Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the information and giving me a better perspective on the distance.I have been looking at the map and would rather stay in the 80s section as I relate better to that era, but could not tell by the map the aspect ratio compared to maps of the moderates. Is there more than one door into the food court? or is it just the doors in the middle of classic hall.
I'd probably request building 9. You can cut through the parking lot and go through the Everything Pop store to get to the food court. If you go from the back, you can go right into the foodcourt.

Unfortunately, more often than not incorrect information.

Really? You are the first person who I have heard say that. What is incorrect about it? I mean, it probably needs to be updated since the remodel but from what I have read from others it is very helpful and a lot of people have gotten exactly what they wanted using it. I used it to submit our room request, but we don't stay until June.

Really? You are the first person who I have heard say that. What is incorrect about it? I mean, it probably needs to be updated since the remodel but from what I have read from others it is very helpful and a lot of people have gotten exactly what they wanted using it. I used it to submit our room request, but we don't stay until June.
Overall, I find it useful, though not 100% accurate. I've found some discrepancies at deluxe resorts. Touring Plans has rooms as king beds that are actually two queens (CR Tower club 1-bedroom suite...we got a major complementary upgrade that trip!!), lists some categories incorrectly (pool/marina view at the Polynesian. The room we stayed in at spring break was listed as pool/marina; however, we had booked standard, and when I asked at the resort, they told me the room we were in was, in fact, a standard room), and many of the room views are not accurate (in fact, many are not even available). As a general tool, I find it helpful. I find that, for me, the walking distances are quite accurate. Noise level I take with a grain of salt...noisy neighbors can make a 1 actually turn into a 4. I have a TP subscription for other reasons so use their fax service and have had better success requesting rooms that way than by calling in my requests.

Overall, I find it useful, though not 100% accurate. I've found some discrepancies at deluxe resorts. Touring Plans has rooms as king beds that are actually two queens (CR Tower club 1-bedroom suite...we got a major complementary upgrade that trip!!), lists some categories incorrectly (pool/marina view at the Polynesian. The room we stayed in at spring break was listed as pool/marina; however, we had booked standard, and when I asked at the resort, they told me the room we were in was, in fact, a standard room), and many of the room views are not accurate (in fact, many are not even available). As a general tool, I find it helpful. I find that, for me, the walking distances are quite accurate. Noise level I take with a grain of salt...noisy neighbors can make a 1 actually turn into a 4. I have a TP subscription for other reasons so use their fax service and have had better success requesting rooms that way than by calling in my requests.

Not to be argumentative, but it sounds like you've had one case where the room was classified wrong. I mean they aren't perfect, neither am I ;-) There are a LOT of rooms at WDW, and is it a free service to look at the room finder. I think they do a fine job considering that, and from those I have asked the descriptions have provided good information. I'm sure they appreciated your feedback on your specific error you caught, which I hope you provided, so they can improve their awesome free service for everyone!

And just to clarify, as this is the POP thread, did you find is mostly inaccurate at POP? That was what the previous poster was implying.

Not to be argumentative, but it sounds like you've had one case where the room was classified wrong. I mean they aren't perfect, neither am I ;-) There are a LOT of rooms at WDW, and is it a free service to look at the room finder. I think they do a fine job considering that, and from those I have asked the descriptions have provided good information. I'm sure they appreciated your feedback on your specific error you caught, which I hope you provided, so they can improve their awesome free service for everyone!

And just to clarify, as this is the POP thread, did you find is mostly inaccurate at POP? That was what the previous poster was implying.
I’m not the only one who’s experienced the pool/marina room classification inconsistency at the Poly. Yes, I do provide feedback/take the survey about every trip. I’ve even sent some room view photos from our stays at deluxe resorts when I’ve noticed they don’t have one for that particular room.

In my experience, the information they provide about the rooms at Pop Century seems accurate (noise level aside; it’s fair to assume a preferred pool view room is going to be noisier than a 4th floor lake-facing room, but noisy neighbors can make a room in a quieter location the opposite of quiet...so I take noise level with a grain of salt). Personally, I find the distance to transportation the most helpful. I also like seeing how many rooms there are in the hallways. Another thing I like are the reviews of the rooms from people who have stayed in the rooms. Once or twice it’s helped me avoid a location that might seem nice but is noisy or near a smoking area.

I think the room finder and fax service offered by TP is tremendously helpful, and I will continue to use it (even for rooms at the Poly).

Thanks for the ideas about Touring Plans' rooms. That was really helpful!

On a different note - How long do you usually end up waiting for the shuttles in the evening? We are going in June and planning to leave MK at 10/10:30 p.m. (extended hours are until 1:00). We are wondering if we'd be better off driving since we'll have a car.

I have used TP to request rooms at Pop numerous times and I agree with you that I find their information to be very helpful and accurate as far as Pop is concerned.

Thanks for the ideas about Touring Plans' rooms. That was really helpful!

On a different note - How long do you usually end up waiting for the shuttles in the evening? We are going in June and planning to leave MK at 10/10:30 p.m. (extended hours are until 1:00) We are wondering if we'd be better off driving since we'll have a car.
If you leave after fireworks your wait will be longer but that will be the case for all Disney transportation. (Not sure what time fireworks are planned for your nights.)

I often leave at park closing which means longer waits for buses (realistically some nights it is about 30 mins in line until I can board a bus but it’s often shorter.). Should you take your own vehicle the wait may be less but it will also require taking either monorail or boat plus often a second wait at a tram to get to your car.

Thank you! The fireworks are at 9:15, but we don't plan to leave right after them. I hadn't thought about the boat/monorail and tram combo...good points.

Unfortunately, more often than not incorrect information.

I know since all the renovation at POP they need to do a major update for that resort but otherwise I have found them mostly accurate and very helpful with my room requests at the moderates and values.

I know since all the renovation at POP they need to do a major update for that resort but otherwise I have found them mostly accurate and very helpful with my room requests at the moderates and values.
I have been in touch with TP since the room refurbishments, sharing in particular about the big change to some rooms having only a shower. They are going to reach out to Disney to see if they are able to get updated information on the rooms to update their website. They shared that they try to work with Disney to get the particulars about what is inside each room.

Really? You are the first person who I have heard say that. What is incorrect about it?

Incorrect room type, incorrect views, and incorrect bed types.

I mean, it probably needs to be updated since the remodel.

I found many of the above examples before the remodel.

But from what I have read from others it is very helpful and a lot of people have gotten exactly what they wanted using it.

Yes they are successful with informing the resort what the guest's requests are.

Last edited:
DBF and I were just talking about what happens when mousekeeping is declined, his concern is trash and towels. I told him that when we need new towels we can call or go to the front desk to gethem and leave our trash outside our door. Is this correct? I've seen a lot of different reports about what to do, so i want to make sure we're doing the right thing.

Also, I was getting ready to start putting stuff into our instacart cart and our only options are CVS, Whole Foods and Costco? Last year we used Publix, and i thought Safeway was available. What grocery service does everyone use at Pop? I don't want to use Garden Grocer.

DBF and I were just talking about what happens when mousekeeping is declined, his concern is trash and towels. I told him that when we need new towels we can call or go to the front desk to gethem and leave our trash outside our door. Is this correct? I've seen a lot of different reports about what to do, so i want to make sure we're doing the right thing.

Also, I was getting ready to start putting stuff into our instacart cart and our only options are CVS, Whole Foods and Costco? Last year we used Publix, and i thought Safeway was available. What grocery service does everyone use at Pop? I don't want to use Garden Grocer.
I think I’ve seen reports from people who have been able to order directly from Safeway. I’ve never tried it. I usually use Orlando Grocery Express.

I think I’ve seen reports from people who have been able to order directly from Safeway. I’ve never tried it. I usually use Orlando Grocery Express.

Thanks, it worked :) I searched safeway grocery delivery and it gave me a regular option (safeway) and a rush option (instacart), the regular one worked. Now i'm off to search the boards to see if i can find feedback.

How long does it take to get to MK,EP,HS,AK,DS using disney bus transportation from Pop? Also, what is the best way to get to/from waterparks from Pop?
I am sure this question might be already answered on this thread somewhere but with over 500 pages I thought it would be faster to ask again

How long does it take to get to the following using disney bus transportation from Pop?

MK - 17-19 minutes
EP - 7-9 minutes
HS - 6-8 minutes
AK - 12-14 minutes
DS - 9-10 minutes

Also, what is the best way to get to/from waterparks from Pop?

Depends on your definition of best.

Cheapest = WDW bus
Fastest/easiest = Taxi, Uber, Lyft or Minnie Van

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter