Fan Club Card

I booked all of the rooms over the phone. When the front desk clerk asked for the card he just looked at it, He didn't scan it through anything nor did he ask me any questions. I was surprised also that I was the only one he asked. Maybe it just depends on who is checking you in. When I originally booked the five rooms, I did request the Fan Club rate. At that time I was not asked any specifics about the Fan Club so I was pretty sure they would honor the rate.

I hope that answers all of your questions.

:hyper: Yep, I'm just back too. All the desk clerk did was glance at my fan club card. Thanks so much TinkerBarb!!! Front of the Line is incredible!!!!!!!!!!

At the Portofino at check-in was asked for the first time in three visits to display my Fan Club Card. They took it and photocopied it and gave it back. I also showed the Fanclub at the Hardrock Cafe and got a 10% discount, They don't take the fanclub card. Yippe. However I gave every bit of the discount back as an extra tip to the server.

We were not asked to show our Fan Club card. Maybe because it was late and they had given our Bay View room away. We ended up with an "upgrade" to a Deluxe which we didn't really want. :rolleyes:

When I called a couple of months ago to inquire about FAN club rates for August, the 1-800-BE-A STAR customer service rep asked me what company I worked for. I didn't get the card thru my company so I was scared that I would be "busted" (but I do work for a company that has more than 100 employees). She sounded like she was typing in the info, then she just quoted me a price. Maybe my job does have :"FAN Club" membership after all.

I'm so sorry, but I've run out of cards. Fan Club has become "paperless" and is no longer sending out hard cards. You must now go thru their web site and use the code FAN. This code is for members only and you might have to prove that your company is a member. They will honor old cards till the end of the year, but unfortunatley, I no longer have any cards to send out. Perhaps folks on the boards with cards they are not using can loan them out to folks needing them for upcoming trips.

Just a final thank you , tinkerbarb:teeth: :sunny: :hyper:

You have been an angel to help so many of us DIS boarders over the years, and we all owe you big! So hear is a :cheer2: and a:thewave: for all your kindness and caring!

If anyone has an extra card they won't be using, I would love to have one sent to me. We are going in December. I will pay for shipping.

Please email or PM me if you can help???

Thanks in advance!

jiminy

someone posted you can sign up for the FAN club by being a member of MouseForLess

themouseforless.com

the club for orlando is paperless so no hard card

posted by riduvall on another thread on this forum

I am confussed (it doesn't take much).

If the FAN club card is paperless how do you get the % discounts at shops and resturants? I can get the hotel discount by using the FAN code, but how would the other discounts work?

TallyLassie, Most of those discounts are gone because it is paperless.....

:bounce:

If you go to eBay there are sellers offering them very cheap (which is good, since they got them for free). But anyway, I paid $2.00 for two cards (one for me and one for a friend). I didn't know how else to get a Fan Club card and I wanted to be able to book a room at the HRH at the fan club rates. It was well worth the $2 I spent to get the "free" cards!

I'll be at WDW in 16 days and Universal in 21 days!

I just ret'd from Universal yesterday. I had a neighbors fan club card. I got discounts at all the shops, 10%. No problem.

themouseforless doesn't send cards out as the FAN CLUB is now paperless. If you are a member of themouseforless, then you can justifiably use the discount. I requested a mouseforless membership card be laminated and sent to me (a service free to members) so that I would have "proof" that I could legitemately use the FAN CLUB discount.

BTW, I haven't recieved it yet...

D4est-
I did the same thing and have not recieved my card yet either. This was a few months ago.

Yea, I sent a request on Aug 11th...

I think I will just go with the AAA rate. It is only a few dollars more. The e-mail from TheMouseFor Less said to send a SASE and they would send a Fan Card, but I don't think I want to take the chance. Also it seems there is more chance of getting the Loews Card benefits with AAA rate, than with FAN rate. Thanks for your help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter