DVC AP Questions

We just upgraded park tickets to sorcerer passes for our kids today at the IG guest relations desk. It took less than 15m. If you do this, make sure you have credit card and photo ID on you (even if you the parent already have a pass with a photo in the system 🙃) — also, I wish we had done this the last day because it turns out that we now need park reservations for each day (and I wasn’t quite ready to commit which day we were starting where)—luckily this is a slower period and it was easy to get reservations for MK on Saturday.

What is the current discount when renewing? I currently have a Sorcerer Pass that expires June 19th. Trying to decide if it is a better financial decision to renew or just purchase new April '25 when we can go back to WDW. TIA!
We are set for our first renewal on June 10th. We did sorcerer passes for my wife, two kids, and myself. We are wondering the same thing.

We got our money’s worth out of them this year. Wife and I will have done 5 trips each and the kids 3 each.

Just added on direct and finally have a blue card! We currently have Incredipasses but are due for renewal in December. We will be at WDW in November so I’m wondering if we can go to guest relations while there to renew or do we have to call?

Just added on direct and finally have a blue card! We currently have Incredipasses but are due for renewal in December. We will be at WDW in November so I’m wondering if we can go to guest relations while there to renew or do we have to call?

You can renew in person.

We are set for our first renewal on June 10th. We did sorcerer passes for my wife, two kids, and myself. We are wondering the same thing.

We got our money’s worth out of them this year. Wife and I will have done 5 trips each and the kids 3 each.
The renewal price is currently $849 + tax. Hopefully Disney won't raise it before June 10th! BTW you can renew as early as 60 days before expiration or as late as 30 days after expiration and will need to call MS or go to GR in person.

The renewal price is currently $849 + tax. Hopefully Disney won't raise it before June 10th! BTW you can renew as early as 60 days before expiration or as late as 30 days after expiration and will need to call MS or go to GR in person.
Wow, that is a big savings over the first year price.

Can you refresh my memory please.

If upgrading to an AP from regular tickets is the date of the AP revert to the day you first used the tickets or when you actually upgraded.

I.E. 7 day ticket first used 1/1 and upgraded on 1/6

AP date would start on 1/1 or 1/6?
I upgraded my tickets to AP and the CM made a point to tell me that the AP starts on the day I first used the ticket. So in the above case the AP would start on 1/1. Did this at the end of January.

Since you are going in November, just remember if you are planning to take advantage of savings with the sorcerer pass it does block out Thanksgiving weekend.

Since you are going in November, just remember if you are planning to take advantage of savings with the sorcerer pass it does block out Thanksgiving weekend.
We’re actually going over Halloween/end of Food & Wine. I’m too stingy with my points to go over Thanksgiving or Christmas.

Thanks for the reminder though, because we are going to switch to Sorcerer Passes.

Wow, that is a big savings over the first year price.
The key is if you renew, it is effective the day after your old pass expires. So if it will be a few months before you come back, is it more economical to just wait for a longer life on the back end of the pass or renew for the discount? Math…

The key is if you renew, it is effective the day after your old pass expires. So if it will be a few months before you come back, is it more economical to just wait for a longer life on the back end of the pass or renew for the discount? Math…
We are SoCal locals with DLR passes so the smarter thing for us to do is take two trips every other year instead of visiting 6-12 days each year. 🙃

The flip side is that (1) we really love Cosmic Rewind, (2) my kids are into Tron, and (3) one of these years they will stop being kids and evolve into tweens/teens/adults too cool or too busy to run around theme parks with their parents.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter