Do you wear make up to the parks?

I wear it. At least brows, a mattifying powder (usually just Bare Minerals veil), and I curl my eyelashes. Sometimes I do more if I feel like it.

I’m a 80’s/90’s kid. I had Gwen Stefani brows for years and now they don’t grow back 😩. And my lashes are long and hit my glasses if I don’t curl them... The rest depends on my mood and plans.

I wear it. At least brows, a mattifying powder (usually just Bare Minerals veil), and I curl my eyelashes. Sometimes I do more if I feel like it.

I’m a 80’s/90’s kid. I had Gwen Stefani brows for years and now they don’t grow back 😩. And my lashes are long and hit my glasses if I don’t curl them... The rest depends on my mood and plans.
My brows stopped growing back too! It's weird, I wax people's eyebrows everyday and no one else ever has this issue. You're the first I've heard. All I know is, I'm glad I never decided to take them all the way off for some reason! lol

A little concealer to even out the red tone and mascara. And if no masks I would wear a light pink lipstick. I often carry a lipstick in my wristlet.

The best thing I've found is the foundation drops that you add to your own sunscreen. It's made by No. 7 and you can control just how much coverage you need or want. It's nice to be able to use your favorite sunscreen or lotion. I found it at Walgreens.

Thanks. I'll have to look into those.

I wear makeup in the parks. My skin is splotchy and I have light eyelashes so my eye disappear without something on. Since we take a lot of pictures in the parks I like to look decent.

For those that use a tinted sunscreen/moisturizer, what brands do you use? I would love to find something that gave a little coverage to even out my skin tone.
Chanel CC cream SPF50

I start every morning some make up to "rope drop" pictures. Mainly tinted moisturizer and mascara.

Agree with many of the posts about going to nice dinner then put on my normal make up.

Yes. I wear makeup everywhere.

Yep - me too!

I have been retired for 13 years and will be 70 in a few days. I still wear makeup every, single day. Last year, during the pandemic, I stopped applying my makeup for about three weeks. I was literally alone in my home and it seemed silly. But, after a few weeks, I couldn’t stand looking at myself. I looked so blah and it was kind of depressing. So, even when I wasn’t seeing anyone or going anywhere, I put my make up on. It is just part of who I am.

Last edited:
Yep - me too!

I have been retired for 13 years and will be 70 in a few days. I still wear makeup every, single day. Last year, during the pandemic, I stopped applying my makeup for about three weeks. I was literally alone in my home and it seemed silly. But, after a few weeks, I couldn’t stand looking at myself. I looked so blah and it was kind of depressing. So, even when I wasn’t seeing anyone or going anywhere, I put my make up on. It is just part of who I am.
I wear makeup 99% of the time too even if it’s just brows and lashes. I feel frumpy if I don’t! It’s okay!

Yes but very minimal. I'm talking cover up for under my eyes and any blemishes, eyeliner and mascara (all waterproof). Just the basics.

I keep it simple with sunscreen and spf lip balm.

If for some reason I don't have any on hand, I just quickly apply some hyaluronic acid, Vitamin C serum, moisturizer with ceramides and niacinamide, and some petrolatum (either Vaseline or Creme de la Mer), followed by an ample dose of red LED lighting for 5-10 minutes, then a little microneedling followed by 2-3 minutes of heckling someone's haircut.

If it's dark out , I'll apply 0.1 dose of retinol in small dots and wear a magnetic band that obstructs dead pulsars and nocturnal UV residue from penetrating my skin barrier. A goat's blood smoothie with broccoli sipped during the solstice will aid my leukocytes against the toxic cascade set off by plastic microbes that hover like a halo near most attractions. Wear a hat and sunglasses!

Nope. I am reapplying sunscreen multiple times throughout the day. That would wipe it all off the first time.

To be honest, I don't do makeup very often. I figure if people have an issue with how I look without it, are they really people I should care about?

Yes. We take lots of photos so...definitely!

Last edited:
I keep it simple with sunscreen and spf lip balm.

If for some reason I don't have any on hand, I just quickly apply some hyaluronic acid, Vitamin C serum, moisturizer with ceramides and niacinamide, and some petrolatum (either Vaseline or Creme de la Mer), followed by an ample dose of red LED lighting for 5-10 minutes, then a little microneedling followed by 2-3 minutes of heckling someone's haircut.

If it's dark out , I'll apply 0.1 dose of retinol in small dots and wear a magnetic band that obstructs dead pulsars and nocturnal UV residue from penetrating my skin barrier. A goat's blood smoothie with broccoli sipped during the solstice will aid my leukocytes against the toxic cascade set off by plastic microbes that hover like a halo near most attractions. Wear a hat and sunglasses!
Yeah, that's pretty much my routine too but instead of heckling haircuts I prefer to put some colour in my cheeks by silent critiquing grammer on the CB. :rotfl2:
...To be honest, I don't do makeup very often. I figure if people have an issue with how I look without it, are they really people I should care about?
I really don't understand comments like this. Who goes around "having an issue" with how somebody else chooses to do (or not do) themselves up? I'd honestly like to know - it's hard to believe anybody would actually express that to you. :rolleyes1

No, but then I don’t wear makeup, like ever. I put on just a little sunblock before a day in the sun.

Even though I don't wear makeup often in my day-to-day life, I do love wearing makeup on holiday. I really enjoy doing my makeup on holiday. Kind of like I am taking the time for myself while I'm on holiday, I dunno. Plus I do it for the pictures/selfies.

Nope. I am reapplying sunscreen multiple times throughout the day. That would wipe it all off the first time.

To be honest, I don't do makeup very often. I figure if people have an issue with how I look without it, are they really people I should care about?
This is another reason why I do the bare minimum. Besides having fair skin, I also am known to get blemishes depending on environment. The more basic I do (which essentially is to cover up any acne or dark spots and make my eyes pop) the better. Also? Chapstick is something everyone tends to forget to bring myself included. It is a must bring!

My brows stopped growing back too! It's weird, I wax people's eyebrows everyday and no one else ever has this issue. You're the first I've heard. All I know is, I'm glad I never decided to take them all the way off for some reason! lol

I think it’s the tweezing. My mom and aunts over tweezed in the 80s and their brows do not grow at all. I’ve been waxing since I was 15 and I still get a unibrow in two weeks. Good thing about having hairy eye brows is I have naturally full brows but if I wait a few days over two weeks to wax I look like Bert from Sesame Street.

I don’t wear makeup for anyone else. I wear it for myself. I just feel more put together with it on.

I also have no issues being without makeup. I never feel self conscience without it. At the pool I have no makeup and I don’t care. I run and do early morning errands at home without makeup and I don’t care. On weekends I get up, wash my face, work out, take the dog for a walk and then usually have to run and get something and I do that before applying any makeup since I’m still in workout gear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter