Exploiting the Market - PIT Rentals

Renting out more than one confirmed reservation 30+ days out isn't against DVD rules, yet the DIS has a rule against it. So it would seem the DIS is not beholden to the DVD ruleset like you seem to suggest. @Sandisw

See you are ignoring what I am saying to argue an unrelated point. This is what happened in that overly long thread months ago as well. Against rules or not is not what defines a commercial activity. This person has figured out how to do commercial activity within whatever rules they are working with. It's still commercial.
I didn't say the DIS has to police it, I'm just saying we should stop pretending we don't know it's commercial use, because even the faintest amount of common sense tells us it is.

But then wouldn’t renting even one reservation be commercial? If that is how you are defining it, then sure.

But when talking about rentals, using the term commercial in an arbitrary way that doesn’t match the terms of the contract muddies the conversation

Isn’t the main the reason people have these discussions is because they have decided that someone is violating the rules?

If someone is renting points within the rules and DVC is allowing it, then it’s not considered a commercial activity for purposes of the contract. They are renting under their right to rent within the personal use guidelines.

And my comments will always be related to the contract for purpose of these discussions…renting outside the rules, because that is why they occur.

Last edited:
Renting out more than one confirmed reservation 30+ days out isn't against DVD rules, yet the DIS has a rule against it. So it would seem the DIS is not beholden to the DVD ruleset like you seem to suggest. @Sandisw

That is a great counterpoint and one I wasn’t thinking about. But you are right.

The owners of the site could decide to put in rules that are stricter in limiting the number of points offered, regardless of whether it triggers the commercial threshold or not.

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest