DVC AP Questions

momoftwins

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
We are DVC members and need to get AP’s.

1. I checked MDE. It says my only option is an Incredi-pass! Eek, is that true or is there a number to call to get discounted DVC tickets?

2. If we buy a pass now, does the actual activation of the 12 months usage begin when we enter a park? If so, how far in advance can we buy the pass?

3. Are we still required to make park ressies?

Thanks all ! All of these rules and changes can make one’s head swim!!!

If you are DVC-Y (direct, 'blue card' holder), you can purchase the Sorcerer Pass, as well. There's no DVC discount on APs, but DVC-Y can purchase the slightly less expensive pass - with some blackout dates to be aware of.

If you purchase now, you'll get an online certificate good for one year from purchase. When you first use the AP during that 12-month period, your AP starts and is good for one year from that date of activation.

Currently, park reservations are still required for APs. Disney has introduced these 'good-to-go' days where AP holders won't need a park res. But we've found that they're almost useless because they're only identifying Good-To-Go days a few days or a couple weeks in advance, and they're only for the less crowded days. If you have the AP certificate (even before activation) in your MDE, you can make park reservations - the system recognizes that as a 'ticket' for you to do so.

Hope that helps - there's a ton more info available out here on the boards.

Just to add on. I think you may have to call to purchase the Sorcerer Pass from Member Services. It used to be that way when I initially bought, though entirely possible they changed that.

If you are logged in and eligible for the Sorcerer Pass, it will show up for purchase.

If you do not qualify for membership extras, then your only option is the Incredi pass.
Perhaps that is why the OP is only seeing Incredi pass in MDE.....

Just to add on. I think you may have to call to purchase the Sorcerer Pass from Member Services. It used to be that way when I initially bought, though entirely possible they changed that.
I was wondering about this. My wife and I have annual pass but want to buy for my two children, 8 and 12. Can I do this online through MDE or is it required to call?

Related DVC AP question - we usually get the Incredi-pass (b/c we often travel during DVC blackout periods). After our first year, we qualified for a slightly reduced price.

Does anyone know if we were to switch to a Sorcerer's Pass (would have direct benefits) and then switch back to Incredi-pass if the multi-year discount would still apply?

TIA!

Related DVC AP question - we usually get the Incredi-pass (b/c we often travel during DVC blackout periods). After our first year, we qualified for a slightly reduced price.

Does anyone know if we were to switch to a Sorcerer's Pass (would have direct benefits) and then switch back to Incredi-pass if the multi-year discount would still apply?

TIA!
When you renew, you can upgrade/downgrade to any pass level you are entitled to at the current renewal pricing.

We are going to the parks this weekend, and I want to upgrade from park tickets to Sorcerer’s Pass. We are DVC-Y and staying at beach club. Has anybody attempted to upgrade their park ticket to sorcerer pass on site recently?

What is the current discount when renewing? I currently have a Sorcerer Pass that expires June 19th. Trying to decide if it is a better financial decision to renew or just purchase new April '25 when we can go back to WDW. TIA!

Just go to the GR office right outside the IG, or to GR in DS. You shouldn't have any trouble upgrading there.
Can you refresh my memory please.

If upgrading to an AP from regular tickets is the date of the AP revert to the day you first used the tickets or when you actually upgraded.

I.E. 7 day ticket first used 1/1 and upgraded on 1/6

AP date would start on 1/1 or 1/6?

Can you refresh my memory please.

If upgrading to an AP from regular tickets is the date of the AP revert to the day you first used the tickets or when you actually upgraded.

I.E. 7 day ticket first used 1/1 and upgraded on 1/6

AP date would start on 1/1 or 1/6?
1/6 when you upgraded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter