Cake Bake Shop at the BoardWalk opening in 2024

... Disney will help make sure it doesn't fail because it does no good to have an empty building.
Disney may or may not have any control over this restaurant’s operations. This was all done under a Covid-era negotiated lease so it could differ even from their normal leases.

Whoa! A little late to the party, but geez. I was hoping they would be open by my December trip. I was also trying to decide between Blue Ribbon Corn Dogs and CBS. I really thought CBS would win out, but not at $26 for a slice of cake. That’s a bit too high for me unfortunately. I have no doubt it would taste amazing, but a corn dog it is.

FWIW, the cake at Gideons is WAY better and much cheaper. I live near the established locations.
Gideons will be the first stop after dropping off my bags. Gotta have room treats and Gideons is it. Looking forward to that slice of Krumpas Cake!!

When you put an E at the end of salad you can charge way more.

Tuna sandwich - $5.99
Tuna Salade Sandwich - $24

Chicken salad sandwich - $6.99
Chicken Salade Sandwich - $26

And the Po' Boy at $34 isn't what you're eating it's what it's making you...a poor boy!

Sorry I had to! Honestly this place will probably do just fine. There's never a shortage of people at Disney willing to spend an inordinate amount of money on things that they can get and experience much cheaper elsewhere. I mean Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is just a hair salon. The poolside cabanas are just really well covered pool chairs. Savi's workshop is basically the Star Wars section at Target. But put it at Disney and imagine that old cartoon of shaking someone upside down so all their loose money falls out. Me personally I have never thought cakes and desserts from high end bakeries are ever worth it and I have a LOT of high end bakeries by me in NY. I can honestly say I get better, fresher, tastier desserts from the bakery section of my local supermarket. But I can also see there being people who either love what the CBS has to offer or...as many do with high priced items...pretend to like it to justify paying for the experience. To each their own. Our family when in Crescent lake either frequent Trattoria or eat at Epcot or just eat in room being DVC. Maybe we'll try it once? Eh...maybe. We'll see. It doesn't move the needle personally but hope it does for others. Also just looking at the sky high prices this place probably doesn't have to turn over clientele like a quick service to make a buck. I don't think there will be a line out the door but they probably don't need one in order to turn a profit. Just glad no more walls! Between Epcot and this it's just been constant walls. At least this looks better than the airport terminal next door called Communicore Hall!

I just looked at the Cake Bake Shop prices at her other Bake Shops and their prices are significantly less for the same items. But prices at Disney are typically typically higher than you would find outside resort so should be no surprise to us.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest