Doreen's Fresh Start & Success Story! (Welcome Friends!)

Good morning Doe, :sunny:

You sound very positive and upbeat this morning! :goodvibes Your post put a great big :teeth: on my face!

Have a wonderful day! :sunny:

Yesterday was a tough day. I was feeling very unsettled and couldn't concentrate at work, so I didn't get much productive work finished. After work, I came home to a house full of extended family and all the chaos that goes with it. I was very stressed the entire evening. I did have a little too much dinner and a small piece of dessert (stress eating) but I did not have even one piece of Halloween candy (AMAZING!). I was wired and stayed up until 11:30.

No light therapy yesterday - no time to do it in the evening when I got home. It will be a priority tonight.

So I feel like parts of my day were failures and other parts were big successes. All in all, I'll call it even. ;)

I did enter my weight, food, activity and food journal into Fitday - a big success for 2 days in a row. I noticed that my commitment to entering EVERYTHING into Fitday helped me say no to unneeded food and drinks because I knew I'd be looking at the total calorie count at the end of the day. I'm going to make this a daily habit.

Today I'm still feeling unsettled. It's hard to focus my mind, I feel almost high, if that makes sense, like my body wants to do everything at double speed. I'm going to put some soothing music on and keep my headphones on. I'll take at least one walk around my building today - it's going to be 70 degrees and sunny. I'm going to throw myself into my work and make sure I don't surf the web too much - pardon me if I don't get to all the journals today.

Tonight entails our regular family visit to the chiropractor and then rest and relaxation - aaahhhh! :cloud9:

Tomorrow my DS has his college admissions interview. This is stressing me out even though there is nothing I can do. I need to find a way to let this go or at least step back from the worries and unknowns and put it all into God's hands.

:sunny: I'm feeling good today! :sunny:
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc I'm feeling 2 pounds lighter today!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

The scale said 157 this morning. I know I'm already feeling thinner. I have been entering every bite into Fitday and it really has helped me immensely. I've been between 1200 - 1600 calories each day. I also slept from 8 PM last night to 5 AM this morning. That's all the good news.

No light therapy and no exercise yesterday. That's the bad news.

I'm very happy with my job at the moment. I'm working with some wonderful people and we make a great team. The work is challenging but not impossible. We don't really have a set deadline so we work at our own pace. I'm actually enjoying the work itself and like going into work in the morning.

I've found a soothing music station on Live365 - South American acoustical guitar music. I bought a new set of headphones ($10) that cover my whole ear so they help filter out the background noise of the office.

Today I feel successful and like I'm doing a lot of healthy things for myself. :goodvibes I even feel pretty calm about DS' college admissions interview, though we'll all breath a sigh of relief when its over. There's nothing on the schedule for this evening so I can do my light therapy when I get home and then relax.

It's gonna be a good day! :sunny:

:cool1: It's another wonderful day! :cool1:

Yesterday's college admissions interview went very well for my DS. He still needs to bump his grades up a bit but we feel sure he'll be admitted for next fall.

I did well with food yesterday, with calories just under 1500 for the day. I'm really appreciating Fitday! Dinner had a lot of sodium and the scale was up a pound this morning but that's ok. I'll just drink, drink, drink my water. I'm feeling like I have control over what I'm eating. The DZone is approaching within the next week and that will be the real test, but at the moment I'm optimistic. Hey, even if the scale doesn't go down, at least I have a true log of the foods I've eaten, what times I ate and how I was feeling. That information will be so helpful!

I didn't get any exercise in and no light therapy. I got 15 minutes of light therapy in this morning before I even got dressed - I made it a high priority today. Consistency is key and I haven't fully integrated it into my routine yet.

I'm at work and happy to be here. I'm ready to jump into my assignments. It's been a long time since I felt this good about what I'm doing. Tonight's only obligation is for DS to go to a marching band practice. The weekend, however, looks crazy with something planned for each day. I'll have to pace myself and rest when I can.

:love: :cool1: :lovestruc I LOVE FRIDAY!!! :lovestruc :cool1: :love:

Let's start the Friday party! :rockband: :thewave:

Yesterday's food intake was around 1450 calories. The scale is again at 157, which looks good to me! I felt great!

The bad news for yesterday was that my 15 minutes of light therapy in the morning caused me some eyestrain. Today I cut back to 3 minutes at the lowest light intensity and sat further from the light. I'll have to work up to 15 minutes gradually.

Today looks like a good day at work, followed by senior marching band parents night at the football game. I should be home by 8 PM and have time for some rest and relaxation before bedtime.

DD has applied for another job. Hersheypark is hiring costume characters for the holidays. We're crossing our fingers! She has a good friend who already works there as the Hershey Kiss or the Hershey Bar or the Reese Peanut Butter Cup. DD is a little taller so she would be different characters. :teeth: What a fun part-time job!

Let the Friday celebration commence! Let us celebrate healthy living and the joys in our lives! :Pinkbounc

Wow, you might be so lucky! You might have your very own chocolate bar as a member of the family! :p I'll bet she'd come home from work even smelling like a Reese Cup! Don't they have chocolate fragrances pumped into the park?

:banana: :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :bounce: :flower: I'm enjoying the Friday Celebration: Rock on!

How'd you find out how much you were supposed to be doing with the light therapy? Did your eyes bother you so much you had to talk to the dr.?

You know, I just realized that I'd better copy this and send it over to our vacation home just to be sure you see it today!

Have a great weekend, Doreen.
:Hug:,
Erin

I was doing fairly well with food yesterday until later in the evening. I didn't eat enough at the Senior Band Parents' Night dinner (a small piece of sub). I passed up the chips and the cake. The problem was that I was still hungry, so I ate some of DD's french fries w/ ketchup at the football game. Then we came home and I was still hungry so I ate a muffin. I was thenking I really blew it but when I put everything into Fitday, I still only had a little over 1700 calories yesterday. Prior to Fitday I would have beaten myself up over slipping but now that I can see that my choices were poor but I didn't overeat on calories, I'm fine with it.

My weight is at 158 - I'm fine with that. My goal is to be solidly 158 going into December. I'm only aiming for a pound a month loss.

This morning we were up early to take the kids for SATs. I made pancakes and nibbled one while cooking. I'll have to work on my choices for the rest of the day so I eat real healthy meals instead of grazing through the kitchen all day. I also got 3 minutes of low intensity light therapy in this morning.

I'm still feeling good. I'm happy about where I am mentally and emotionally at the moment. Haven't felt this good in ages! :sunny:

Yesterday was going well in so many ways. I was eating healthy. I spent plenty of time outside in the bright sunshine. I chose to have a treat that had way too much sugar in it. I should have known I was setting myself up for a binge, right? Then we went to the movies. :rolleyes: Then I cam home and checked out the goodies around the house. What was I thinking? :confused3

Lesson learned (again). I did plug everything into Fitday and the total calories for the day were around 1850, which was less than I thought it would be. I am really appreciating Fitday and it's worth all the time and effort to keep it updated. Scale this morning was holding steady at 158.

This morning I'm getting my laundry finished as I type this. Then it's off to help at Sunday School. We have a basket bingo fundraiser to attend later today and will have 4 generations of players - my grandma, my mom, myself and my daughter. :teeth: Then it's home to plan menus and head to the grocery store.

I did 3 minutes of light therapy this morning. 3 minutes at the lowest intensity doesn't strain my eyes. I'm going to add another minute starting tomorrow.

:sunny: Happy Day! :sunny:

This slide of mine has really got to stop today. Yesterday's calorie intake was close to 2400 calories. I ate exactly what I wanted, all those things I've been passing up for the past week and then some. It's the first time my calorie intake was more than the calories I expended.

On the up-side, I won a basket at basket bingo and we all had a good time together.

Today is a new day. I'm back to my comfortable routine at my comfortable office. :) The healthy living habits should fall right into place, as long as I don't dwell on the weekend slipup.

My natural instinct is to just not eat. I know this is not healthy. Also, it causes me to wait until I am absolutely starving and then I make horrible food choices. This is how a small slipup can lead to days of bad eating for me. I won't let it happen.

I'm going to eat 3 meals today and make sure they each have an appropriate number of calories. I am going to avoid overt sugars. I'll be back in the game in no time. I'll also try to forget about the 159 I saw on the scale this morning and focus on moving forward. ::yes::

So there's my plan and I'm stickin' to it! :cool1:

Good morning Doe! :sunny:

Stopping by to WISH you a wonderful Monday! :sunny: Don't worry too much about yesterday's food. Just focus on today and remember, baby steps are the key! ::yes::

Have a great day! :sunny:

I did better yesterday. Calorie intake was just above 1400 and no overt sugars. The scale is still at 159 but that's no big deal. If I eat less calories than I burn, it has to come down eventually. I just know that I feel better today, not so bloated and full.

I went to the grocery store last night after planning a couple menus for the week, so there's healthy food in my house! YAY!

Today is another day at work, which is fine with me. Tonight is a meeting for DH and I. In between will be dinner and some time with the kids. I feel like I've got things under control and am not stressed or anxious. I've even been driving to work this week, since the lady I ride with is at.....yep....WDW! ;)

I feel like my days are taking on an even-ness that is very welcome to me with no roller coaster ride of highs and lows. Not sure if that makes sense to everyone else but it feels good to me. I'm more calm, more confident, more the 'old' me prior to my depression.

Off I go, dancing into my day..... :sunny: :cool1: :sunny:

Doe....Just had a chance to skim the last few pages of your journal. You've got a wonderful, positive attitude about your health and well-being. Congratulations to you on recognizing when you slip-up and on being able to begin each day anew. That's a great accomplishment and something I strive to be able to do now! Glad that you're feeling more of the "old you". I applaud your successes! :cheer2:

Have a wonderful day! :wave:

Doreen -- I am just catching up on journals and I am so happy for you that you sound so happy and so in control! Your commitment to FitDay sounds like an incredible accomplishment -- congratulations!
BTW -- it sounds like we have some of the same stresses. DD is also a senior in marching band (colorguard captain) and is going through the college application process. Her band made ACCs (championships) and we'll be in Scranton this weekend for that. She applied for early decision at UD by the 11/1 deadline and now it is just a waiting game until 12/15. Where is your DS applying? How did he feel about the SATs? I hope everything works out perfectly for him.

Congratulations again on getting such a great handle on your calorie intake. And I am so, so happy for you that you are feeling so much better!

Have a great day! :hug:

It's official. I have my first cold of the season. Can I just state right up front that I feel miserable???? :sick: My family has NOT been very compassionate so I had to vent somewhere, right? :confused3

Yesterday's calorie total was right around 1600. I wasn't tempted by any junky food. Guess I got all that out of my system over the weekend. :teeth: The scale was back to 158. I'm really not obsessing over the number too much. Fitday has a chart that shows my weight over the past month. I pull that up every day and as long as I see a downward trend with the occasional bumps, I feel good. I'm on track to make my December first goal of weighing 158 on a regular basis, instead of 159. Slow and steady will win this race. ::yes::

I'm more tired than usual since I'm sick. I've been sipping orange juice (and counting the calories) and drinking lots of water. I was in bed by 9:30 last night. I wanted to skip my meeting but DH talked me into going anyway. :rolleyes:

Today I made it into work so I could attend a mandatory training session this afternoon. It's the last one of the year so I really wanted to get it in, plus I just didn't want to take a sick day (is this ME talking???). Yeah, I really do like what I'm doing now because if I didn't, I'd use any excuse at all to take a day off. :teeth:

Tonight there's nothing on the schedule. I'll cook dinner and then spend a very short amount of time straightening up the house. DS has an end of the season concert with the marching band tomorrow night and my parents are coming over, so things ought to be neatened up (or 'red up' as we say in PA Dutch Country :rotfl: ).

I'm feeling blah but I intend to make the most of my day while still being kind to myself. :sunny:

o its no fun being sick!! i hope you are able to rest alot tonight since theres not alot going on! feel better reallllly soon :)

Hey, there. :hug: How's it going this morning? Are you feeling any better? I hope so. . .being sick is the pits. :guilty:

A few days ago you wrote:
"I feel like my days are taking on an even-ness that is very welcome to me with no roller coaster ride of highs and lows. Not sure if that makes sense to everyone else but it feels good to me. I'm more calm, more confident, more the 'old' me prior to my depression."

I know what you're talking about. Since I started seriously following the DesMaisons program, I've felt that same way. Even from where I sit in the DZONE, the ride is easier.

Do you get Prevention magazine? There's a good article by Geneen Roth in the latest issue; maybe it's on the website?

Here's some :wizard: for your day, dear WISH-sis. Happy Friday. :Pinkbounc

Love,
Erin

Thursday November 10
"What REALLY Happened"

Yesterday I planned to make the most of my day in spite of my cold. By 10:30 my coworkers told me to go home. They said I looked awful and sounded worse. ;) I fought it for a bit and then took their advice, came home and took a long nap with the puppy. I was thoroughly miserable and needed rest. My son, the angel of mercy, went to the store to get me Puffs with lotion, Nyquil and Dayquil. They all helped immensely!

Today I'm still at home sick. I've discovered that straight orange juice tastes too strong and screws up my blood sugar. A mixture of 2 parts water and one part OJ does the trick and is wonderful to sip on all day long. Even when I'm sick, I'm still learning! :teeth:

Tonight is DS' marching band concert. My parents are not coming since I called them and suggested that they may not want to get my cold and that it's going around the school like crazy. They were at one football game and saw the band's show then.

Looks like I'll have a day of rest and lots of naps. Now if I could just get the puppy to understand that Mommy really doesn't feel up to playing endless games of fetch..... ;-)

Take care, all! :hug:

The concert last night was wonderful. The kids LOVE playing the marching band music! They play their field show music while the color guard and majorettes perform their routines (but modified for indoors). Then they perform all the tunes they play in the stands during the game. It is so evident that these kids are enjoying what they're playing. This is by far my favorite concert of the year!

I got lots of sleep and rest yesterday. I also got both computers up-to-date with McAfee virus protection and Ad-Aware scans, etc. etc. It was a productive day even though I was sick.

Today I have off (LOVE those obscure state holidays!). I've been working on the website for the child care center. When it's up, I'll post a link in case anyone is curious. I meet with the director and her assistant this morning to review my progress and show them what it looks like so far.

Tomorrow morning DD has her official interview with Hersheypark! She is so excited! She tells me she is in the KitKat category, so she could be the KitKat bar, the Hershey syrup bottle, Milk Duds, Ranger Scratch (the Hershey ZooAmerica mascot), or the can of Hershey's cocoa. I'm a bit envious! It just sounds like fun! Anyway, we're all crossing our fingers that she gets the job.

I'm starting to feel better. I think the worst of my cold is over. Guess I need to get back to eating healthy, huh? Yeah, it's time. :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter