Do you ever get Disneyed out???

But that's the great thing... now trying other things.

Grand Hotel - Michigan, and now DVC Vero....

maybe a DVC cruise... lots of options....

GOldi

Change your expectations!

Sometimes I think people get "Disneyed Out", as they are calling it, because they feel that they have to "do" the whole Disney experience.

For me, going to Disney is merely that . . . going to Disney.

If I want to hit the parks, I hit 'em. If I want to go out to eat, I do that. If I want to stroll through Downtown Disney and visit several of the resorts, I do that.

I purchase an annual pass so that I don't feel I wasted money if I just go into the parks for a meal or a parade or fireworks.

I take it at my own pace and do not let the "hype" of the Disney experience lead me.

I think that if people tried it that way -- and I know a number who do -- there would not be the "Disneyed Out" experience.

And, when you get back home and people ask, "What did you do?" meaning what specific parks did you hit, how much time did you spend, et cetera, you just look 'em in the eye and say, "What did I do? I had fun, that's what I did. I did what I wanted and enjoyed every minute of it."

That's my thought on this topc . . . which, I might add, is a pretty interesting one. Thanks to the OP!

Sometimes I think people get "Disneyed Out", as they are calling it, because they feel that they have to "do" the whole Disney experience.

If I want to hit the parks, I hit 'em. If I want to go out to eat, I do that. If I want to stroll through Downtown Disney and visit several of the resorts, I do that.

I purchase an annual pass so that I don't feel I wasted money if I just go into the parks for a meal or a parade or fireworks.

I take it at my own pace and do not let the "hype" of the Disney experience lead me.

I think that if people tried it that way -- and I know a number who do -- there would not be the "Disneyed Out" experience.

And, when you get back home and people ask, "What did you do?" meaning what specific parks did you hit, how much time did you spend, et cetera, you just look 'em in the eye and say, "What did I do? I had fun, that's what I did. I did what I wanted and enjoyed every minute of it."

That's my thought on this topc . . . which, I might add, is a pretty interesting one. Thanks to the OP!

That isn't really the problem with us. The problem for us is that regardless of whether you are sitting by the pool or playing golf or in line for Mission:Space, its Disney - it has a feel to it. And for us, that is a great 'every few years' vacation. But there are so many other experiences to be had that don't feel like Disney - climbing runes in Mexico, seeing Monterey, going snorkling, canoeing and camping - that when we spend too much of our time, money and energy at Disney, we feel cheated out of the wider world. And that "feel" is a sanitized, comfortable, artificial feel - which we do enjoy - but which we find it possible to burn out on.

I'm not Disney'd out, just disney parked out. We go in Oct and we are planning on not going back until 2010 or 2011. Until then, we are going on the EB Panama Canal cruise (just DH and I for our 20th) next year, and maybe going to HH in 09. and if we get the Disney bug, more than likely we will do a quicky trip down to DL. Next big trip I want to take my brother and his family to Star Wars weekends, if they are still doing them in 2010.

I think for us, it was beggining to happen until we joined DVC and really took advantage of it. What I mean is, we no longer hit the parks hard. Somedays we dont get to the parks til 3! Somedays we dont get to the parks at all. We love relaxing at our resort. Or trying something new like horseback riding at FW or mouseboating. Someday we are gonna go bassfishing. WDW offers lots of other things to do.

But I agree with another poster who said try some of Disneys other resorts like Vero or HH. There are several DVCers who go to WDW and never step foot into a park. I could see myself doing that ;)

I'm the same - not Disneyed out exactly but perhaps a little Parked out. There were times in our last trip, when I really didn't want to go to a park very much. I much preferred just relaxing around OKW. After we finish "the year of the APs", I could see DW and myself very easily going down to WDW, staying at AKV and not going to any parks at all. When we do this, I think the only thing I will really miss is WS at Epcot. I love to just wonder around WS and people watch. I also love sitting out in the garden at the Rose and Crown looking out at WS lagoon and drinking some Harp.

I can also see us doing a Florida trip but staying at a DVC resort. We've never been to Celebration. Plus this may be heresy, but I'd like to checkout Sea World and Universal some (especially after the Harry Potter section opens). I'd like to ride over to Tampa also as well as go to the Space Center. There is lots to do without setting foot in a Disney park. DW would like it if we did nothing but lay out around the pool reading all day or sitting out on our balcony watching the animals.

We go every two years as coming over from the UK is not cheap these days and I really hate economy as it's so cramped, so we save more money and always upgrade. We have found that we have enough points for a 2 bedroom apartment at OKW every two years, so we never have too much Disney.

Our next visit is April 2008 and the excitement to go back is already growing!

I was Disneyed out once too! But then I woke up and realized it was all a dream, like that Dallas season....whew!

My DH and I never get Disney'd out but my DD is starting to. She will be 15 in August. We went for 10 days in April and we are going back for a week in August because I found great flight fares so of course we had to go!;) At first my DD was not very happy. I told her she could bring her best friend along and that we would get a 2 bdrm. We have never stayed in a 2 bdrm before and I'm looking forward to it. I just hope the 2bdrm doesn't spoil me too much. If it does, I may just come down with another case of Addonitis!:rotfl:

I was starting to feel Disneyed out after going to both WDW & DL several times over the last two years, so we put in for an exchange to Kauai for Fall 2008, but I'm already planning a Fall 2009 WDW trip.

I can always make a quickie trip to DL if I need a fix.

But there are so many other experiences to be had that don't feel like Disney - climbing runes in Mexico, seeing Monterey, going snorkling, canoeing and camping - that when we spend too much of our time, money and energy at Disney, we feel cheated out of the wider world. And that "feel" is a sanitized, comfortable, artificial feel - which we do enjoy - but which we find it possible to burn out on.
I think this sums up our feelings. We enjoy Disney very much, but we enjoy other things too.

For the last three years, we've gone to WDW twice a year. We do short trips because we live so close -- usually 4-5 days each. But this year, we are skipping our November trip and going to Boston in September, mostly to see family. We'll go to WDW in May, but if we can, we may squeeze in a ski trip before that.

Or, we may head west to some National Parks in late summer. It's time for DD5-going-on-25 to start earning Jr. Ranger badges. She's got a very good sense of natural wonder from the Everglades, but we want her to expand that part of her world as well as enjoying Disney.

We love Disney, but there are certainly many other places to go and many wonderful things to do. I think we'll eventually evolve into a pattern of one 7-day Disney trip and one longer nature trip each year.

But this year, we are skipping our November trip and going to Boston in September, mostly to see family. We'll go to WDW in May, but if we can, we may squeeze in a ski trip before that.

I went to Boston for the first time last year on business. I really enjoyed that city and spent much of my time saying "when the kids are a few years older, we have to come here." Maybe take a two week summer vacation and go from Washington DC up through NYC (where we have relatives to visit).

The national parks thing reminds me - my son would love Mammoth Cave - maybe next summer.

We took the kids to Monterey/SF this year. Saw the Monterey aquarium. Rode a trolley car, visited Alcatraz. Just a really short trip, but nothing at Disney feels like Alcatraz, Disney is never going to teach my kids about life on Cannery Row and the Living Seas is a poor substitute for the Monterey Bay aquairum. I go out that direction at least every few years for business and the kids have been promised whale watching on a subsequent trip.

One can never be too thin, too rich nor have enough Disney! :yay:

Great minds think alike. I will say I have used my points at many of the concierge collection hotels for a change of pace. I have also used my points for different types of vacations. Dh & I went by ourselves for the 1st time this past march and August I will be on a girls only trip to celebrate a friends 5 year cancer free anniversary. So each one of those trips have been a very different experience.

Wilderness lodge has made us want to see the real rockies and grand canyon so we plan on a trip out west soon

NAH!! ;) DF is already counting down for our May 2008 trip. Of course he's not counting down to our Hawaiian cruise for our honeymoon, but he's counting down Disney! :)

I was really afraid that me and my DH would get Disneyed out when we moved from Raleigh, NC to West Palm Beach, Florida. In NC we went about every 6 monthes or so and usually averaged about 2 times a year, but that was never enough!!!:rotfl: Now that we are only just over 2 hours away we go about every 6 weeks and I have yet to get fried on Disney. :cool1:

Now we spend a lot of time at the resorts and trying new dining experiences, etc... We try to do something different everytime. Plus we try to throw in a Disney Cruise at least 1 to 2 times a year to get a different Disney experience. I think that adds a little flavor in there...:dance3:

We make each of our trips very different...stay at a different DVC...do different parks (we don't ever do all 4 in one trip any more)...eat at different restaurants, etc. We also go much more slowly...more off days at the pool, etc.

Or--you can do Sea World for a day or any of the other offsite attractions. We tend to forget that there is tons to do in the Orlando/Central Florida area.

I had my big trip in May with 5 nights at Disney and the Disney Wonder and then a great ding came along so I went back to VWL in June for the weekend. Well I am a lifetime disney fan I have gone my whole like and felt like a child every time. But now I just feel overwhelmed with the thought of going back in December.:confused3 I have my parents coming so I can't change it but dare I say it, I am almost sick of disney.:scared1: Have you ever felt this way how did you get over it?? I am thinking my Spring Vacation I will go to Vero for a change of pace. Please help!!:flower3:

:eek: NO WAY! NEVER! :eek:

Not even after over 20 years!
:confused3

We do the same thing. My DW and I were there last week for 5 days and only went to the parks 3 days. We do get AP so we feel that we do not have to go to parks every day. One day we slept in until 11:00 AM and one day just went to the pool at SSR. We even schedule going to the coastal beach once or twice for a change of pace. We are lucky to be only 5-1/2 hrs away and can visit WDW for 4-5 trips a year.

DH does. I'm usually okay as long as I get to do different things or maybe experience something new.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter