• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

Glad I'm not the only one confused! I think its an important nuance. If it's based on park you have booked, this would tell you that going to Animal Kingdom in the morning (with an 8 am opening) gives you an advantage on building an afternoon stack in another park. Similarly, going to Epcot in the morning (with a 10 am opening) is a disadvantage.
It seems like that is the case... at least as reported from someone on site. I edited my last post to add but I'll put it here, too:

Verification would be good :) I am not answering from my own experience but I asked this same question to someone who did this last month. I just don't know where the post is either!

Edited: Here is the post I was referring to
If the rule is that you can book your 2nd LL 2 hours after park opens for your *first* LL - even if in a different park - then a good PH/G+ strategy would be to book your 1st LL for a park that opens earlier, all else being equal.

If the rule is that you can book your 2nd LL 2 hours after park opens for your *first* LL - even if in a different park - then a good PH/G+ strategy would be to book your 1st LL for a park that opens earlier, all else being equal.
It would although I've seen some posts that suggest you might have trouble booking any alternating passes....

Example:

Book a 4:00 SDD @HS
at 11 Book a 12:00 Test Track @EP
Then at 12 when you tap into TT book a 6:00 TSMM @ HS

I don't know if anyone has tied to book LL at alternating parks like that or if it would allow it.

Except that you would lose out on any hard to get LL's in your hopper park, by not booking at 7.

Except that you would lose out on any hard to get LL's in your hopper park, by not booking at 7.

I think this only makes sense if you DO plan to book your first LL at 7 for your hopper park. Let's say EP is your first park and AK is your hopper park. You could book your first LL at 7 am for AK, then book your second LL for AK at 10 am (based on an 8 am AK opening). Add in the $ILL for FOP and you've got a 3 ride afternoon stack built before Epcot even opens.

You would still book your 1st LL at 7AM either way. It's the 2nd LL that benefits from ability to book earlier.
So in a scenario where you're rope dropping the 1st park while building up a stack of LL's for 2nd park the alternatives might be:

Hopping from Epcot=>DHS
7AM book SDD at HS
11AM book something else at HS

Hopping from DHS=>Epcot
7AM book TT at Epcot
You have to wait til 12pm to book something else at Epcot.

Another scenario could be:
Hopping from AK=>DHS
7AM book NRJ for 10AM
10AM tap in and book MFSR at DHS

A quick question, if AK opens at 7:30, and that is where my park reservation is at, does that mean I can book my 2nd LL at 9:30? My plan that day is to hop to HS in the afternoon, and do as much as I can at AK that morning. Should I just start stacking rides at HS starting at 7, then 9:30, then 11:30? Does that make sense? Would that make booking AK as your first park and advantage to use Genie+?

A quick question, if AK opens at 7:30, and that is where my park reservation is at, does that mean I can book my 2nd LL at 9:30? My plan that day is to hop to HS in the afternoon, and do as much as I can at AK that morning. Should I just start stacking rides at HS starting at 7, then 9:30, then 11:30? Does that make sense? Would that make booking AK as your first park and advantage to use Genie+?
It seems to go by where your first LL is booked so if you book a HS LL at 7 then it’s 2 hours after that park opens.

It seems to go by where your first LL is booked so if you book a HS LL at 7 then it’s 2 hours after that park opens.
So would a work around be book a LL at AK at the earliest time possible, tap in, and then book HS? That way your second is happening before 11 hopefully?

So would a work around be book a LL at AK at the earliest time possible, tap in, and then book HS? That way your second is happening before 11 hopefully?
Could be, as long as you weren't planning to get Slinky Dog as one of your Lightning Lane passes. That'll probably be sold out.

If AK opens at 730 and you get a pass for 8am ish, and you check in right at 8, you could get another pass for DHS at 8am when you're scanning that ride and I would think your next at ride could be selected for DHS at 10am. If DHS opens at 9 that day, you'd get your second DHS pass a full hour before most of the people starting out in DHS. Then you'd get your 3rd pass for DHS at 12

Could be, as long as you weren't planning to get Slinky Dog as one of your Lightning Lane passes. That'll probably be sold out.

If AK opens at 730 and you get a pass for 8am ish, and you check in right at 8, you could get another pass for DHS at 8am when you're scanning that ride and I would think your next at ride could be selected for DHS at 10am. If DHS opens at 9 that day, you'd get your second DHS pass a full hour before most of the people starting out in DHS. Then you'd get your 3rd pass for DHS at 12
I might try that. The problem being the park opens for EMH at 7:00am, so have to book while walking to FOP. If I can get Kali or Jungle for 8:00am, then I don't mind missing out on SDD, Ill try for that the next day. Maybe book MMRR or MFSR at 8:00 ish, then one of the two at 10:00 or RnR, etc. Does this sound like a good plan?

I might try that. The problem being the park opens for EMH at 7:00am, so have to book while walking to FOP. If I can get Kali or Jungle for 8:00am, then I don't mind missing out on SDD, Ill try for that the next day. Maybe book MMRR or MFSR at 8:00 ish, then one of the two at 10:00 or RnR, etc. Does this sound like a good plan?

I think that plan would work.

I was confused at first when you said Jungle (thinking of Jungle Cruise at MK), but then I figured out that you must mean the Kiliminjaro Safari. If you choose Kali, I hope it's a hot day because you could start the day drenched.

I don't think I've seen this question specifically answered, but I have a question about booking multiple G+ passes. If you are holding 2 G+ passes on your account, can you book a new one once you've tapped in on the first one, or do you have to wait 2 hours from when you booked the most recent one?

For example, say I'm at MK and book a G+ for Jungle Cruise before the park opens, and get a return time of 1:30, but then while I'm in the park at 11:00 I book a G+ for Dumbo at 11:30. Am I able to book my next G+ when I tap into Dumbo, or do I have to wait for 1:00 since that is 2 hours after I booked the second one?

Just my experience today, I bought ILL for FOP with a window from 12-1. I tapped in at 11:53 with a green light on the taps and no looks from cast members.

I don't think I've seen this question specifically answered, but I have a question about booking multiple G+ passes. If you are holding 2 G+ passes on your account, can you book a new one once you've tapped in on the first one, or do you have to wait 2 hours from when you booked the most recent one?

For example, say I'm at MK and book a G+ for Jungle Cruise before the park opens, and get a return time of 1:30, but then while I'm in the park at 11:00 I book a G+ for Dumbo at 11:30. Am I able to book my next G+ when I tap into Dumbo, or do I have to wait for 1:00 since that is 2 hours after I booked the second one?
See post #3 in this thread re Booking Eligibility

I welcome feedback for our HS strategy using LL and ILL$.

Monday, March 21:
7:00a – LL SDD & ILL$ ROTR
7:15a – Skyliner to HS
8:30a – SDD (check time for MFSR) or MMRR (and only ride SDD once) -- we love SDD so a LL and a RD would be great. But, I'm also thinking the better strategy would be knocking out MFSR and MMRR. We will have other HS park days and have PH so, it is possible we could try and do SDD the afternoon of another park day. but -- if i understand things correctly, i would essentially have to grab SDD as my first LL and then wouldn't get a second LL at the morning park (like AK or Epcot) until two hours after park opening. As you can see, my brain is spinning a bit here... :)
9:15a – TOT (regular line)
10:15a – RNRC (regular line)
11:00a – LL (top picks: MMRR, RNRC, MFSR, TSM, ***)
1:00p – LL (see above)
1:05p – 50s Prime (keep or modify)
2:00p – Resort/Pool
3:00p – LL (for evening stack - see above)
5:00p – LL (for evening stack - see above)
7:00p - LL (for evening stack - see above) -- do you think the better move would be to stack at another park like AK and enjoy the evening over there assuming there would be more LL availability than an evening in HS??? If so, I'd keep the 50s Prime lunch and cancel the dinner. Hmmmmm...
5:45p – 50s Prime (keep or modify)

Has anyone had success booking 2 ILL’s now that only one per park is ILL as opposed to two before (we are hopping from AK to Epcot and would like to get FOP and Remy since this will be our only AK and Epcot day…)

I welcome feedback for our HS strategy using LL and ILL$.

Monday, March 21:
7:00a – LL SDD & ILL$ ROTR
These can be tough to get right at 7:00AM. If you can't get one, they usually have availability from 7:15-7:40, perhaps while you're waiting for or riding the Skyliner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter