Early Super Bowl Talk

Browns fans know not to get their hopes up, not to count on a win until the clock runs out. I lived through the Cardiac Kids, the Drive, the Fumble, Bernie Kosar, etc etc etc. Just gonna watch with feigned mild interest.

Tampa-Bay-Buccaneers-symbol.jpg

I just really hope this year that the long suffering fans of either Detroit or Cleveland will have a Super Bowl victory to celebrate. I’m slightly more partial towards the Lions but I will also happily root for the Browns should they be in the big game. But not Kansas City - please not Kansas City!

The thing is this year, there isn't a single team where we can say this is their Title to lose. Realistically speaking, we're looking at the Ravens Bills or Chiefs in the AFC. I'd be surprised, but not shocked if it was anyone other than one of those three. The Dolphins are banged up, The Texans, Steelers, and Browns just don't look quite up to the top 3.

In the NFC, if the Niners falter, it could be anyone really. The Eagles were flying high until that Niners game and they've played like crap since. Still, they are dangerous and capable. The Cowboys always choke. But they have the talent at least not to. They are lights out at home this year, approaching mediocrity on the road. The Rams look Dangerous, Detroit is no slouch and Tampa and Green Bay could surprise.

If you like Underdogs than Mr. Irrelevant winning a Superbowl would be a story for you. Yes, it has happened before. But that was a kicker. This would be a QB. Ironic too given the guy the Niners traded away 3 first rounders to draft already is a bust.

Then again, with all the people jealous of Taylor Swift, the Chiefs making it might be fun too.

The #1 seeds do have an advantage with the bye to get healed up and they get the lowest surviving seed from the first round.

Cleveland here and it is so nice having Flacco instead of our sexual assault serial offender at QB. I can never root for Watson but am loving Flacco and the vibe the whole team has.

That being said I can't see anyone beating Baltimore and my prediction is Baltimore over Detroit for the SB. I'd love to be wrong, and we did beat them once, but I'm trying to be realistic. If we can see a Browns v. Lions SB and know we will have a new first time winner that would be my dream scenario.

As a KC metro area resident, this is something I thought I'd ever hear. I love that we have been in a position to have this apply.
Right? If you’d told me 20 years ago we’d be considered a dominating team to cheer against I would have eaten a bug. As it is I’m pulling out my ski gear and wondering if I’ll still have all 10 toes and fingers after standing out there tonight.

If you’re curious. The last time the 14 teams in this year’s playoffs have won a championship.

Kansas City Chiefs. 2023
Los Angeles Rams. 2022
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 2021
Philadelphia Eagles 2018
Baltimore Ravens 2013
Green Bay Packers 2011
Pittsburgh Steelers 2009
Dallas Cowboys 1996
San Francisco 49ers 1995
Miami Dolphins 1974

Pre Super Bowl Era
Cleveland Browns. 1964
Detroit Lions 1957

Buffalo Bills-never, last appearance in Super Bowl 1994
Houston Texans-never, and never appeared in Super Bowl

The Browns and Lions never had SB appearances either.

Last edited:
I’m curious how many actual butts-in-seats will be at Arrowhead in KC tonight due to such low temperatures and wind chill.

A quick perusal at StubHub at 2pm Eastern showed hundreds of available seats starting at $36.

Will Taylor be there in a nice heated suite?

Buffalo Bills postponed their Sunday game until Monday.

Last edited:
I'll be looking for Taylor, but the temps are chilly. The temp is -4 and the real feel is -23. I like my football, but I don't think even I would sit out in this weather.
NBC showed Taylor arriving at Arrowhead Stadium (toward the end of the Houston/Cleveland game.) She was quite bundled up in her Chiefs coat and the commentators were quick to point out that she was headed for a heated suite.

I’m curious how many actual butts-in-seats will be at Arrowhead in KC tonight due to such low temperatures and wind chill.

A quick perusal at StubHub at 2pm Eastern showed hundreds of available seats starting at $36.

Will Taylor be there in a nice heated suite?

Buffalo Bills postponed their Sunday game until Monday.

It was pretty packed at kickoff, at the half you could notice more empty seats in the upper decks, by the end of the 3rd it was a real exodus. We stayed till the bitter bitter end but we were layered up like the kid in Christmas Story. They stopped selling beer in the first quarter when the keg lines froze and the guy next to me had an unopened can in his pocket that exploded. It was really for the best since alcohol at those temps would have been really dangerous.

Im exhausted now and can feel sore muscles from the cold.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter