Doreen's Fresh Start & Success Story! (Welcome Friends!)

DoeWDW

I've been a bit naughty since you've been away
How's that for a positive journal title? :teeth:

I decided it's time to start a new journal, since I'm recommitting to getting fit and healthy and dropping some of this extra weight.

The weight and measure session this morning was not fun, but it was a wake-up call. Here it is:
Weight: 155 - an all time high :(
Bust: 41.5
Chest: 36
Waist: 37.5
Tummy: 43
Hips: 42
Thighs: 40 L=25.5 R=25

OK, there it is in print. Now it's time to take some action.

The daily plan includes:
1. Devotions and Bible reading - I'll need God's help on this journey.
2. Pills - meds & multivitamin every day.
3. Water - at least 60 oz.
4. Healthy eating - NOT the kind of eating I've been doing lately. Generally LC with some extra fruit thrown in.
5. Exercise - at least SOMETHING every day, even if it's just stretching. I'm aiming for 6 days of exercise and a 7th day of stretching only. 4 days will include cardio (generally my training walk/run for the half marathon) and 3 days will include weight training (using the circuit at the health club). I'll be scheduling time with a personal trainer so I'll tweak this at her discretion.
6. Reasonable bedtime - no more staying up late and trying to "create" more hours in my days. I need my sleep - at least 7 hours per night.

Weigh-in and measurements will officially be on Monday morning, with weight checks throughout the week just to make sure.

This looks practically identical to what I've been trying to do, but today I start again with new resolve.

I want to celebrate my success in 7 weeks at the Ocean City Maryland half marathon. I want to cross that finish line feeling leaner and healthier.

Here we go! :sunny:

:hug: for you, dear WISH-sis, as we start this new chapter in our journey together. :cool1: :cool1: I'm excited about all the possibilities that are out there for us: good health, lean and fit bodies, and positive :goodvibes all over! :flower:

Doreen, we're going to do this.

:cheer2: Step by step,
Day by day,
Pound by pound.
Moving downward and looking Upward! :cheer2:

Now go drink your water. :teeth:

Erin

Way to go Doe!!!! :cool1: I am sure we will all be here visiting! :flower: You are going to do great! :sunny:

Good morning Doe!!

You CAN do this Doe! Your WISH friends are behind you and Erin and we are cheering you both on to victory!!!! :cheer2:

Have a great day! :sunny:

OK, I've done it! I made my first appointment with a personal trainer! I am a bundle of nerves about it but I really think it will help me keep my exercise focus. Our first meeting is this Sunday at 1 PM. :goodvibes

We're expecting quite a bit of snow today and tonight - about 6" - 8". My carpool driver wants to leave early today before the snow gets too bad. Works for me! ::yes::

Daily goals:
1. Devotions & Bible study - not yet.
2. Pills - taken. :p
3. Water - on my 3rd of 5 mugs.
4. Healthy eating - B = 2 slices turkey, 2 slices mozzarella, 10 baby carrots, snack will be 1 oz. cashews, L will be an apple w/ PB. I'll spend my afternoon planning my menus for tonight and the rest of the week.
5. Exercise - My training schedule calls for 48 minutes walk3/run1. I know that is too much running for me. I also did not get my 7 mile training walk in this past weekend. My goal for today is to walk 4 miles with a minute of running every half mile. That means walk 8 minutes/run 1 minute roughly. Sounds like a good plan! My workout bag is packed and in the car. As long as it isn't snowing too bad I'll stop on the way home from work.
6. Bedtime tonight will be at 10 PM and wake up tomorrow will be at 5:30 AM - 7.5 hours of restful sleep!

Morning Doe! What a wonderful new journal you have going here. I loved your post in my journal this morning about the hang nail. I plan on being extremely tough on myself - so don't expect any slack from me! ;)

Just to remind you per my Curves instructors 19% of weight loss is attributed to stretching. So be sure to do lots of stretching when you strength train.

Have a good first day my friend!

~Amanda

Hi Doe,

I found you! I love the idea of you starting a new journal. Your plan looks great, and I know that you will be a success. After all, it is in the title.

Take care with all that snow.
Beth

Hey, how are you doing this afternoon? Now, I don't want to put words in your journal, here, but I'm kind of wondering if you're feeling any afternoon fatigue. Remember that whatever exercise you got done at the gym is a GOOD thing.

Be careful with your eating tonight, Doreen. You want to eat really healthy things that are going to nurture YOU and your body. Do you have any nice fruit that you can enjoy for dessert or in the evening?

Hugs to you. We can do this.
Erin

Just stopping by to say "goodnight and sweet dreams." Hope today went OK.

Hugs,
Erin

Doreen...Good idea on starting the new journal with your new journey! I hope you print out the old one or save it to a disk. It's still nice to go back and read some of the nice things people say as well as some of the wonderful ideas you have written. Take care...and I believe you will succeed!!

Gail

Last post for Monday Feb. 28
1. Devotions - talked about using handy kitchen appliances like crock-pots to simplify cooking. Doesn't sound like a devotional but the author tied in scripture. :p
3. Water - 60 oz. + some! :p
4. Healthy eating - followed my plan for the day. Made chili for dinner and added lots of ground beef to mine - delish! :p
5. Exercise - did 3 miles in 48 minutes on the health club's treadmill. Checked to make sure my weight record card is still on file at the health club's circuit, so I can do that as tomorrow's cross-training workout. :p
6. Bedtime - I'm on track for 10 PM. :p

It was a great first day! I didn't have any cravings. YAY!!

I made some yummy food for tomorrow's lunch - can't wait! :sunny:

:banana: You did it! You did it! You did it, did it, did it! :banana: You had an awesome healthy living day! WAY TO GO, DOREEN! :cheer2:

You sound focused and ready to start a new day. Good for you! I'm especially impressed with your plan for the gym tonight. It's a lot easier to live the healthy life when we have a plan, isn't it? It takes the mystery out.

:hug: and :sunny: for your new day,
Erin

Day 1 (yesterday) I earned all 6 of my smilies! :Pinkbounc

Day 2 is today and I'm aiming for the same success. ::yes::

Today:
1. Devotions - Who am I trying to impress? Even if I'm doing God's work, I should NOT be doing it and seeking or wanting affirmation from PEOPLE. I should be seeking only God's approval. :p
3. Water - on my first of 5 mugs to get to 60 oz.
4. Healthy eating - B = chicken waldorf salad, snack = 10 baby carrots, L = the 2nd serving of chicken waldorf salad (LOVE this stuff!), D = chili leftovers
5. Exercise - 40 minutes of crosstraining is on the schedule. I'll hit the health club after work for a 10 minute warmup on the recumbent bike and once around the weight circuit (takes 30-45 minutes).
6. Sleep - Bedtime will be at 10 PM so I can get 7.5 hours of sleep. :cloud9:

Bring on the day - I'm ready for another day of success! :sunny:

Okay I need your Chicken Salad Recipe! It must be good if you want to eat it twice in one day!!!

Yeah for all 3 of us getting back on track yesterday! I know that I could already see a difference in my body last night. It is amazing what washing away the bloating will do! :angel: I'm sending you all the :sunny: I can spare to warm you guys up. It is COLD here right now but it looks like the sun is going to shine most of the day.

Good Luck with your exercise tonight and remember to stretch!

~Amanda

DoeWDW said:
Day 1 (yesterday) I earned all 6 of my smilies! :Pinkbounc

Bring on the day - I'm ready for another day of success! :sunny:

Kudos on the 6 smiles... :wizard: and :cheer2: for success today!!!

Just stopping by to give you an afternoon cheer! :cheer2: ! Go, Doreen! Go, Doreen! Go, Doreen! :cheer2: How's about some green tea this afternoon--say, around 3 p.m.? I'll be tipping my cup to you and thinking of you as we progress through Day #2!

Erin

3. Water - on my third mug. Gotta keep drinking or I'll fall short.
4. Healthy eating - added a snack of 1 oz cashews this afternoon.

Work is stressing me out and the EVM is calling. I am holding my ears and :rolleyes1 to drown out the noise. :teeth:

I'm going to make my green tea and toast to my WISH-sis Erin! :hug:
Then I'm going to bow my head and pray.
Then I'm going to make yet another list and rearrange my priorities and timetables based on the last email I received. :sad2:

My circumstances will not change to enable me to find peace. I must find peace in spite of the circumstances. It starts with an attitude of gratitude. I'm counting my blessings.

(UPDATE: 4 PM)
I made it! I'm drinking the last of my green tea. I have NOT given in to the calls of the EVM. Today WILL be a 6 smilie day! ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter