Do you like Animals

• Yes, of course there human

Votes: 44 69.8%
  • There ok

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Get that thing away from me

Votes: 9 14.3%

• Total voters
Ok I just have to pipe up and say something that is so confusing to me. Most every single person that has replied to this thread claims to love animals, many even claiming to love animals more then people. However most people making these claims actively support animal cruelty and suffering. How can a person claim to love animals yet eat their dead bodies? How can a person claim to love animals yet continue to buy and consume dead animals that suffered greatly before their death? Why is your pet dog or cat loved so much but the dead pig or chicken or cow on your plate not worthy of love or compassion but only suffering? I truly do not understand the disconnect. It’s absurd to me. If you loved animals you wouldn’t contribute to their suffering whether it’s a dog or a pig.

Ok I just have to pipe up and say something that is so confusing to me. Most every single person that has replied to this thread claims to love animals, many even claiming to love animals more then people. However most people making these claims actively support animal cruelty and suffering. How can a person claim to love animals yet eat their dead bodies? How can a person claim to love animals yet continue to buy and consume dead animals that suffered greatly before their death? Why is your pet dog or cat loved so much but the dead pig or chicken or cow on your plate not worthy of love or compassion but only suffering? I truly do not understand the disconnect. It’s absurd to me. If you loved animals you wouldn’t contribute to their suffering whether it’s a dog or a pig.

How can a person claim to love animals yet eat their dead bodies? - Because animals do eat other animals, in nature. That's the way things work. I respect vegetarians' personal choices, and will happily provide vegetarian options to guests. I even enjoy them sometimes myself. But in general, I believe eating both plants and animals is the best way to get proper nutrition.

Why is your pet dog or cat loved so much...? - Because I have chosen to have a different relationship with that particular species. I am grateful to have the luxury of not having to just kill any animal or starve, so I choose not to eat certain ones (really cute ones, really smart ones...I get that that's kind of arbitrary, but so is which people you decide to hang out with. We draw all kinds of arbitrary lines every day.)

If you loved animals you wouldn’t contribute to their suffering... - The thing is, I don't believe a cow killed quickly and without fear leading up to that experiences prolonged "suffering". (I don't, however, eat veal that is raised in little cages, or support certain kinds of product testing. - I do believe in reducing suffering where possible.)

Last edited:
How can a person claim to love animals yet eat their dead bodies? - Because animals do eat other animals, in nature. That's the way things work. I respect vegetarians' personal choices, and will happily provide vegetarian options to guests. I even enjoy them sometimes myself. But in general, I believe eating both plants and animals is the best way to get proper nutrition.

Why is your pet dog or cat loved so much...? - Because I have chosen to have a different relationship with that particular species. I am grateful to have the luxury of not having to just kill any animal or starve, so I choose not to eat certain ones (really cute ones, really smart ones...I get that that's kind of arbitrary, but so is which people you decide to hang out with. We draw all kinds of arbitrary lines every day.)

If you loved animals you wouldn’t contribute to their suffering... - The thing is, I don't believe a cow killed quickly and without fear leading up to that experiences prolonged "suffering". (I don't however, eat veal that it raised in little cages, or support certain kinds of product testing. - I do believe in reducing suffering where possible.)
It is possible to reduce suffering by not buying or eating animal products.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter