Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

Hello everyone. Sorry if this question has already been asked but I can't find the answer.

If a park opens at 7:30 a.m. (with ETPE at 7:00 a.m.), or 8:30 a.m. (with ETPE at 8:00 a.m.), does the Genie+ and ILL$ selections will still be available to resort guests at 7:00? Or before? And what about non-resort guests?

Also, in the case of these park hours, the second Genie+ selection will be available at 9:30 or 10:30, am I correct?

Thank you for your help.
The summary posts on page 1 of this thread have a lot of valuable information that will answer your questions and more.

Yes, 7AM is always the drop for LL for both onsite and offsite guests who have purchased G+.

Yes, 7AM is always the drop time for ILL$ for onsite guests. Offsite guests may purchase at park opening so this time fluctuates.

There is no guarantee that ILL$ will still be available for offsite guests to purchase when their window opens.

When a guest is eligible to select a second LL will vary by scenario as to when they select/use their first LL. Please read the Genie+ plus post on page 1 as it explains the different scenarios.

Last edited:
(407) WDW-PASS or (407) 939-7277 . They are open starting at 6am Eastern Time, took us 5-10 minutes each morning to call and have them purchase it for us.
I thought the # we needed to call to have Genie+ added to APs when we have someone in our party who does have Genie+ already is: 407-939-4357??

So you called Disney IT and they added Genie+ for you or did I miss understand something??

:faint:

I thought the # we needed to call to have Genie+ added to APs when we have someone in our party who does have Genie+ already is: 407-939-4357??

So you called Disney IT and they added Genie+ for you or did I miss understand something??

:faint:
AND I just tried calling the 407-939-7277 and that's the AP line - but once I got through the introduction part it states "what do you need help with today" - so what do I ask for to add Genie+ to my APs before 7am??

lord..this is SUCH the mess!

Just making sure I understand correctly: Since my brother's family is staying offsite, when I go to book ILL$ for our DHS day (we are onsite), I won't be able to book for them at 7 am, even though they have park reservations and are in my Friends & Family list, correct? I get it but it stinks that we won't be able to do Rise together without waiting in line....

Do you mean guests who purchased Genie+, rather than ETPE?
Thank you. Yes, you're correct. I fixed my post. Thanks for catching this.
Just making sure I understand correctly: Since my brother's family is staying offsite, when I go to book ILL$ for our DHS day (we are onsite), I won't be able to book for them at 7 am, even though they have park reservations and are in my Friends & Family list, correct? I get it but it stinks that we won't be able to do Rise together without waiting in line....
You are correct that you will not be able to purchase ILL$ for them at 7AM.

I'm debating on whether I should buy Genie+ for our arrival day since we will probably arrive to BLT around 3:30 or so. We will be there the Monday after Easter and it is also school vacation week in the Northeast so I'm sure it will be busy. Our plan is to walk over to MK once we get our stuff settled and we have a 2 year old with us. Currently, we have a Crystal Palace ADR at 5:30 for dinner and I'm not sure if it would be worth it to try to pull times to stack for the evening to ride. If I've read correctly, we're only allowed to stack 3 rides at one time right?

I'm debating on whether I should buy Genie+ for our arrival day since we will probably arrive to BLT around 3:30 or so. We will be there the Monday after Easter and it is also school vacation week in the Northeast so I'm sure it will be busy. Our plan is to walk over to MK once we get our stuff settled and we have a 2 year old with us. Currently, we have a Crystal Palace ADR at 5:30 for dinner and I'm not sure if it would be worth it to try to pull times to stack for the evening to ride. If I've read correctly, we're only allowed to stack 3 rides at one time right?
You may stack as many as you're able to but you want to ensure you have enough time to use them. E.g. I stacked 3 at DHS for 2:35, 2:50 and 2:55 and was able to ride all 3 between opening of first at 2:35 and end of last at 3:55.

Personally we liked the ability to stack. It made for quieter mornings and less time waiting in lines once we arrived. I think MK is a park where you could use stacking to your advantage, especially on a day like Easter Monday.

Last edited:
I was trying to download the My Disney Experience app on my Android phone this evening. Does anyone know why it would say, "Your device is not compatible."? It was the Android version.

I was trying to download the My Disney Experience app on my Android phone this evening. Does anyone know why it would say, "Your device is not compatible."? It was the Android version.

You probably need to update your phone. If that doesn’t work, call Disney IT. Phone number should be listed on the phone number pinned thread.

I am doing a split stay, with the first two nights at the Polynesian, followed by three nights off site. With my two nights at the polynesian, I have booked a 5-day ticket. My question then becomes which days will I be able to book ILL's at 7am? I assume I would be able to do this on check in day, and then the second day, but what about my check out day?

Also, any chance the 5 day ticket that goes with my two night stay package still provides that ability? Since I couldn't book dining reservations I am pretty sure that is a no.

I haven't seen anyone discuss which days qualify as staying at a Disney hotel so just looking for some clarification here.

Ok so I bought g+ for myself, but somehow did not pick it up for my dh at the same time. We have 6 day tickets. When I go to purchase for him, it's pricing at $110. I thought it was $15 p/d. Did the price increase and I just can't find record of that? Or do I "get" to call and add over the phone...

I am doing a split stay, with the first two nights at the Polynesian, followed by three nights off site. With my two nights at the polynesian, I have booked a 5-day ticket. My question then becomes which days will I be able to book ILL's at 7am? I assume I would be able to do this on check in day, and then the second day, but what about my check out day?

Also, any chance the 5 day ticket that goes with my two night stay package still provides that ability? Since I couldn't book dining reservations I am pretty sure that is a no.

I haven't seen anyone discuss which days qualify as staying at a Disney hotel so just looking for some clarification here.

You are eligible to purchase ILL$ at 7AM from check-in through check-out day. You will not be eligible to purchase ILL$ on days where you are not a guest at a Disney resort.

Ok so I bought g+ for myself, but somehow did not pick it up for my dh at the same time. We have 6 day tickets. When I go to purchase for him, it's pricing at $110. I thought it was $15 p/d. Did the price increase and I just can't find record of that? Or do I "get" to call and add over the phone...
It almost appears that he has a 7 day ticket as it's pricing it out for 7 days plus tax. It appears you may need to call to have this resolved.

If you bought the tickets prior to the recent ticket price increase, then it is charging you for that price increase in addition to charging the $15+tax per day for genie+. The reason for this is that it is a ticket modification and not an add on. Any time tickets are modified, you get charged the new, higher price.

Last edited:
If you bought the tickets prior to the recent ticket price increase, then it is charging you for that price increase in addition to charging the $15+tax per day for genie+. The reason for this is that it is a ticket modification and not an add on. Any time tickets are modified, you get charged the new, higher price.
Well phooey. That makes sense, but annoying.

Well phooey. That makes sense, but annoying.
Sorry but it doesn't make sense to me. I cashed out paying $x.xx for my tickets and gave them my money. Done. They have my money and I have my ticket. If I now want to add G+ to a day of my ticket which is $15/day, why should I also need to pay more for the ticket I already purchased in full?

Has anyone tried to add Genie+ to one day of their ticket since the price of tickets increased? Did you have to pay the $15 plus the new cost of that ticket or, is this only happening when guests are trying to add Genie+ to length of stay tickets that have not been used yet?

Sorry but it doesn't make sense to me. I cashed out paying $x.xx for my tickets and gave them my money. Done. They have my money and I have my ticket. If I now want to add G+ to a day of my ticket which is $15/day, why should I also need to pay more for the ticket I already purchased in full?

Has anyone tried to add Genie+ to one day of their ticket since the price of tickets increased? Did you have to pay the $15 plus the new cost of that ticket or, is this only happening when guests are trying to add Genie+ to length of stay tickets that have not been used yet?
When you add Genie+ to length of stay tickets in advance of use, it’s considered a ticket upgrade, exchanging one ticket for another, like upgrading from base tickets to hoppers. When you add Genie+ one day at a time on day of use, it’s considered an add-on.

When you add Genie+ to length of stay tickets in advance of use, it’s considered a ticket upgrade, exchanging one ticket for another, like upgrading from base tickets to hoppers. When you add Genie+ one day at a time on day of use, it’s considered an add-on.
Thank you. Has this been confirmed since ticket prices increased last week? This is the first time we've had a ticket price increase since Genie+ was introduced and people are reporting various scenarios. Just trying to find out for sure so we can keep posts on page 1 updated and current.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter