Do you ever get Disneyed out???

dvcnewgirl

<font color=green>Williamsburg, VA<br><font color=
I had my big trip in May with 5 nights at Disney and the Disney Wonder and then a great ding came along so I went back to VWL in June for the weekend. Well I am a lifetime disney fan I have gone my whole like and felt like a child every time. But now I just feel overwhelmed with the thought of going back in December.:confused3 I have my parents coming so I can't change it but dare I say it, I am almost sick of disney.:scared1: Have you ever felt this way how did you get over it?? I am thinking my Spring Vacation I will go to Vero for a change of pace. Please help!!:flower3:

I know exactly what you are saying, while I love Disney, it kills me that the kids don't have the "excitement" they used to have. My neice was all wide eyed and excited, my son, well he was more excited because we were flying Jet blue and he would have a TV!!! pretty sad!!

Our next trip may be a big family trip - 10 of us, but not until 11/08, seems so far away, but maybe it will help put the "magic" back in our stays!

It's nice that you can bank your points and take a bit of a break from DVC, or use your points elsewhere to take a break. My wife gets disneyed out faster than I do.

When I read your title my first response was "Say it ain't so!"

After reading your post, I'm thinking you need to head to Vero and enjoy a different Disney Experience!:wizard:
We never go to Disney during peak crowd periods. Crowds don't make me feel magical!

I do, which is why we own points only to go every other year. With kids, that creates enough of a different trip each time as they kids outgrow Fantasyland and grow into MGM.

As of now, none of us are Disneyed out, however, I can see it happening. It seems to me the key would be to keep it "mixed up." Go different times of the year perhaps with different people - not always the same schedule or for the same length of time. Skip a couple of parks one time then hit those the next time or skip all of them one time. Book your home resort sometimes and surprise yourself other times by taking what resorts are available at the 7 mo. mark.(Be sure to book your home at 11 mo. to be assured a ressie, though) Add in other vacations using II, concierge or OOP on occasion. Bank a year and save for a cruise or an extra special Disney celebration.

I think lots of times we end up locked in a rut with vacations. Staying flexible and changing things up a bit, I am hoping will help us avoid Disney burn-out because we have 40-50 years to go!

One can never be too thin, too rich nor have enough Disney! :yay:

I had the same problem last year. I went with husband and friends in May, then again in Sept with my sister and cousin and then again in Dec with just my husband. Honestly, the thought of the Dec did not thrill me when I got back from WDW in Sept.

But by the time Dec came around, I was ready to return!:santa: The thought of the parks being decorated and the wonderful music made me all warm and fuzzy.

This year we have no AP, so the trips are not as often. We are going in Sept/Oct (for free dining and to try out SSR) and then again in Dec (that is a must time to go for us). I am ready for both!

ebenmax had great suggestions. We also "abstain" from visiting all the parks when we visit. Usually we alternate between skipping MGM and AK. Then we skip certain rides at MK and EPCOT (like no haunted mansion this time and skip pirates next time).

We also try to do something new each time we go for a new experience. And we also try to get the most out of each resort we stay at. I think if we had to go and visit each park and do every ride, we would not look forward to going as often as we do.

Yes- I do get over Disney'd. I once went twice within a year and it was too much. Every 18 - 24 months scratches me where I itch. Also, there are so many other places we would like to try and we don't have the time or money to do Disney PLUS another vacation every year.

When our kids (3) were young, travel was much more complicated, not only at WDW, but also anywhere else. No matter how well they behaved, the needs and interests of 5 people (even if those people were children) wouldn't always be the same, so more detailed planning was required. :hyper:
So yes, after 10 days-2 weeks at WDW, we generally were ready to go home and not return 'til the following year (none of us ever got that tired of Disney :laughing: ).
Now that it's just DH and me, our travel (anywhere) is completely different (unless we're seeing the kids and their families :rotfl2: ). We relax, we stroll, we "nosh", we "observe" and we enjoy. And we have found that one of the best places to do that is at WDW. :hippie:
So at this stage of our lives, our answer would be a resounding NO!:thumbsup2

Hasn't happened to me yet, but we only go to WDW once each year. Hope I never reach a point like the OP is experiencing.

Do you think that I traveled in June (HOT) on the weekend (CROWDED) and with a 4 year old and a 9 month old. (HECTIC) and that SWA broke my double stroller had anything to do with my Disney burn out????:confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :eek:

NEVER!!!

I only average about once a year. One year we may go once, the next twice, then not go at all the next. I have always gotten teary-eyed when we have to leave, but it has gotten easier. In fact, after a 9-day trip last October, I really was ready to come home. But we had hit it pretty hard. My brother and SIL went with us and, because it was their first time, I wanted to make sure they experienced it to the hilt. I totally wore them out!

I just can't imagine not getting excited about going. Who can get tired of the "Magic"? I guess I really feel the magic. I transports me from a grandmother to a child again. Who could get tired of that?????

Do you think that I traveled in June (HOT) on the weekend (CROWDED) and with a 4 year old and a 9 month old. (HECTIC) and that SWA broke my double stroller had anything to do with my Disney burn out????:confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :eek:

sounds like travelled out not Disneyed out .... take a deep breath - read a book go for a spa treatment or whatever floats your boat and relaxes you. The "burnt-out" feeling will fade and you will be ready to return

Yes. We can handle the crowds, and we can handle the heat, but put the 2 together and it is too much for us. We mainly visit the world once every 3 years and it is usually not in the HOT season. December will be nice.

I am going to have to admit to the Disney burnout this year.
Same story as an earlier poster....big family trip in June, great ding fares for July so my mom and I decided to return for a 3 day cruise and several days at the world, and have another trip planned for just DH, DD, and myself in November.

I am planning on not doing much in the parks on the July trip. We have a couple of dinner reservations, but I am planning on doing more exploring of OKW and encouraging my DD to enjoy the activities/arts and crafts at the community center.

Personally I can not even imagine being Disneyd out. As soon as I finish one trip I am either planning another one or depressed until I have one to plan. My mother well into her 70's is my Disney Buddy. We go at least once a year and now DD12 and I will make our 2nd girls only trip in Aug. DH would like to go as much as we do but he is unable to get off work as much as me (I have 3 weeks each year) and this year he decided he would rather work his 2nd job. (Refereeing soccer - he just got back from from Michigan.
Now DS17 says the only reason he would go again is because of the great Disney food. However, when free dining came up this year I offered him a chance to go and miss 2 days of school and he turned me down :confused3
Of course I am in Indianapolis with him this week (just the 2 of us) and he tells me he wishes he could go. I have a mother son trip scheduled with him to Mexico but I really am not looking forward to it as much as my Disney trips for the next year or 2.:banana:

I had the same problem last year. I went with husband and friends in May, then again in Sept with my sister and cousin and then again in Dec with just my husband. Honestly, the thought of the Dec did not thrill me when I got back from WDW in Sept.

But by the time Dec came around, I was ready to return!:santa: The thought of the parks being decorated and the wonderful music made me all warm and fuzzy.

My experience exactly! Once the narrators for the CP were announced, the thought of "missing" it was overwhelming. I think one approach should be that if you are getting tired of Disney, take a break from everything Disney (including these boards). Most likely, you'll be back sooner than you realize and raring to go! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter