Do you get food delivered

I live too far out in the Country to get delivery. (I'm a ten minute drive, but most places have a three or five Mile delivery range, and I fall out of that.)

I usually pick it up and stop at a couple of places on the way to do errands.

Really? Almost all of the restaurants here are free delivery (but of course we tip), the prices are the same as pick up.
Just about the only thing that is delivered is pizza, and I can't have pizza. Even for grocery delivery is 30 dollars and I am only 3 miles.....lol they are out of there minds. I would use that for gas...… And I would tip no problem with that.

Really? Almost all of the restaurants here are free delivery (but of course we tip), the prices are the same as pick up.

A lot of new fangled delivery is where the delivery service is separate from the restaurant itself. Stuff like Uber Eats, DoorDash, etc work with restaurants that don't want to invest in their own delivery employees.

All the time. We live in an area where businesses compete to deliver any and everything you could possibly want. The best is when DH and I are not home for the evening and can call dinner in for the kids and pre-pay for the entire thing over the phone. The delivery person arrives, gives them their dinner, and voila - done.

At home, we always pick up or eat there. At work, I typically DoorDash if I need catering or food and I don't want anything on campus. I only leave campus if I absolutely have to because parking is a nightmare and I hate to give up my parking space.

We live in South Florida surrounded by tourists. Restaurants know tourists are willing to pay more for convenience. That means we locals have to do the same, if we want delivery. I don't think the prices increase, but there's almost always a delivery charge on top of the expected tip. (I say I don't think, because I don't really know.) It's worth it, when we don't want to do carry-out, but it does add to the bill.

The only thing cushier than having food delivered to your door is eating out at the restaurant in question... unless it's a dive ;0

Not really - the only thing we do like that is pizza, and we always pick it up. I have been working my way through all the home meal delivery kits with coupons, though, which has been fun.

Not really - the only thing we do like that is pizza, and we always pick it up. I have been working my way through all the home meal delivery kits with coupons, though, which has been fun.

How have those been for you? I am thinking of trying a couple. Its only me at home during the week and I thought maybe doing one of those would get me off the "cereal for supper" kick I have been on. I like trying different things but would like one that has options that I at least know what it is and how its to be cooked (I guess I am envisioning a "chopped" type of situation LOL).

How have those been for you? I am thinking of trying a couple. Its only me at home during the week and I thought maybe doing one of those would get me off the "cereal for supper" kick I have been on. I like trying different things but would like one that has options that I at least know what it is and how its to be cooked (I guess I am envisioning a "chopped" type of situation LOL).

These are the ones we've tried:

Blue Apron - the meals were good, but took much longer to prepare than I'm comfortable with for a weeknight (and I have lots of experience cooking). Lots of unusual spices and sometimes a bit too spicy for my kids, but good for DH and I. If we wanted to reproduce the recipes we would have to buy a lot of things to do so (which is why I now have Za'atar spice and several other random things in my pantry). There is a lot of chopping involved. Comes with just enough food to feed our family (we get the 4-person meals for our family of 5, one of my kids eats very little) with no leftovers.

Hello Fresh - Also good and easier to prepare. Came with a ton of food, we often had enough leftovers for 2 people after four of us ate dinner. Easy enough that my 12 year old prepared several of the meals. We liked it a lot

Plated - We felt like the recipes were too simplistic for the cost - I could have easily replicated many of these with food I already had in the pantry. The meals were quite good, though - I've made several of them again, but we probably wouldn't order meal kits to make them again.

Terra's Kitchen - I've had issues with this one. I had a delivery scheduled for one Saturday and it just never arrived, which messed me up because I'd already done the week's grocery shopping and planned for those meals in my meal plan. They gave me a refund + a $50 credit to the service. I ordered again the next week and I got a cancellation notice midweek citing hurricane delays, even though my area and the area were Terra's Kitchen was located were unaffected by the hurricane. I've got a third order scheduled for this Saturday, mostly to use up the credit I've got, but as of now I'm not impressed.

Hungryroot - This one is coming today. I had a really good coupon (50% off) so it was very affordable. Interested to see if we like it!

I should specify that all of these delivery services are out of my normal budget if I had to pay full price for them - I'm using coupons to get them. I probably wouldn't order from any of them without a coupon. But we'll rotate through them until we run out of coupons to use, because it's kind of fun trying them, and it's teaching my 12 year old to cook.

These are the ones we've tried:

Blue Apron - the meals were good, but took much longer to prepare than I'm comfortable with for a weeknight (and I have lots of experience cooking). Lots of unusual spices and sometimes a bit too spicy for my kids, but good for DH and I. If we wanted to reproduce the recipes we would have to buy a lot of things to do so (which is why I now have Za'atar spice and several other random things in my pantry). There is a lot of chopping involved. Comes with just enough food to feed our family (we get the 4-person meals for our family of 5, one of my kids eats very little) with no leftovers.

Hello Fresh - Also good and easier to prepare. Came with a ton of food, we often had enough leftovers for 2 people after four of us ate dinner. Easy enough that my 12 year old prepared several of the meals. We liked it a lot

Plated - We felt like the recipes were too simplistic for the cost - I could have easily replicated many of these with food I already had in the pantry. The meals were quite good, though - I've made several of them again, but we probably wouldn't order meal kits to make them again.

Terra's Kitchen - I've had issues with this one. I had a delivery scheduled for one Saturday and it just never arrived, which messed me up because I'd already done the week's grocery shopping and planned for those meals in my meal plan. They gave me a refund + a $50 credit to the service. I ordered again the next week and I got a cancellation notice midweek citing hurricane delays, even though my area and the area were Terra's Kitchen was located were unaffected by the hurricane. I've got a third order scheduled for this Saturday, mostly to use up the credit I've got, but as of now I'm not impressed.

Hungryroot - This one is coming today. I had a really good coupon (50% off) so it was very affordable. Interested to see if we like it!

I should specify that all of these delivery services are out of my normal budget if I had to pay full price for them - I'm using coupons to get them. I probably wouldn't order from any of them without a coupon. But we'll rotate through them until we run out of coupons to use, because it's kind of fun trying them, and it's teaching my 12 year old to cook.

Thanks! I have heard a lot of good stuff about Hello Fresh. I think I will start with that one.

No. No particular reason. If we’re going out to eat, we GO OUT. Otherwise, we eat at home. Occasionally, DH picks up pizza on his way home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter