Fan Club Card

I used the fan club rate, booked at their website, and it was not requested at check in nor did they ask any other information. The only time I showed it was at restaurants and stores offering the 10% discount which I loved! Thank you, TinkerBarb for sharing this great discount card with me! We saved hundreds.

:D Thanks Hoppamomma, that's great to know. I thought they weren't giving the 10% discount anymore?

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!
I'm going to Universal Orlando in June and I can't wait.
And as every other smart cookie here - I too- have sent tinkerbarb an email.:Pinkbounc

I'm confused by recent posts. Tinkerbarb, does Universal not sanction your distribution of cards here? Is "I got it from the disboards" not an acceptable answer?

:confused:
Mort.

Tinkerbarb-I did not receive my cards for my trip in April :(
Don't know what happened there-but I PM'd you again.

Hey all, the answer is that US gives the cards to HR departments for use in their company. They also were letting them give them away (like at car dealerships). Whether of not US officially sanctioned Tinkerbarb to distribute them on the internet is a question I don't think anyone really wants to know the answer to. With them bringing the cards into the virtual realm (outside of the physycal cards) there will be many people that have the cards (with no expiration date) and people who have changed companies, and people who got them for going on a test drive, etc... that will be out of the loop. I think it best not to advertise that you got it on the Dis, so I will say I got it from the Toyota dealer in dallas. And not remember which one. I will tell them what company I work for if they really want to know, but I will tell them the card came from another source. Barb might be able to give you a better answer, but I don't like to burn up my sources....

Oh, also, FYI she responds much better to e-mails than to PMs.

(And lastly) CHECK OUT MY COUNTDOWN CLOCK!!!! SEE YOU IN A WEEK AND A HALF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bounce:

I have received the dreaded e-mail twice from US requesting my company's information in order to get the fan club rate for the tickets and hotel reservations that I have already paid for. I am leaving in June and I am afraid they won't ship me the tickets or confirmation until they verify I work for a fan club company. I read on this site that if you tell them you have a card (I pray tinkerbarb is sending me one!) that should be good enough. I was hoping they would send me the documents and I could show the card when I arrive. Has anyone done this successfully? I think I better respond in case I need to make other arrangements. Any advise in this matter will be greatly appreciated. Please hurry I am running out of time!

Thanks,

Craig

If you are a teacher you can get a fan club card from the aft union, if your local belongs to it. You also get a card for Seaworld, Hershey, Sesame Place, alamo, budget and national car rental.

They also send you a coupon for $15 off one day adult admission to Universal Hollywood. It can be used 6/7-9/2. It is for Teachers and school employees.

How long are the cards good for? I dug & dug in my closet until I found one in an old purse. I know it is atleast 4 or 5 years old. There is no expiration date on it & I no longer work for the company that I received it from. Should I toss it or do you think it may be valid? :)

*****actually I was just looking at the fan club website & it looks like the only real benefit is discounted tickets & rooms, which I already have. I also noticed that the do call to verify employment, so I think my card is def. invalid. I'll have to talk my current employer into joining the fan club. :)

MagicalMom, there is no expiration date, and supposedly the only reason they want to know where you work is for statistical purposes. the card is still valid, just like the cards the people were given for taking a test drive in a car at one of the local car dealerships.....

Thanks Ohana Family, I'll hold onto the card. The way it sounded on the website was that it wasn't valid if they couldn't verify employment. :)

Our company joined fan club this year, and we were not issued cards. We were given a promo code to use. I actually booked my hotel just using the "fan" code.

I called the fan club number and the reps there told me that they no longer issue cards, and that they are not needed to book at the discounted rates. I pressed them on this, and they assured me that they would not ask for a card at the desk when I checked in.

It is probably always worth checking, but this is what I was told.

I've booked several times (at other hotels) using the Entertainment rate, and I've never been asked to show that card either, even though I had it.

Ultimately this is a promotional tool that they hope will drive up attendance. I guess the exclusivity isn't that big a deal to them as long as your staying with them.

..so just to confirm, if we have a reservation confirmation from earlier this year, plus a fan club card donated by a very kind person, and we show up at the date on our confirmation e-mail, with the fan club card even though it might not be requested, we should be OK to stay at our Universal hotel?? And at the fan club rate on our e-mail confirmation?

Originally posted by jubileegirl
..so just to confirm, if we have a reservation confirmation from earlier this year, plus a fan club card donated by a very kind person, and we show up at the date on our confirmation e-mail, with the fan club card even though it might not be requested, we should be OK to stay at our Universal hotel?? And at the fan club rate on our e-mail confirmation?
That SHOULD be the case, all things in life are negotiations.....

What if I present the card at a Citiwalk restaurant with my original flyer that states, "10% off food bill?...will they have to honor it?

Cindy, you can try, but as I said... all things in life are negotiations.....

As far as the food discounts, remember that they also state very clearly on the fan club web site, that everything is "subject to change". So if that discount is no longer offered, it doesn't matter what your old pamphlet says.

I've checked and they WILL honor your reservation. Fan club cards are being phased out, but the program is still alive. The thing is that the cards don't have an expiration date and they have existing reservations based on folks with cards from promos and old companies and so on. New reservations are a different matter and is their way of phasing out the hard cards.

The big deal over all of this is that there were some scum bags selling the cards on ebay. US can also save a ton of money by going all electronic, and have better control over distribution to qualified companies.

Tinkerbarb,
I just want to give you a BIG THANK YOU for helping
so many people with the Fan Club Card!!! You put
so much of your personal time and effort into helping
all of us. No matter what happens to the program, You
Are Much Appreciated!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter