Finish this sentence..

I can relate. My son was hysterical on the last day of our last vacation and he was bummed out to be home for quite a few weeks after.

My answer is: 1) talk to your kid about his negative emotions (because everyone has them and it will be a big help if he learns to deal with them while he is young); and 2) work together to plan some fun things to do together close to home like finding a new playground, a Disney movie night, a fun craft or building project, etc.
How old is your son?

How old is your son?

He's 5. If I'm reading the thread right, I think that makes him close in age to the OP's. I will now confess that I sometimes fail at my own advice because dealing with negative emotions is draining. But I do notice that when I'm willing to talk to my son about his feelings, that he is better able to process them.

Don't get me started on kennel bills. We are blessed to have an incredible kennel about 30 minutes from us and I'd never leave him anywhere else, but the bill - wow! We were in Alaska for 18 days last summer. It was over $900 to spring the pooch when we got home. So yes, good advice for anyone thinking about a pet. If you travel frequently, it can get very pricey - especially as they get older as ours is and they require more specialized care. We travel a lot and easily spend over $1K a year just on kennel fees.
Can't you get a brand new dog for less than that?

Don't get me started on kennel bills. We are blessed to have an incredible kennel about 30 minutes from us and I'd never leave him anywhere else, but the bill - wow! We were in Alaska for 18 days last summer. It was over $900 to spring the pooch when we got home. So yes, good advice for anyone thinking about a pet. If you travel frequently, it can get very pricey - especially as they get older as ours is and they require more specialized care. We travel a lot and easily spend over $1K a year just on kennel fees.

I'm fortunate to be able to board my animals for much less than that...unfortunate that the boarding facility available to us doesn't have those kinds of amenities. :worried: On the bright side, the kennel we use is attached to/associated with the veterinarian office we use for all our pets' care, so my main worry, that the animals might need medical attention while I'm gone, is entirely solved by simply signing the authorization for treatment when I drop them off. And, too, I just don't travel as much to rack up that kind of bill. It's definitely something I've kept in mind as I've considered getting more pets; I may have time and love for more but I don't have the money for them.

Can't you get a brand new dog for less than that?

My dh said the same thing when I told him I paid $300 to board our cat for our 7night cruise. Ridiculous amount considering the cat probably slept for 90% of the time we were gone.

My dh said the same thing when I told him I paid $300 to board our cat for our 7night cruise. Ridiculous amount considering the cat probably slept for 90% of the time we were gone.
I travel to much I'd have to get a new dog every 3 or 4 months.

My dd found out we were going to be on our cruise during our cat's 6th birthday. So we had to have a bday celebration for our cat last week-end. Yes I actually bought and wrapped presents to give to our cat, she's not spoiled at all, lol! So far I have refused to make an instagram acct for the cat., so that's something, right.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter