Do you think my daughter looks her age?

My daughter looked similar, but to be honest she looks about 10: She has a very sweet smile.

She just turned 8 and is in second grade.

4mrZLuN.jpg
I work in an elementary school and honestly kid come in all different sizes/growth spurts. I have some kids who are super tiny and I have a 5th grader who could literally pass as an 8th/9th grader.

I think she definitely looks older than the "average" 8 year old and I'd guess around 10/11, but that's not to say I don't have other 2nd graders that look the same. She probably just hit growth spurts earlier, and it'll probably all even out in a couple years.

I have 2 2nd graders (both 7...8 in June). She looks taller, bigger and more 'grown up' than both of them.

ETA: We had an event at school today for the entire 2nd grade. I was just scrolling through pictures and she looks older and more 'endowed' than every single student in our 2nd grade.

When I was a kid i remember my mom saying no one ever believed my age. She actually had 'state ids' made that were like a drivers license for kids. When we got denied a kids meal (or whatever) she'd whip out those cards.

We have 2 daughters, 17 & 12. I would guess 10, but 8 is totally believable.

Awe! What a cutie patootie! I would say she looks more like a 5th grader; however, both my kids are tiny for their age so that may make me think she looks older...

My daughter is 8 and in grade 3. Looking at you daughter I'd say 10-11 grade 5-6. She's got a great smile

Last edited:
My DD was the tallest kid in 3rd grade at her school ( boys and girls). By the time she was in 6th grade she was an average height for her age. She also looked older than her age.

The photo is already down, so I cannot comment on that specifically, but whatever it's worth, we all need to learn to love the bodies we are in. DD has always been tall for her age. She is the tallest in her class and she is also the youngest. I believe she is mistaken for being older and therefore judged as being "immature". I cannot control what other people think or assume about my child, but I can influence how DD feels about herself. We have always known she would be tall, so we have always talked about being tall as a wonderful thing. Now, if I had a child who was destined to be short, I would have spent all my time talking about how wonderful it is to be petite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter