Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

Can you order off their regular dinner menu or is there a separate bar menu?
It's the regular menu! When I was there in August I ordered the lobster bisque as a light dinner and they brought me the huge loaf of bread that they normally bring to the table when you're dining at a table. I was surprised but happy to get the bread. It's outstanding. As is the lobster bisque.

How hard is it to get a couple of seats together at Narcoossee's bar? We were at GF earlier this month. We had long lines to get into ER and the bar at Citricos was packed too, which I've never seen before. It didn't occur to me to try Narcoossee's for walk up cocktails and apps.
I've never had trouble getting a seat. When I went in August, I happened to be in the main building and thought I'd grab a bite at ER. The line for ER was out the door and all the way to the staircase. I was like "nope" and headed to Narcoossee's where I strolled right in and sat down. A group of 3 followed, and several couples. Here's a photo of the bar and my lobster bisque and bread. IMG_6495 (1).jpgIMG_6496 (1).jpgIMG_6497 (1).jpg

It's the regular menu! When I was there in August I ordered the lobster bisque as a light dinner and they brought me the huge loaf of bread that they normally bring to the table when you're dining at a table. I was surprised but happy to get the bread. It's outstanding. As is the lobster bisque.
We have been dining at Narcoossee’s every year, for many years now, and I’ve said since day 1, their bread and butter is incredible. And I do not put butter on bread, ever, except for here. So good!!! 😋

I apologize if this has been asked and answered already, but is there ongoing construction/refurbishment in the villa section--or is it just in the main building and amenities? I will be staying at the villas at the end of January and am trying to prepare myself for what to expect. Thank you!

I apologize if this has been asked and answered already, but is there ongoing construction/refurbishment in the villa section--or is it just in the main building and amenities? I will be staying at the villas at the end of January and am trying to prepare myself for what to expect. Thank you!
If you scroll back a page or two, you will see the current construction, which is patio work, out front of Gasparilla’s. There is no other construction or refurbishment going on at this time. All rooms have been refurbished. Rumor is, the lobby construction will start after the holidays. Nothing has been announced by Disney, so no one knows for sure. Hope that helps.

If you scroll back a page or two, you will see the current construction, which is patio work, out front of Gasparilla’s. There is no other construction or refurbishment going on at this time. All rooms have been refurbished. Rumor is, the lobby construction will start after the holidays. Nothing has been announced by Disney, so no one knows for sure. Hope that helps.
Any guesses on what the lobby work might encompass? The website does make clear the lobby will remain open and functional during construction, so curious what they might be doing.

Any guesses on what the lobby work might encompass? The website does make clear the lobby will remain open and functional during construction, so curious what they might be doing.
I’d assume new rug, furniture and or new upholstery, new CM desks (or removal of existing desks), update all other stores/restaurants that need it, etc. I assume they’ll do in sections, where possible. It would be great if they made an announcement of some sort, as to a timeframe, but I don’t think it’s likely. Maybe we’ll get a nice surprise soon! lol

Thanks for all the great pics @trishadono

I'm missing my happy place, need to win the lottery for a trip but visiting this thread
and planning faux trips help!

We were in the villas earlier this month. Nothing there was under construction, but the Island Tower construction at Poly was quite close. It didn't bother us, but the path to Poly (and along to TTC) was very closed.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest