Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Since you are trying to catch up here. Are you aware of the long awaited Storm Along Bay closure from January thru June 2025?

Also some guest rooms at the YC will be undergoing a refurbishment January - May 2025. Not a clue what some guest rooms indicates but that is what Disney has posted on the YC overview page.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/yacht-club-resort/

Dave
Thanks, Dave... I appreciate your post.

Since we are not big pool people, SAB really won't impact, but the refurb could be an issue... there isn't a lot of availability for our dates at any of the Epcot resorts, so we'll just have to wait and see. We really do like YC, especially rooms that can see the lake and the fireworks. We're oldsters that don't spend a ton of time in the parks and like to sit on the balcony and people/boat watch (and of course nap a bit, so hope they don't switch us around.

Just arrived at YC this morning, got the room ready text while at the pool, a great 4th floor location! We were surprised to find bottled water, a box of chocolates & a lovely note from the manager in our room. Any idea why we would’ve received these nice extras? Or is this a new norm?
We didn't get any of those amenities this past summer. But we did get the 4th floor WV room with fireworks view.

Hi! Trying to decide between the YC, resort view or AKL pool view for Jan 2025. YC is $600 more. Sounds like a lot of construction going on at the YC. Also, Ive been on Touring plans trying to decide on the likelihood of a resort room away from Stormalong Bay being relatively unimpaired by the refurbishment. But many 'resort rooms' on TP show views of the fireworks and sideways views of the lake. Wouldn't those be water views? I'm thinking of the ones that face the gazebo as well as Epcot. Is there such a thing as garden view and standard view anymore or is it now all water view and resort view? I am so confused! Please help!

Hi! Trying to decide between the YC, resort view or AKL pool view for Jan 2025. YC is $600 more. Sounds like a lot of construction going on at the YC. Also, Ive been on Touring plans trying to decide on the likelihood of a resort room away from Stormalong Bay being relatively unimpaired by the refurbishment. But many 'resort rooms' on TP show views of the fireworks and sideways views of the lake. Wouldn't those be water views? I'm thinking of the ones that face the gazebo as well as Epcot. Is there such a thing as garden view and standard view anymore or is it now all water view and resort view? I am so confused! Please help!

It’s only resort & water view. Most of the resort view rooms are on the front side of the resort. Most of the rooms on the back side are water view. But as you noted, there are some resort view rooms on the back side that face the gazebo, or are in a wing but close to the main building & with a straight on view of gardens & shrubs or have views overlooking the roof etc. You could request a room on the front of the resort, or overlooking the tennis court or quiet pool to be away from SAB. Did you know they’re also going to be doing some room renovations as well? They haven’t said how extensive, just that some resort rooms will be undergoing refurbishments.

It’s only resort & water view. Most of the resort view rooms are on the front side of the resort. Most of the rooms on the back side are water view. But as you noted, there are some resort view rooms on the back side that face the gazebo, or are in a wing but close to the main building & with a straight on view of gardens & shrubs or have views overlooking the roof etc. You could request a room on the front of the resort, or overlooking the tennis court or quiet pool to be away from SAB. Did you know they’re also going to be doing some room renovations as well? They haven’t said how extensive, just that some resort rooms will be undergoing refurbishments.
Thank you. No, I didn't know about the room renovations. I had decided to change to the YC as the pool really doesn't bother me much. Room renovations, however, is a deal breaker for me. This is so disappointing. I was really hoping to stay in the Epcot area this time. I would do a split stay, but then I run the risk of not being able to get the dining reservations or ride reservations that I want. The beach club is available, but there is a huge risk of not getting a full balcony there. Another deal breaker. My DH and I use the balcony every day in the morning for coffee and in the evening with a nice drink before bed. Oh well, I do love the AKL!!!!

I would do a split stay, but then I run the risk of not being able to get the dining reservations or ride reservations that I want.
Only ADR selections would possibly be impacted by the split. The LLMP and/or LLSP are not impacted by a Split Stay as long as you don't have a break that involves being off-site during your visit.

Dave

Only ADR selections would possibly be impacted by the split. The LLMP and/or LLSP are not impacted by a Split Stay as long as you don't have a break that involves being off-site during your visit.

Dave
Oh, thank you! I did not know that..maybe I will change to a split stay then. I will have to think about it. I really wanted. a fireworks dining at the Rose and Crown and haven't been able to get the ADR in recent years.
Have you considered the BWI? It beats the BC on balcony ratio by a long shot. Same general location around Crescent Lake.

Dave
It doesn't offer the AP discount (for our dates) that brings the price into the (relatively) affordable price range for us. But perhaps if I am looking at a shorter time frame, it might be available. Good ideas. Thanks!

Last edited:
Just back from an outstanding week at the YC. Room 4151, was our favorite room we’ve ever had. 2 queens & daybed, close to elevator but was very quiet. We booked resort view but got an amazing view of SAB & fireworks! Mousekeeling also knocked it out of the park with towel animals, birthday cards & balloons. Everytime we go we are reminded of how outstanding the CMs are, the customer service is truly far superior to other high end resorts and it makes such a difference.

Attachments

• IMG_2160.jpeg
    IMG_2160.jpeg
    136.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2464.jpeg
    IMG_2464.jpeg
    54.5 KB · Views: 10
Just back from an outstanding week at the YC. Room 4151, was our favorite room we’ve ever had. 2 queens & daybed, close to elevator but was very quiet. We booked resort view but got an amazing view of SAB & fireworks! Mousekeeling also knocked it out of the park with towel animals, birthday cards & balloons. Everytime we go we are reminded of how outstanding the CMs are, the customer service is truly far superior to other high end resorts and it makes such a difference.
So awesome. That’s what it’s all about. Beautiful picture!

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest