DVC Ticket Offer

I am going to say no because the reservation is not on your membership,

However, if the owner of the points has a qualifying membership, and the deal doesn’t require the member to be traveling, then maybe,

They would have to call MS for you to find out...or, you can call and just ask if you book a trip for a friend during the time, would you be able to get them tickets if you are not traveling.

The thing is the owner you rented from may not want to have to make the call and deal with getting payment, etc. from you.

Thank you. I will call and also look at what the other authorized ticket places are doing.

We need 7 days, it doesn't work if you buy 5 days I am guessing?

Buy 4, get the 2 days added, and then upgrade for 1 extra day is how I assume it will work. I can't imagine Disney wouldn't let you upgrade the ticket but I could be wrong.

Buy 4, get the 2 days added, and then upgrade for 1 extra day is how I assume it will work. I can't imagine Disney wouldn't let you upgrade the ticket but I could be wrong.

There have been offers they haven't allowed it so I wouldn't say it's guaranteed.

Have I even read that normal tickets right now cannot be upgraded? If you haven't purchased the correct number of days you have to buy a completely new ticket or just skip it?

It may not be some fantastic deal, but it is the first time that DVC points reservations have been given the same deal as cash guests,

So, at least DVCM was able to get us included in having the deal and could be a sign that we will be eligible for future enhancements for blue card benefits.

That's true, something is definitely better than nothing. That's always another way to look at it. Here's to hoping this is a sign to better things to come for the blue card holders!!!

Great3

So looks like will be an adventure today. Called member services and initial response is they can’t apply for us since we already bought tickets. Calling the ticketing department now to see if get different response.

Any updates? I’m in the same boat. Thanks!

I have some similar questions as the PP on here. We're going in July for 9 days. Holding out hope that perhaps by then we'll have an AP back. However, we're bringing DS's GF with us, so she will need a ticket and wouldn't be eligible for the DVC AP. Sounds like we have time to figure it all out, but definitely curious to see if it is X number of days/get 2 free or set to buy 4/get 2. Also, obviously need to confirm that it goes by everyone on the reservation.

I don't see this as a truly much of a benefits, as I have always purchased my WDW tickets thru an authorized WDW ticket reseller, and pretty much get the same deal.

I don't know, it doesn't seem so sincere offer to me, just doesn't do justice to the blue card holders. Granted, I don't have blue card, so it doesn't matter to me, but I feel you all deserve a little bit better discounts!

Great3

It's pretty much like most other blue card holder benefits. It's great for advertising purposes ("look at all these exclusive benefits that are only available if you buy DIRECT from us!"), but only about 10% of direct members can take advantage/find useful at 10% of their time.

LAX

Any updates? I’m in the same boat. Thanks!
Sorry for delay didn’t get notification for this. I bounced around on phone and response so far was that it can’t be used for longer length tickets. If you have existing ticket of length 1 to 3 days I believe they said can upgrade to 4 days and apply promotion but can’t apply or modify for longer tickets already purchases. They also indicated the sale doesnt officially start until Jan5th and I should try calling again then as they may have more info.

It's pretty much like most other blue card holder benefits. It's great for advertising purposes ("look at all these exclusive benefits that are only available if you buy DIRECT from us!"), but only about 10% of direct members can take advantage/find useful at 10% of their time.

LAX

Eh its pretty easy to take advantage of the AP discounting by simply adjusting your stay by a single week each year and then getting AP every other year.

If you are not taking advantage of the AP discount you either are not going annually, have a very very strict schedule for travel, or just don't understand how it works because it will save most people money.

Most people going in January already had their tickets before the deal even came out. Then its basically the same deal you can get from Disney or a ticket reseller. So I wouldn't really even call this a direct benefit other than one variation of the discount terms has a blue card requirement.

Eh its pretty easy to take advantage of the AP discounting by simply adjusting your stay by a single week each year and then getting AP every other year.

If you are not taking advantage of the AP discount you either are not going annually, have a very very strict schedule for travel, or just don't understand how it works because it will save most people money.

Most people going in January already had their tickets before the deal even came out. Then its basically the same deal you can get from
Disney or a ticket reseller. So I wouldn't really even call this a direct benefit other than one variation of the discount terms has a blue card requirement.

Except, to get the ticket off from Disney, as a cash guest, it requires full price rooms, which DVC is not,

But, I agree that you can get tickets from other places as a DVC owner, if you are not a blue card holder, that will offer similar savings,

I will say that one thing that I realized with the pandemic, is that getting a refund or a change to a ticket is much easier when bought through Disney.

Sorry for delay didn’t get notification for this. I bounced around on phone and response so far was that it can’t be used for longer length tickets. If you have existing ticket of length 1 to 3 days I believe they said can upgrade to 4 days and apply promotion but can’t apply or modify for longer tickets already purchases. They also indicated the sale doesnt officially start until Jan5th and I should try calling again then as they may have more info.
Thank you!

Non Park Hopper park ticket beginning April 3rd (max $$$ time of year):
4 day - $524.35
6 day - $581.36
$57.01 savings

Is this how Disney responded to Universal's ticket deal?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter