Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

Mainly because Thanksgiving was a disaster for G+. I'd like to think they'll do the same thing for other holidays/busy times, but even with the massive crowds reported during February, it hasn't changed.
Did it help when they moved those to Genie +? And in what way did it help? Just curious, since it seems this will affect my July trip.

Did it help when they moved those to Genie +? And in what way did it help? Just curious, since it seems this will affect my July trip.
Christmas time was interesting for Genie+ as each park not only added those ILL$ to Genie+, but most parks also brought in one additional item that had a Genie+ pass available, which was kind of unique.

Magic Kingdom had the Christmas parade. With the Festival of Fantasy Parade returning, that pass may be available again.

Animal Kingdom had the Kali River Rapids ride reopen. That was closed for refurbishment since early November, so wasn't available during the Thanksgiving crush.

Hollywood Studios had the return of Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular.

Epcot I don't think had anything additional.

In my opinion, having extra rides definitely helped as there's more rides for people to spread out to. More availability is always a good thing. Plus you spend less money on ILL$ if you're wanting to ride the rides they moved down. We did 2 of those and 3 of the 4 remaining ILL$.

Yes, you still see things sell out throughout the day, but could still find something available later if you wanted a line to skip

Christmas time was interesting for Genie+ as each park not only added those ILL$ to Genie+, but most parks also brought in one additional item that had a Genie+ pass available, which was kind of unique.

Magic Kingdom had the Christmas parade. With the Festival of Fantasy Parade returning, that pass may be available again.

Animal Kingdom had the Kali River Rapids ride reopen. That was closed for refurbishment since early November, so wasn't available during the Thanksgiving crush.

Hollywood Studios had the return of Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular.

Epcot I don't think had anything additional.

In my opinion, having extra rides definitely helped as there's more rides for people to spread out to. More availability is always a good thing. Plus you spend less money on ILL$ if you're wanting to ride the rides they moved down. We did 2 of those and 3 of the 4 remaining ILL$.

Yes, you still see things sell out throughout the day, but could still find something available later if you wanted a line to skip
Anyone who was there then, was it then hard to ride both SDD and MMRR, without waiting in standby? I know SDD is always gone immediately, did MMRR go before 2 hours after open also, since it was now included?

Anyone who was there then, was it then hard to ride both SDD and MMRR, without waiting in standby? I know SDD is always gone immediately, did MMRR go before 2 hours after open also, since it was now included?
I was able to get G+ LL's for both SDD and MMRR over the holidays when MMRR was G+. Booked SDD at 7AM-ish for 6PM return and then MMRR as my 2nd pick for about ~4:30PM return.

Let’s say I get a lightning lane for Pirates at 12:00. How long past 12:00 do I have to try and get there? 5 minutes? 15? Thanks so much!

Question regarding the AP Genie+ issue when other guests have Genie+ already added to their tickets….does this happen when those that already have Genie+ are included in your party (like you manage their plans in your MDE) or also if you are “linked” in your Friends/Family list?
My parents have tickets with Genie+ added but have their own MDE account. If we have AP’s and we were going to link to them, does that cause the issue with us purchasing Genie+ day of?

Question regarding the AP Genie+ issue when other guests have Genie+ already added to their tickets….does this happen when those that already have Genie+ are included in your party (like you manage their plans in your MDE) or also if you are “linked” in your Friends/Family list?
My parents have tickets with Genie+ added but have their own MDE account. If we have AP’s and we were going to link to them, does that cause the issue with us purchasing Genie+ day of?
that is EXACTLY our situation - I am the main organizer and on my MDE account I have my DH and my cousin and her 6 day ticket with Genie+ and then DH and I have APs....

which means we have "mixed tickets" on my account. I saw a comment yesterday where someone stated that they have the same situation of mixed tickets and were going to try to add Genie+ to the APs holders on an MDE that is not associated with anyone else's tickets. Last night I logged into DH's MDE account and the only thing I see are our APs and our park reservations and my cousin's name is only on the resort and dining reservations.

We leave next Saturday and Im going to try out this theory and log into DH's MDE account on my tablet (thru the website and IT told me once that going thru the website might be easier on APs buying Genie+) and see if I can buy our Genie+ there..

and I'll report back!

has anyone else tried this who has mixed tickets on their AP holders MDE account?

We are park hoppers, and we will likely ride standby in our first park while building a stack of LLs to use in the evening at our second park.

For the sake of my question, let's assume we go to Epcot first and hop to Hollywood Studios.

Will we get to make our second LL choice (for something at HS) at 12 pm (based on a 10 am Epcot opening) or 11 am (based on a 9 am HS opening)?

We are park hoppers, and we will likely ride standby in our first park while building a stack of LLs to use in the evening at our second park.

For the sake of my question, let's assume we go to Epcot first and hop to Hollywood Studios.

Will we get to make our second LL choice (for something at HS) at 12 pm (based on a 10 am Epcot opening) or 11 am (based on a 9 am HS opening)?
11 am based on the HS opening

Was looking for an answer on this as well…. haven’t gotten a reply yet. My gut would say the mixed ticket issue would only apply to the people on your MDE, not people you linked up with via family and friends. But this is Disney IT so who knows…

Our family of 4 is on one MDE account and we have annual passes. The 2 other families we were going to link with each have their own MDE accounts and purchased day tickets with genie+ upfront. From what I’ve read it seems like the glitch happens when the people on your MDE have different ticket types.

11 am based on the HS opening
I think we need to verify this. In my head you're eligible to book a second LL 2 hours after the park you have a reservation for opens. I've asked one of the people who helped create this post to see if they know. I know it's in this thread somewhere but I wasn't able to locate it.

I'll add to page 1 once we verify

I think we need to verify this. In my head you're eligible to book a second LL 2 hours after the park you have a reservation for opens. I've asked one of the people who helped create this post to see if they know. I know it's in this thread somewhere but I wasn't able to locate it.

Verification would be good :) I am not answering from my own experience but I asked this same question to someone who did this last month. I just don't know where the post is either!

Edited: Here is the post I was referring to

Last edited:

Verification would be good :) I am not answering from my own experience but I asked this same question to someone who did this last month. I just don't know where the post is either!

Glad I'm not the only one confused! I think its an important nuance. If it's based on park you have booked, this would tell you that going to Animal Kingdom in the morning (with an 8 am opening) gives you an advantage on building an afternoon stack in another park. Similarly, going to Epcot in the morning (with a 10 am opening) is a disadvantage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter