Do you get food delivered

When I worked I would get Jimmy Johns delivered to save time. At home we pickup or eat out :thumbsup2. The only delivery we do is on vacation when we are down the shore. Easier then one of us circling the block while the other goes in to get it.

We've always picked it up but then I'm pretty much always just ordering pizza or subs, nothing else around these parts.

We always pick up, even though we have a lot of delivery options...we have dogs, and I hate anyone who rings my doorbell and makes them bark! We have a Ring doorbell with the little camera, and FedEx/UPS/mail always use it, and the dogs know someone is at the door when the alert goes off on my phone but they don't freak out, they just run over there and whine a little . But when someone rings the actual bell that echoes through the house, all heck breaks loose. That alone makes it worth going to pick stuff up, lol!

I live in the middle of nowhere, no one delivers!!!!! I do order pantry items from Amazon once in awhile. The last time we did delivery was our 1st night at Disneyland. We got to the hotel around 9 pm and were too tired to go to Downtown Disney. So we called up a local place and got delivery. Worth every penny!

Do you get food delivered

YES, by a trio of individuals.

Me, Myself and I

Rarely... sometimes if I am sick and I did it a lot when I injured my leg (couldn't stand too long to cook and driving any more then I had to was too painful). I will next Friday because I leave for Disney the day after and have a ton to do that evening, but won't be hungry to pick up anything when I leave work early at 2:30. So Door Dash for me!

We get our take outs delivered. It works out cheaper with deals at certain places like Dominos and they deliver faster than I could pick up - oven to motorbike to front door. No mucking about driving all over the place.

I DO have a tale of woe though. We used to get Chinese food (yum!) from a deliver firm called Dinner2Go who acted as an intermediary. The food took THREE HOURS and was cold and inedible. I'd actually called up no hour prior to delivery and said, "forget about it, maybe next time". The food was still forthcoming. We turned it away, very politely all things considered.

The owner of Dinner2Go phoned us, saying we should have accepted the chewy, inedible garbage he was passing off as food. So he goes to my dear mum, "Enjoy your life... BT*CH!" :scared:

We mostly pick up. Not long ago we called for pizza delivery. An hour later, it hadn’t arrived. We called to follow up, and they had lost our order.

We usually pick up.

The last time we tried to have pizza delivered, we ordered through the website and specified the time that we wanted it delivered. You could select quarter-of-an-hour increments. It was for a birthday party. It arrived more than an hour ahead of the scheduled time -- our guests hadn't even arrived yet! They tried to tell me that "delivery times are approximate." (I could understand them saying that if I was annoyed about 10 minutes... but it was 70 minutes!) They ultimately ended up re-delivering fresh pizza at the original time, and let us keep the early ones too... so we had leftover pizza for days. I felt bad for making them re-do them, but I also didn't want to serve my guests warmed-over pizza.

We have a Ring doorbell with the little camera, and FedEx/UPS/mail always use it, and the dogs know someone is at the door when the alert goes off on my phone but they don't freak out, they just run over there and whine a little . But when someone rings the actual bell that echoes through the house, all heck breaks loose. That alone makes it worth going to pick stuff up, lol!

Disconnect that doorbell & take it off the front entrance.

That's our family thing - Friday nights we order delivery from either Uber Eats or Door Dash. Door Dash has several options with free delivery and that makes it worthwhile.

Only pizza. And traffic has gotten so bad that it's barely warm when it arrives. And I'm only a mile and a quarter from the pizza place. Not the fault of the driver so we heat it up in the oven.

That's why I don't have food from other places - if I have to reheat it after waiting 45 minutes for it to arrive I might as well cook myself.

We will sometimes order from the Chinese restaurant that is about a mile away. Usually it’s because we both are sick or the weather is bad but sometimes “just because.”

Otherwise I’d rather pick stuff up rather than pay extra.

I live in an area where I have dozens of delivery options, but I don't recall ordering anything for delivery in almost 30 years. Maybe Domino's once.

I'll go there for their $7.99 takeout special though. Looks like a $5.99 large 2-topping special for this week. Their specials are far more limited if there's delivery.

Well - the joke when I bring a pizza home is that I ring the doorbell and ask "Did someone order a pizza?" Occasionally my wife will take the pizza and close the door on me.

Yes.
We are a one car family and that car is often out of town with DH.

If I'Ve had a long/busy day and not made it to the store or are not up for cooking I might order pizza or asian take out (only a few places deliver to my town).

You mean like prepared food? Rarely and only if we are having people over. In my 11+ years at my house I believe I've had pizza delivered 5 times. We do get meal services delivered and our current go-to is Home Chef. It gives us a few days where we don't have to shop for our meal ingredients.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!