. It is also coated with cinnamon. With all of that together it was way too sweet. The flavor was good, but the sweetness was too much for me. I prefer regular pork-filled lumpia. These are 2 for $6.99(sauce included).

I tried a raspberry dole whip and loved it!!! I will for sure get that again! One of my friends got raspberry and pineapple mixed together and she said the raspberry had a stronger flavor than the pineapple. Another friend opted for the basic pineapple dole whip and added tajin to hers and liked it. Forgot how much the dole whips were.

One of my friends was going to get cold ramen (I think that’s what she was calling it), but they ran out by the time we got there. We arrived around 12:30, so prime lunch time.

Overall I like this place. I don’t think I’ll rush to eat it each visit. The prices were a little high for what you get. Also at this time AP discounts don’t apply, and I tend to purchase food from the places that I would get a discount. However I will get another dole whip! That was so good!

Last edited:
Thanks for all the reviews! I wonder if the lines will even out by the time we are there for spring break in March, or if it will still be a faster way to get Dole Whip. My hubby's eyes lit up at the prospect of skipping the normal line :D Besides the food, are there any special treats/themed merch there?

Good to know they run out of the ramen salad! I know my kids would love it and I think if we got some Bengal skewers, it would be a perfect pairing.

Thanks for all the reviews! I wonder if the lines will even out by the time we are there for spring break in March, or if it will still be a faster way to get Dole Whip. My hubby's eyes lit up at the prospect of skipping the normal line :D Besides the food, are there any special treats/themed merch there?
The only souvenir I saw were the reusable sporks. I think they are either $2.99 or $3.99. There are the plumeria ears but those are sold at the store across the way.

Good to know they run out of the ramen salad! I know my kids would love it and I think if we got some Bengal skewers, it would be a perfect pairing.
The ramen salad is kept in a tub with ice, so you just grab it and take it. So I don’t know if they replenish throughout the day.

You can order Dole Whips ahead through the app and skip the line too

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter