Doreen's Fresh Start & Success Story! (Welcome Friends!)

A big :hug: for you, Doreen. Today's been a tough one at work, hasn't it?
You've stayed strong to your healthy living goals, though, in the midst of all the pressure. As we go into the days ahead, remember this day and all the strength you had--it'll help on another day you feel the call of the EVM.

Have a good night, Doreen. :goodvibes
Erin

Day 2 - Last post
1. Devotions - :p
2. Pills - :p
3. Water - :p
4. Healthy eating - :p
5. Exercise - not yet, but I'll do a minimum of 20 minutes of stretching and Pilates before bed. I had a nasty headache and got home late from work - it was a conspiracy to keep me from the gym. However, I WILL do 20 minutes of stretching. :p
6. Bedtime - 10 PM - gotta get my beauty sleep. :p

Looks like 2 successful days in a row for me! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Congratulations on another successful day, Doreen!!! :cool1: :banana:

You are doing an amazing job this month. Despite the stress at work, you took a moment to refocus, and stayed on course. I am so proud of you. That EVM does not stand a chance..

How was your workout? I hope you have a great night's sleep.

Take care,
Beth

Woo-hoo! Look you go! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc
You had that nasty headache to deal with yet you still managed to stretch and do something good for you (while honoring your body's needs). Good for you!

Good luck with today, dear WISH-SIS! I'll stop by later to see how you're doing.

:hug: ,
Erin

Awesome job Doe! Thanks for being an inspiration to us all!!! :flower:

Thanks for all the encouragement! :grouphug:

I did do my stretching last night and I was in bed on time. 2 days of 6 smilies!! Hey, let's make it 3!!

Today:
1. Devotions - Having a mission statement for my life would help me simplify and spend the time I have more wisely. :p
2. Pills - just paused to take them. :p
3. Water - on my second of 5 mugs.
4. Healthy eating - B = chicken waldorf salad, L = the last of the chicken waldorf salad, snacks = 2 string cheese and 10 baby carrots, D = ham steaks and some type of veggie.
5. Exercise - My schedule calls for a rest day. YAY! :p
6. Bedtime - 10 PM.

I've already earned 3 of my 6 smilies! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc All I have to do now is drink like a :fish:, eat according to my plan, and get to bed at 10 PM. I can do this, in spite of it being Day 1 of TOM and feeling perfectly awful.

Can I take a moment to whine? My headache is pounding, my body is achey, my "girls" are painfully swollen, and my low back hurts. However, as strong women, we are not to let any of this show in any way to the world.

OK, that's enough of a pity party for me - now on to the day with a smile! ::yes:: :sunny:

Morning Doe - You are doing so awesome! Great job on earning all of your smiles yesterday. I am very proud of you! :cheer2:

Enjoy your rest day today, and your menu sounds yummy! I'm going to buy the ingredients to make the Chicken Waldorf salad this weekend to keep it on hand. Although I'm not sure I can eat it for breakfast ;) Lunch though is a definate!

I know you are feeling the effects of TOM - is there anyone at work that can give you some Midol? That always helps me with the aches and bloating. Otherwise - I think a foot rub and neck massage is in order from the gadgets you bought at the marathon convention.

~Amanda

You know, you'd think that women of the world could unite and come up with a way to make everyone cut us some slack during TOM instead of acting like it doesn't exist. Maybe we should wear little pins that say "Please be gentle with me, TOM is approaching." That'd be enough wouldn't it? :confused3 You know I feel your pain, Doreen. At least we know "this too shall pass."

Tea time is soon approaching. I'll be toasting ya, honey. We're going to make it through Day #3. Keep on :moped: .

Erin

Hi Doe,

Sending a gentle :grouphug: your way today. I hope you are feeling better.

You are doing a great job, Doe! Keep up the good work! :cheer2:

Have a wonderful Thursday! :sunny:

Hi Doreen,

Your new journal is great! So much motivation-- whoo hooo I know you can do it!

So sorry about your headache, etc. I hope it goes away real soon :flower:

Sunny

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: to you! There are times when it is just not a lot of fun to be a woman! At least know we all understand and you can whine when you want!!!!

How many smiles?

Day 3 was another rousing success - all 6 smilies were MINE!! :cloud9: Maybe 3 days on the straight and narrow doesn't seem like a big deal to many but I've strayed for so long that it seemed unthinkable last week. I've got all my WISH friends to thank for keeping me on the right track. :grouphug:

I'm afraid today may be more of a challenge. I'm feeling all better except for the headache. It has gotten worse. I just took 2 Excedrin Migraines and am hoping for some relief soon. I am confident about all my goals except the exercise. If this headache doesn't get better, there's no way I can do 48 minutes on the treadmill. So I'm crossing my fingers that the meds work and I can get my workout in this afternoon. I really want all my smilies. ::yes::

Today:
1. Devotions - No matter what I feel my faults and limitations are, God can use me to minister to others. In the Bible, He found ways to enlist drunks, prostitutes, chronic worriers, womanizers, murderers, etc. He doesn't call me because I'm perfect, He calls me because I'm His chosen child. :p
2. Pills - will take them later this morning.
3. Water - on my second of 5 mugs.
4. Healthy eating - AM snack = a banana & 2 Excedrin Migraines :), B = apple w/ PB and my pills, L = LC tortilla w/ ham & mozzarella, PM snack = 10 baby carrots & 2 string cheese, D = the last of the chili
5. Exercise - The schedule says 48 minutes of walking/running. Please pray that my headache is gone enough that I can earn this smilie.
6. Bedtime - 10 PM.

The scale has moved to 154 2 days in a row, although I won't officially claim it until Monday morning weigh-in. I know the scale isn't supposed to matter but the number sure does put a smile on my face. :love:

It will be another busy workday but I'm feeling confident about my tasks. I feel absolutely horrible about not getting around to all the journals :( , but know that you are all in my prayers and in my thoughts on a daily basis. This weekend I'll set aside a few hours to get caught up with everyone. :grouphug:

EDIT: 12 noon
2. Pills - taken. :p
3. Water - on my 3rd mug
4. Sticking to my healthy eating plan

My headache is better - definitely tolerable now! :cloud9: Still not sure about the workout but I'll take cues from my body while still doing SOME type of exercise.

:grouphug: OK, troops, let's gather some WISH love around princess: Doe-Doe this morning. :grouphug:

I hope your headache gets better soon, Doreen, but do me a favor and promise me you'll take it easy on the exercise this afternoon, even if you're on the mend. Maybe some treadmill then some stretching would be easier on your body? I know you'll figure out what's right for you.

I'm proud of you, Doreen. You're really working your plan!

:sunny: :sunny: :sunny: on your day!

Erin

*whisper* Morning Doe, Happy Thursday! Sorry to hear about your headache - I'm sending lots of :goodvibes that it will be gone this afternoon. If it isn't better by your exercise time I say skip the treadmill and do some light stretching instead. Especially in the neck and shoulder area where we tend to carry the most stress. Your menu looks yummy and stay away from the EVM. *whisper*

~Amanda

How're you doing, Doreen? Hope you've gotten some relief from your headache. :headache: .

Thinking of you,
Erin :wave2:

:hug: Doreen,

Headaches are the worst. May I suggest you try a cup of caffienated tea? It might help blast that headache without derailing your plan. Listen to your body about the exercise.

Take care,
Beth

How ya doing sweetie?
I'll probably be online for a little while tonight while I "clean" my office. I hope I'll catch ya!

~Amanda

I hope you didn't get the headache from too much partying at Erin's! :rotfl2:

No, in all seriousness, I hope you are felling better! :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter