Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

Hey y’all, just barely hopping on this thread. I’m in the DCP and I have a reservation for Epcot tomorrow and I’m gonna buy genie+ and be at the parks I’ll day (I’m planning on hopping to AK around 2 and then eventually heading to HS to finish). I’m used to genie+ at Disneyland which works way better than WDW. But I’ll do the best I can!

What strategies have you all found helpful for getting the earliest possible time at 7 AM? Pinning the ride you want to your tip board and repeatedly refreshing? Tapping through really fast to book it? Entering the app right at 7? I’m gonna be trying for Frozen which I expect will go very fast. Thanks!
Sorry, just came across your question. How'd the 7am drop go for you?

Enjoy your day, sounds like you'll be busy!

Sorry, just came across your question. How'd the 7am drop go for you?

Enjoy your day, sounds like you'll be busy!
It went great! I set my watch to the same time as time.gov and refreshed right at 7:00:00 and had Frozen as the only thing pinned on my tip board. Then I tapped through as fast as I could and got one for 8:45! Then I proceeded to watch them run out in 2 minutes 😂

I think the most disappointing thing about it is that it apparently doesn't hold the time once you select it. At least the paper FP's showed what you were going to get or at most might flip 5 or 10 minutes forward and not potentiallly hours.

Yes that is one problem. At least the old way ( running from ride to ride and getting tickets) you knew the time you were getting. But this is the electronic age.

The problem with the early morning strategy outlined in the OP strategies ( eg at MK) is it will not work if the park is extremely crowded and early AM passes disappear quickly or are limited as we found when we jumped on at 7A to get PP a very popular ride. Although we though we had aquired a 10:30 pass it returned a 12:30 pass to us. This left us in the situation of dumping this pass an risking not getting one and trying for an earlier pass or waitin until 11 to get another pass or waiting until we double tapped at 12:40 for another pass. We opted to try to RD stuff and do early AM stuff and wait until 11 for our next pass ( rather than 12:40). But once we obtained an 11AM pass for something after our 12:30 PP pass we invoked the 2 hour rule locking us into a pass only every 2 hours.

The OPs strategy for MK will only work on days when it isnt super crowded and you can get earlier passes in the morning. Then again if its off season and not supercrowded one can argue whether or not the service is needed at all.

It went great! I set my watch to the same time as time.gov and refreshed right at 7:00:00 and had Frozen as the only thing pinned on my tip board. Then I tapped through as fast as I could and got one for 8:45! Then I proceeded to watch them run out in 2 minutes 😂
That's awesome congrats!

When I went in December and Frozen was on G+, I wanted an afternoon time, but they were not going quickly at all. I had to refresh for 5 minutes before it got to 130. Haha.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Just a comment - Kicking myself that I didn't think during our visit to refresh the screen to look for additional LL times. I used to do that frequently with the old FP+ system and for some reason it didn't cross my mind this time.

I'll chalk it up to another one of the many G+ lessons learned that I'll change next trip.

Last edited:
Just a comment, kicking myself that I didn't think during our visit to refresh the screen to look for additional LL times. I used to do that frequently with the old FP+ system and for some reason it didn't cross my mind this time.

I'll chalk it up to another one of the many G+ lessons learned that I'll change next trip.

I’ve been reading reports that the refresh strategy works well with smaller groups. I know you go as a party of 2. Same here so I’m hoping refresh works for us.

How do you pin an attraction to the top of the list?

How do you pin an attraction to the top of the list?
On my genie day click on “get started now” and just follow the steps and when it tells you to select attractions just select the one(s) you want to see first on the tip board. Later in the day you can park hop and you can tell genie (on my genie day) to plan for your next park

I had a great day with genie+ and ILLs yesterday and today! I’d heard a lot of people in Facebook groups, etc talking about how it was a complete waste of money but my experience has been that while the system is MUCH better at Disneyland, if you do it right that money is worth it (of course I’m only paying for myself).

I’m in the DCP and I’ve been here for a couple weeks but I didn’t get my park pass until last week and then I didn’t feel it would be worth buying genie+ when I was just going before or after work and then the one day I had off last week, CMs were blocked out of all the parks except Epcot where I don’t feel like it’s worth it all by itself. I did manage last Thursday to do Mickey and Minnie’s and Space LLs (which are obviously part of genie+ now). Anyway I just finished training for my job which means I have a few days off which means I’m getting a lot more park time for genie+ to be worth it.

So yesterday I wasn’t able to start stacking LLs until about 10. This is because reservations, especially for cast members, are very limited right now (apparently more than normal) and I’ve found that I’m always able to get a reservation to Epcot after refreshing for a few minutes day of (I haven’t had luck with the other parks) but it’s not as easy before that. So I was unable to get a reservation ahead of time and I woke up around 6:30 and refreshed and refreshed trying to get a reservation in time for 7 but I wasn’t able to. So I went back to bed and woke up around 10, when I was able to get a reservation for Epcot after refreshing for a couple minutes and I reserved Tower of Terror for 5:55.

Then I got ready and headed to Epcot which I got to around 12. I did Test Track single rider which would’ve taken around 15 minutes but it was a little longer since it broke down for a few minutes. While I was in line it was time to get another LL so I reserved Splash for 4 hours later (it was broken down btw so the return time may have normally been sooner because it would’ve been running or it would’ve been farther away when people saw how long the line was). After Test Track I did Soarin’ which was posted at 30 minutes but it was actually 20. It was almost time to park hop but not quite yet so I hopped on Figment and man that ride is so stupid oh my heck 😂

At that point I took the monorail to MK and when I got in it was time to book another LL. Thunder was sold out but I got lucky and right when I was gonna book Space I got Thunder instead (which I preferred because I did Space a couple times last week and since I’ve been to Disneyland 4 times in the last year it was a big disappointment) for about 3 hours later. Since I was basically just stacking LLs for later I decided I would just wait for something. Splash was still down so I figured I might as well wait in standby for Thunder and if I was over by Splash right when it came back up that would be great because that’s my favorite ride at MK. I waited about 45 minutes for Thunder, and Splash still wasn’t up but the wait for Pirates had randomly dropped to 35 so I did that and it ended up being about a half hour wait. When I got off it was time to redeem my Splash LL but it was still down so it converted to one of those bonus LLs which was valid on anything in MK except the meet and greets, Jungle Cruise, Peter Pan, Space, and 7 Dwarfs. I still wanted to use it on Splash though so I held off on using it and went to wait for Space. While doing that it was time to book another LL and my options weren’t great since I was gonna park hop to HS for my TOT LL. Space was out, Splash was too far ahead, and all the good stuff at HS was gone. But after refreshing for a few minutes I got Splash for 50 minutes later (which I could do because my LL from earlier had converted to that bonus pass). I think I got it so soon because they knew it was gonna open soon and released more LLs. Sure enough, after a couple more minutes it came up and I rushed over there to see if I could catch a short standby wait. Nope, the line built insanely fast. So I used the bonus LL I had gotten earlier to ride it. When I got off it was almost time to redeem my newer Splash LL so I hung around for a few minutes and then scanned in 5 minutes early. I could now book a new LL and since I would be heading over to HS I kept checking to see if Slinky, Mickey and Minnie’s, or Rock n Roller Coaster (especially that) would open up. It didn’t before I got on Splash mainly because service is bad over there. When I got off Splash it was almost time for Thunder so I hung around for a few minutes and scanned in 5 minutes early. While in line there a LL popped up for Rock n Roller Coaster and I would’ve gotten it but the app was being weird and even though it was 5:36, it said I couldn’t get a new one until 4:13… which had already passed… I got a screenshot of that that I could show guest services at HS later if I wasn’t able to get Rock n Roller Coaster. But after a few minutes I found that I was able to reserve LLs again (I started to get one for the Frozen show to make sure it would let me). After I got off Thunder and was heading out of the park, Rock n Roller Coaster popped back up and I was able to get it.

I got on the bus to Hollywood Studios and got there pretty fast actually. Then I went and redeemed my Tower of Terror LL and then did Rock n Roller Coaster single rider to see how long it would be compared to standby, which I did last week. When I did standby last week the posted wait was 65 but I ended up waiting half that. Then yesterday when I did single rider I waited 50 minutes while the standby line only looked a little longer than it was when I did it last week. So moral of the story is standby is most likely faster but it depends on how backed up single rider is.

At that point it was time to get a new LL. But it was an hour before park close so there were obviously not many options! I got Star Tours immediately and went and used it but it didn’t really do me any good because there was no line whatsoever. After that I headed back over to Rock n Roller Coaster and waited a few minutes until I could redeem my LL. I did that and then headed to Rise and got in line a few minutes before park close. It went PAINFULLY slow at first but a little after park close it started to go really fast. I think that’s because there’s no LL after park close to significantly slow down standby.

So yesterday was a great day! Even though I didn’t start reserving LLs until 10, I got Tower of Terror, Thunder, Splash twice (due to it breaking down the first time), Rock n Roller Coaster, and Star Tours (which was useless).

On the bus home last night I got lucky and was able to get a reservation for Epcot today which meant that this morning I could start booking LLs at 7. I got to bed a little after midnight last night so I went ahead and bought genie+ and pinned Frozen to my tip board in case there were any issues with my genie day in the morning (sometimes it doesn’t like loading on my app). So I set an alarm for 6:50, set my watch to align exactly with time.gov, and right at 7:00:00 I refreshed and tapped through as fast as I could and got Frozen for 8:45!

I then got ready for the day and was at the IG entrance around 8:00 (normal park open was at 8:30 with EE at 8:00) hoping to do Ratatouille first. I figured the wait wouldn’t be short but at least shorter than it would be later in the day if I was able to beat all the non-resort crowds to the ride. Well I was wrong! I was able to scan into the park during EE but I had to sit on a bench until a couple minutes before official opening (hardly any non-resort guests come in on that side). I was able during that time to get a LL for FOP for 2:40 by refreshing a few times. Anyway by the time I was able to get in line for Ratatouille the posted wait was 105 minutes and was stretching all along the bridge heading toward the IG entrance… that was way too long especially since I had a Frozen LL to use and I figured it would get much shorter later. So instead I headed to Soarin’ and got right on and then went and used my Frozen LL. After scanning in I reserved Tower of Terror for 5:30. After Frozen I got a very tasty chocolate chip cookie from that pastry place in Norway whatever it’s called lol 😂

Then I went to Test Track and got on very quickly with single rider. At this point Ratatouille had dropped to 85 minutes and I can’t explain it but I just had this feeling it was time to head over there 😂. When I got there the posted wait was 80 minutes but it ended up only being a little less than an hour. I also refreshed over and over and over and got a LL for it to use a little later. After getting off it was time to reserve another LL and while Mickey and Minnie’s was gone, I kept refreshing and got one for the evening (when I was planning on being there). When I got off I went to Soarin’ and it was posted at 40 but I waited less than half an hour. Then I ate at Sunshine Seasons and went back to Ratatouille for my LL (so there was a LOT of walking to/from Ratatouille today lol). After that I did Mission Space orange which took unusually long but I was still only about 40 minutes (it took longer because LL got backed up). While in line it was time to reserve another LL and after refreshing a bit I got Dinosaur for shortly after park hopping started (it was about 1:30 at this point). After doing Mission Space I did Test Track single rider really fast and then headed to Animal Kingdom. I had to wait a little bit for the bus but it could’ve been worse.

Once I got into AK I went straight to Dinosaur and used my LL. Right when I got in line it broke for like 15 minutes which kinda defeated the purpose of the LL since standby was only 20 minutes but oh well 😂. But one good thing came from that which is that during that time I was able to get a LL for Rock n Roller Coaster at the end of the day even though it was gone. After I got off Dinosaur I headed to FOP and used my LL. Then I got right back in the standby line which was posted at 75 minutes but I only waited about an hour (from the time I got in line until I sat down on the ride). When I got off I refreshed a bit and was able to reserve Toy Story Mania for 40 minutes later which was great.

Then I headed to Hollywood Studios and caught the bus right as it was about to leave so I got there very fast! I headed to Tower of Terror and used my LL which was kind of backed up so I waited half an hour. Still WAY better than the 2+ hours everyone in standby was waiting due to the half capacity! Then I went to Toy Story Mania and used my LL and since it broke down for a few minutes it also ended up being about a half hour lol. I tried for the next hour and a half to get a LL for Falcon or Slinky while in any lines, walking, etc but no luck. Those hadn’t been a priority earlier because since I think Slinky is ridiculously overrated, I would rather have my LLs be for other things but since I was gonna be at HS until closing I might as well try for it. I also could’ve done Falcon single rider (which I’ve done countless times at Disneyland) but I figured a LL would be nice to ask to be engineer. In that hour and a half of checking, Slinky never came up and Falcon came up once but someone else grabbed it before I could.

Anyway after Toy Story I used my LL for Mickey and Minnie’s and then went over to Star Tours and booked an immediate one there that, like last night, I didn’t need because there was no line. After that I used my LL at Rock n Roller Coaster. At that point there was about half an hour left of park hours and I wanted to be sure to finish at Rise so I got a jack jack num num and wandered through Toy Story Land and Galaxy’s Edge to take it all in and then got in line for Rise around 8:45. It was posted at 120 minutes but it moved very fast and I was sitting down on the ride in 45.

So moral of the story? If you combine genie+, ILLs, standby lines, and single rider lines right you can really accomplish a lot and have an amazing time! Don’t expect that you’ll walk onto every ride because you spent $15 on genie+, but know you will definitely get to do some great rides!

The problem I found is it’s been impossible to get one earlier LL and another early LL and another etc. Everything doesn’t fall into a neat sequence like that esp on crowded days and double especially for popular rides.

It’s great they have that option. Just wasn’t a available at all for us. It’s more like one popular ride in the morning and the next popular ride is already into the afternoon. If you don’t grab that LL then that popular ride sells out and it’s gone.

And I started at 7 AM as I was on site.

As I stated in another post - many are talking about this strategy, but it would be nice to suss out the percentage that it actually works for in reality. I might create a survey on a seperate thread just to get and give some clarity

Yup, I am here now and found the exact same thing. Looking to see what was available before my next pass and either it is nothing, or nothing that is worth it, i.e something with no wait anyway.

In addition the changing times while clicking through is really terrible. Yesterday I tried to pay for Remy, right at 7. Had two errors before finally being able to get to the purchase screen. All my stuff is loaded and saved but when I went to pay it said my time was already gone. Typical Disney IT. Most systems like this would hold your spot while you check out. Fortunately we got lucky and some slots opened up around 745 am. Honestly, yesterday at Epcot without Genie+ was the least stressful day so far, except seeing how many people they let through the ll on SE which made the standby line even slower.

Going to DHS today and going to try stacking for the evening, but overall this is just a terrible system and feels like a money grab by Disney. I would have paid more just to keep the old system, and I should add that for the most part I hated the idea of making FP so far in advance. Hopefully they make changes, besides increasing the price which will probably happen at some point.

Lol this system is so bad. Clicked on rise for 1115 which would have worked perfectly for our mid day break. The next screen tells me to come back at 1:40. So infuriating.

Last edited:
I had a great day with genie+ and ILLs yesterday and today! I’d heard a lot of people in Facebook groups, etc talking about how it was a complete waste of money but my experience has been that while the system is MUCH better at Disneyland, if you do it right that money is worth it (of course I’m only paying for myself).

I’m in the DCP and I’ve been here for a couple weeks but I didn’t get my park pass until last week and then I didn’t feel it would be worth buying genie+ when I was just going before or after work and then the one day I had off last week, CMs were blocked out of all the parks except Epcot where I don’t feel like it’s worth it all by itself. I did manage last Thursday to do Mickey and Minnie’s and Space LLs (which are obviously part of genie+ now). Anyway I just finished training for my job which means I have a few days off which means I’m getting a lot more park time for genie+ to be worth it.

So yesterday I wasn’t able to start stacking LLs until about 10. This is because reservations, especially for cast members, are very limited right now (apparently more than normal) and I’ve found that I’m always able to get a reservation to Epcot after refreshing for a few minutes day of (I haven’t had luck with the other parks) but it’s not as easy before that. So I was unable to get a reservation ahead of time and I woke up around 6:30 and refreshed and refreshed trying to get a reservation in time for 7 but I wasn’t able to. So I went back to bed and woke up around 10, when I was able to get a reservation for Epcot after refreshing for a couple minutes and I reserved Tower of Terror for 5:55.

Then I got ready and headed to Epcot which I got to around 12. I did Test Track single rider which would’ve taken around 15 minutes but it was a little longer since it broke down for a few minutes. While I was in line it was time to get another LL so I reserved Splash for 4 hours later (it was broken down btw so the return time may have normally been sooner because it would’ve been running or it would’ve been farther away when people saw how long the line was). After Test Track I did Soarin’ which was posted at 30 minutes but it was actually 20. It was almost time to park hop but not quite yet so I hopped on Figment and man that ride is so stupid oh my heck 😂

At that point I took the monorail to MK and when I got in it was time to book another LL. Thunder was sold out but I got lucky and right when I was gonna book Space I got Thunder instead (which I preferred because I did Space a couple times last week and since I’ve been to Disneyland 4 times in the last year it was a big disappointment) for about 3 hours later. Since I was basically just stacking LLs for later I decided I would just wait for something. Splash was still down so I figured I might as well wait in standby for Thunder and if I was over by Splash right when it came back up that would be great because that’s my favorite ride at MK. I waited about 45 minutes for Thunder, and Splash still wasn’t up but the wait for Pirates had randomly dropped to 35 so I did that and it ended up being about a half hour wait. When I got off it was time to redeem my Splash LL but it was still down so it converted to one of those bonus LLs which was valid on anything in MK except the meet and greets, Jungle Cruise, Peter Pan, Space, and 7 Dwarfs. I still wanted to use it on Splash though so I held off on using it and went to wait for Space. While doing that it was time to book another LL and my options weren’t great since I was gonna park hop to HS for my TOT LL. Space was out, Splash was too far ahead, and all the good stuff at HS was gone. But after refreshing for a few minutes I got Splash for 50 minutes later (which I could do because my LL from earlier had converted to that bonus pass). I think I got it so soon because they knew it was gonna open soon and released more LLs. Sure enough, after a couple more minutes it came up and I rushed over there to see if I could catch a short standby wait. Nope, the line built insanely fast. So I used the bonus LL I had gotten earlier to ride it. When I got off it was almost time to redeem my newer Splash LL so I hung around for a few minutes and then scanned in 5 minutes early. I could now book a new LL and since I would be heading over to HS I kept checking to see if Slinky, Mickey and Minnie’s, or Rock n Roller Coaster (especially that) would open up. It didn’t before I got on Splash mainly because service is bad over there. When I got off Splash it was almost time for Thunder so I hung around for a few minutes and scanned in 5 minutes early. While in line there a LL popped up for Rock n Roller Coaster and I would’ve gotten it but the app was being weird and even though it was 5:36, it said I couldn’t get a new one until 4:13… which had already passed… I got a screenshot of that that I could show guest services at HS later if I wasn’t able to get Rock n Roller Coaster. But after a few minutes I found that I was able to reserve LLs again (I started to get one for the Frozen show to make sure it would let me). After I got off Thunder and was heading out of the park, Rock n Roller Coaster popped back up and I was able to get it.

I got on the bus to Hollywood Studios and got there pretty fast actually. Then I went and redeemed my Tower of Terror LL and then did Rock n Roller Coaster single rider to see how long it would be compared to standby, which I did last week. When I did standby last week the posted wait was 65 but I ended up waiting half that. Then yesterday when I did single rider I waited 50 minutes while the standby line only looked a little longer than it was when I did it last week. So moral of the story is standby is most likely faster but it depends on how backed up single rider is.

At that point it was time to get a new LL. But it was an hour before park close so there were obviously not many options! I got Star Tours immediately and went and used it but it didn’t really do me any good because there was no line whatsoever. After that I headed back over to Rock n Roller Coaster and waited a few minutes until I could redeem my LL. I did that and then headed to Rise and got in line a few minutes before park close. It went PAINFULLY slow at first but a little after park close it started to go really fast. I think that’s because there’s no LL after park close to significantly slow down standby.

So yesterday was a great day! Even though I didn’t start reserving LLs until 10, I got Tower of Terror, Thunder, Splash twice (due to it breaking down the first time), Rock n Roller Coaster, and Star Tours (which was useless).

On the bus home last night I got lucky and was able to get a reservation for Epcot today which meant that this morning I could start booking LLs at 7. I got to bed a little after midnight last night so I went ahead and bought genie+ and pinned Frozen to my tip board in case there were any issues with my genie day in the morning (sometimes it doesn’t like loading on my app). So I set an alarm for 6:50, set my watch to align exactly with time.gov, and right at 7:00:00 I refreshed and tapped through as fast as I could and got Frozen for 8:45!

I then got ready for the day and was at the IG entrance around 8:00 (normal park open was at 8:30 with EE at 8:00) hoping to do Ratatouille first. I figured the wait wouldn’t be short but at least shorter than it would be later in the day if I was able to beat all the non-resort crowds to the ride. Well I was wrong! I was able to scan into the park during EE but I had to sit on a bench until a couple minutes before official opening (hardly any non-resort guests come in on that side). I was able during that time to get a LL for FOP for 2:40 by refreshing a few times. Anyway by the time I was able to get in line for Ratatouille the posted wait was 105 minutes and was stretching all along the bridge heading toward the IG entrance… that was way too long especially since I had a Frozen LL to use and I figured it would get much shorter later. So instead I headed to Soarin’ and got right on and then went and used my Frozen LL. After scanning in I reserved Tower of Terror for 5:30. After Frozen I got a very tasty chocolate chip cookie from that pastry place in Norway whatever it’s called lol 😂

Then I went to Test Track and got on very quickly with single rider. At this point Ratatouille had dropped to 85 minutes and I can’t explain it but I just had this feeling it was time to head over there 😂. When I got there the posted wait was 80 minutes but it ended up only being a little less than an hour. I also refreshed over and over and over and got a LL for it to use a little later. After getting off it was time to reserve another LL and while Mickey and Minnie’s was gone, I kept refreshing and got one for the evening (when I was planning on being there). When I got off I went to Soarin’ and it was posted at 40 but I waited less than half an hour. Then I ate at Sunshine Seasons and went back to Ratatouille for my LL (so there was a LOT of walking to/from Ratatouille today lol). After that I did Mission Space orange which took unusually long but I was still only about 40 minutes (it took longer because LL got backed up). While in line it was time to reserve another LL and after refreshing a bit I got Dinosaur for shortly after park hopping started (it was about 1:30 at this point). After doing Mission Space I did Test Track single rider really fast and then headed to Animal Kingdom. I had to wait a little bit for the bus but it could’ve been worse.

Once I got into AK I went straight to Dinosaur and used my LL. Right when I got in line it broke for like 15 minutes which kinda defeated the purpose of the LL since standby was only 20 minutes but oh well 😂. But one good thing came from that which is that during that time I was able to get a LL for Rock n Roller Coaster at the end of the day even though it was gone. After I got off Dinosaur I headed to FOP and used my LL. Then I got right back in the standby line which was posted at 75 minutes but I only waited about an hour (from the time I got in line until I sat down on the ride). When I got off I refreshed a bit and was able to reserve Toy Story Mania for 40 minutes later which was great.

Then I headed to Hollywood Studios and caught the bus right as it was about to leave so I got there very fast! I headed to Tower of Terror and used my LL which was kind of backed up so I waited half an hour. Still WAY better than the 2+ hours everyone in standby was waiting due to the half capacity! Then I went to Toy Story Mania and used my LL and since it broke down for a few minutes it also ended up being about a half hour lol. I tried for the next hour and a half to get a LL for Falcon or Slinky while in any lines, walking, etc but no luck. Those hadn’t been a priority earlier because since I think Slinky is ridiculously overrated, I would rather have my LLs be for other things but since I was gonna be at HS until closing I might as well try for it. I also could’ve done Falcon single rider (which I’ve done countless times at Disneyland) but I figured a LL would be nice to ask to be engineer. In that hour and a half of checking, Slinky never came up and Falcon came up once but someone else grabbed it before I could.

Anyway after Toy Story I used my LL for Mickey and Minnie’s and then went over to Star Tours and booked an immediate one there that, like last night, I didn’t need because there was no line. After that I used my LL at Rock n Roller Coaster. At that point there was about half an hour left of park hours and I wanted to be sure to finish at Rise so I got a jack jack num num and wandered through Toy Story Land and Galaxy’s Edge to take it all in and then got in line for Rise around 8:45. It was posted at 120 minutes but it moved very fast and I was sitting down on the ride in 45.

So moral of the story? If you combine genie+, ILLs, standby lines, and single rider lines right you can really accomplish a lot and have an amazing time! Don’t expect that you’ll walk onto every ride because you spent $15 on genie+, but know you will definitely get to do some great rides!

So CMs are able to book LL at 7 am? That kind of surprises me.

Last edited:
Ah, my mistake, for some reason I thought off-site guests had to wait to make those as well. I really can't keep anything straight with this thing.
I struggled with that too so finally made myself think of one attraction and that has helped me. Many off-site guests are locked out of purchasing an ILL$ for RotR so I remember that which means ILL$ are only for onsite at 7AM which means G+ is for all.

Not sure that will help anyone else but the tip I use to help me keep 7AM drops straight.

Just read from The Budget Mouse that additional rides have been added to Genie+ as of today. Supposedly it now includes Space Mtn, Frozen Ever After, M&M Runaway Railway and Everest which had been ILL attractions previously. That's good news, right?!?!

Fingers crossed that it helps our chances of getting on these rides for our trip in May!

Just read from The Budget Mouse that additional rides have been added to Genie+ as of today. Supposedly it now includes Space Mtn, Frozen Ever After, M&M Runaway Railway and Everest which had been ILL attractions previously. That's good news, right?!?!

Fingers crossed that it helps our chances of getting on these rides for our trip in May!
These changes all took place earlier in the week. The publication is unfortunately sharing the information later than many other sources.

Good grief, Charlie Brown!

It is difficult for me to figure this out, even with the explanations. It would be so much easier if they could just have one price to get into the park and then everyone just stands in the same lines.

Why does it have to be so complicated?

It is difficult for me to figure this out, even with the explanations. It would be so much easier if they could just have one price to get into the park and then everyone just stands in the same lines.

Because Disney is trying to address guest complaints that goes back decades about long wait times for lines. They also need to offer similar things that other theme parks offer.

As for whether it can be easier, that is a hard one as everyone has a different definition of easy.

What exactly are you confused about? (I’m genuinely curious because it’s always made perfect sense to me)

They had that for about 18 months after reopening. It was about a 50/50 split on the boards of people who loved it and people who were begging for FP+ to return. Instead we got G+ and ILL$ as it was the perfect time for Disney to introduced a paid upgrade system that had been rumoured and chatted about for years.

I didn't visit when it was all standby only so cannot really comment. The closest i get is rides at the end of a day when there are no LL return times and I will say, the lines do move really well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter