Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Seeing all these Poly pics is getting me even more excited to get back to the Poly this fall and experience CL there :goodvibes.

I'm late to your post here, sorry to respond to something a few days old.

I have stayed in both room categories. WL Deluxe Room in Nov 2016 and RPC standard view Feb 2016, just for some context. My WL trip was right after the new/relocated lounge had opened.

I'll first say, I loved the WL lounge and the food offerings there. At the time I thought it was just about the best CL food/beverage offerings we had experienced in our travels. The resort has alot of great qualities and the lounge is just such a nice space to spend time.

But, I'll be honest - I was not a fan of the WL Deluxe Rooms. I wrote about our experience here:
WL Deluxe Room-Nov 2016

Keep scrolling a few pages and you'll see more thoughts on the room, pics of the lounge (obviously offerings may have changed by now).

Most of my somewhat negative opinion had to do with our style. We tend to enjoy the CL lounges, like to pop in/out quickly, grab a drink, etc. Given a choice, I'd rather my room be close to the lounge at any given resort.

The WL Deluxe Rooms are the furthest rooms from the lounge in whole resort. It was consistently 2 minutes and 40 seconds from room to lounge. Our AKL CL room had a similar distance to the lounge, but I didn't mind it there at all. At WL, going to the lounge was more of a chore - no "running back to the room to grab X or Y."

I'll also give somewhat low marks as to the functionality of the room. For the four of us, we "live" much better in a GF room than the WL Deluxe Room, which sounds counter-intuitive given the space difference I know... but hard to explain.

Anyway - I'm sorry to be kind of negative... that's not usually my style around here because that room type could absolutely be wonderful for certain folks/CL habits. It just wasn't a great fit for us.

TLDR - Ignoring cost for the moment, I'd opt for GF RPC standard room over a WL Deluxe Room 9 times out of 10.

Hope that helps!

Hurray, @GADisneyDad14 , I was hoping you would weigh in! You were so helpful in my planning for our holiday 2017 trip (Sugarloaf/ RPC TPV split). A few follow-up points/questions please, if you don't mind!

We are generally not super adventurous- once we find something we like (GF!), we tend to stick to it! The GF theme, transportation options, sleep five rooms, balconies, and nice amount and variety of food offerings in the lounge were all a match for us. However, we're also drawn to the (relative) quiet at WL, and the positive reviews of the CL experience there. **Would you consider one of the standard WL CL rooms (not deluxe) over RPC, or does RPC still win in your mind?**

Also, did you find the standard view RPC rooms to be satisfactory? We had TPV, which obviously was fantastic, but probably wouldn't spring for RPC TPV next time, as I didn't have a great split stay transition and may like to avoid a split stay.

As I review photos and reports of the CL food offerings, though the WL choices look wonderful, they seem to be limited and very themed- stews, cobblers, etc. I think it's wonderful that they stick with the theme of the resort, however, I don't know that that would be a match for picky children! We also have some minor medical issues that make a plentiful CL 'spread' important. So the GF CL food seems to be a win for us here. Do you have any further input regarding the CL food comparison between the two resorts, as you've experienced both?

To your point of 'ignoring the cost for the moment', we are not AP holders and I highly doubt we'll get a discount on WL CL or RPC, so given that we pay rack rate, it is a consideration. However, while we won't be staying in a Poly bungalow (sadly!), we would go for RPC if it's the best fit for us.

THANK YOU so very much in advance for your input! While we are more recently doing an OKW 2BR Villa in the spring with a larger party, the CL lover in me can't stop planning our next CL stay! :thanks::thanks::thanks:

Last edited:
Gee, wonder why you left off the fresh cut fruit and fresh cut veggies that all CL have? The plain oatmeal, hard boiled eggs?
I've never seen pizza, corn dogs or chicken nuggets in the food offerings in CL either.
I'm pretty sure no one said there is no junk food but it's not garbage either.
Gee, maybe it was because I was specifically responding to another post, and specifically posting a list unhealthy foods offered in the CL's.

I think you only read part of what I posted. Which, to be fair, you've done a few times to me now. I VERY SPECIFICALLY said that I often look for healthy items and actually order them, but that requires some effort to FIND those items.

Many of the foods I listed are CL foods that were based in images posted in the last 5 pages of this thread. If you like, I can bother to repost some of that information.

I've posted many times on this subject. Simply, WDW has the potential to be better.

Hurray, @GADisneyDad14 , I was hoping you would weigh in! You were so helpful in my planning for our holiday 2017 trip (Sugarloaf/ RPC TPV split). A few follow-up points/questions please, if you don't mind!

We are generally not super adventurous- once we find something we like (GF!), we tend to stick to it! The GF theme, transportation options, sleep five rooms, balconies, and nice amount and variety of food offerings in the lounge were all a match for us. However, we're also drawn to the (relative) quiet at WL, and the positive reviews of the CL experience there. **Would you consider one of the standard WL CL rooms (not deluxe) over RPC, or does RPC still win in your mind?**

Also, did you find the standard view RPC rooms to be satisfactory? We had TPV, which obviously was fantastic, but probably wouldn't spring for RPC TPV next time, as I didn't have a great split stay transition and may like to avoid a split stay.

As I review photos and reports of the CL food offerings, though the WL choices look wonderful, they seem to be limited and very themed- stews, cobblers, etc. I think it's wonderful that they stick with the theme of the resort, however, I don't know that that would be a match for picky children! We also have some minor medical issues that make a plentiful CL 'spread' important. So the GF CL food seems to be a win for us here. Do you have any further input regarding the CL food comparison between the two resorts, as you've experienced both?

To your point of 'ignoring the cost for the moment', we are not AP holders and I highly doubt we'll get a discount on WL CL or RPC, so given that we pay rack rate, it is a consideration. However, while we won't be staying in a Poly bungalow (sadly!), we would go for RPC if it's the best fit for us.

THANK YOU so very much in advance for your input! While we are more recently doing an OKW 2BR Villa in the spring with a larger party, the CL lover in me can't stop planning our next CL stay! :thanks::thanks::thanks:
Hope you don't mind me butting in?

I have done wl cl and gf sl and rpc. I loved the old style lounge at wl but havent done the new one. However I can use my imagination. The wl deluxe rooms can be far from the lounge. However the food is good and the views of the lobby are wonderful.

I enjoy sl for the food/beverages and building convenience at GF. However RPC is the most relaxing if the budget can handle it. I was so excited to get a whol 40% off for sept!

For rpc rooms 4x23-28 are in the atrium with views of poly/vgf/kids splash area. 4x13-18 have lovely courtyard views. 4x18 has a nice view of the HEA too. Our neighbors 4x17 were also on balcony viewing too.

If you want more space call and ask about the deluxe QUEEN rooms in rpc. I have seen them (@Dispro1 ) gets them. The have 2 q's and a sofa sleeper and sleep 6. Surprisingly they dont cost much more they just are not listed on the website.

View from 4327
fe8c6f56-93f3-4b28-b3cc-374bfe5f42e2-jpeg.326264
ab658136-bf0c-4731-9a02-5b86fe753061-jpeg.326263

img_3121-jpg.286281
img_3122-jpg.286282
img_3116-jpg.286280

a bunch of rpc pix here:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...tion-questions.3336950/page-552#post-59296548

I have done wl cl and gf sl and rpc. I loved the old style lounge at wl but havent done the new one. However I can use my imagination. The wl deluxe rooms can be far from the lounge. However the food is good and the views of the lobby are wonderful.

I enjoy sl for the food/beverages and building convenience at GF. However RPC is the most relaxing if the budget can handle it. I was so excited to get a whol 40% off for sept!

For rpc rooms 4x23-28 are in the atrium with views of poly/vgf/kids splash area. 4x13-18 have lovely courtyard views. 4x18 has a nice view of the HEA too. Our neighbors 4x17 were also on balcony viewing too.

If you want more space call and ask about the deluxe QUEEN rooms in rpc. I have seen them (@Dispro1 ) gets them. The have 2 q's and a sofa sleeper and sleep 6. Surprisingly they dont cost much more they just are not listed on the website.

View from 4327

img_3121-jpg.286281
img_3122-jpg.286282
img_3116-jpg.286280

a bunch of rpc pix here:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...tion-questions.3336950/page-552#post-59296548

@trishadono , I'm THRILLED you are 'butting in'! Thank you so much for your awesome response! I am also super jealous you got a 40% discount, that's amazing ::yes:: ! Is room 418 considered a standard (non-TP) view?!

I'm really behind - I didn't know you tried YC CL! I'm scrolling backwards now cause I missed your Poly thoughts too!

So happy to read that you experienced what we loved for so many years about BC/YC! YC CL looks great! Thanks for the review and pics. By the way, I switched our trip next month to the BC....just had to get back there.

Ha - I am so behind too! So hard to get caught up in the summer.

Yeah, randomly tacked on a night at YC CL. I think I created a problem for myself because DW has already said “No” to Poly next July and “really” wants to stay at YC again, or BC.

What have I done!?!?! :rotfl:

Yeah, randomly tacked on a night at YC CL. I think I created a problem for myself because DW has already said “No” to Poly next July and “really” wants to stay at YC again, or BC.

That is what happens at YC/BC lol, especially when the kids are young but yet old enough to appreciate the pool. For years, my kids kept asking - "when can we play in the sandy pool again" so it was always hard to stay elsewhere. Also, it was always fun to spend the day at MK, but then exciting to take monorail back to Epcot and walk through the park and grab a drink/snack/go on a ride before ending up back at BC for a swim/break. More times than not, we'd go back into Epcot each night and always found something fun to do. Anyway, so glad to hear that you guys loved it! Hey, one way to look at it is that it should be a cheaper trip than Poly :laughing:.

Wow! Really?! That would be a change. Maybe consider a split stay, that way you get the best of both?!

That is what happens at YC/BC lol, especially when the kids are young but yet old enough to appreciate the pool. For years, my kids kept asking - "when can we play in the sandy pool again" so it was always hard to stay elsewhere. Also, it was always fun to spend the day at MK, but then exciting to take monorail back to Epcot and walk through the park and grab a drink/snack/go on a ride before ending up back at BC for a swim/break. More times than not, we'd go back into Epcot each night and always found something fun to do. Anyway, so glad to hear that you guys loved it! Hey, one way to look at it is that it should be a cheaper trip than Poly :laughing:.

We just stayed at BC in June for the first time, and I think my kids are the only ones who preferred the DVC pool over SAB! The only time they wanted to swim there was when their friends were in it!!!! I couldn’t believe it.

When is the last time you stayed CL? We were at BC and CR CL recently (earlier this month) and sure, they had all those things you mentioned. But they also had the following...

CL isn't what it used to be and I can say wholeheartedly, I ate VERY healthy over my 10 day trip. We barely bought food outside the lounge.
Again, I wasn't listing every food WDW offers. I was specifically elaborating that the CL's do indeed offer some junk food. Maybe junk food is a better term than 'garbage food.'

My most recent CL was earlier this year, and we've stayed CL a great many times. Plenty long enough to have see menu quality ebb and flow, so there's also that factor. Once at WL's CL, we were able to get Greek yogurt the first day, but not the rest of the week! One GF stay differed dramatically from the next, just a few months later, because our favorite chef left the kitchen.

I don't think I've ever seen blackberries at a WDW CL. We stayed at CR last summer, and while they did have blueberries, the entire fruit tray only had approximately one tablespoon of blueberries per tray, and just ONE strawberry in the corner. (How should 50+ people share ONE strawberry?!?!)

Truly, if the ratios and overall offerings have improved, then I'll be very happy! Maybe my post-trip comments have finally paid off! For over 10 years, every time I've taken a post-trip survey I've asked for more CL berries!

One time, a BC chef was able to bring me a cup of blueberries, but she also asked us to quietly take it to our rom, so nobody else would see them. We nicknamed them, "The Precious."

If most CL's are now offering summer squash and fruit infused waters that is also a major improvement! I saw an image, a few pages back, of zucchini/summer squash being offered at GF, and that is encouraging.

Hi! GaDisneyDad14 will have a very thorough response for you, I'm sure of it! But I just wanted to quickly chime in and say that we've stayed at both WL CL standard room and also RPC standard room. In only comparing the rooms, RPC will win every time! We had a bunk bed room at WL with one "queen" bed. The queen was small and the bunk beds were small and hard. Could just be our particular family and the room just didn't work for us because I know others really enjoy the bunk bed rooms. WL standard rooms are also a fair amount smaller than the RPC room which ends up being a big deal for our family of 4. We love that RPC room feels spacious and also has the daybed to sleep 5. Now putting the rooms aside, we haven't stayed at WL CL since the lounge renovation and I wish we could try it sometime. However, we really need a room with daybed so unless we stay in a deluxe room, it will never work for us.

View from 4327

img_3121-jpg.286281
img_3122-jpg.286282
img_3116-jpg.286280

a bunch of rpc pix here:

Thanks so much for all the RPC info you post. The photos are helpful too! We are so looking forward to our first RPC stay the end of Nov. :flower:

Our trip last month was my husband’s first time at the BC. His favorite resort is AKL, so I wasn’t sure what he’d make of it. My kids all prefer BC at this point. I think his mind was changed the first time he decided to walk to Epcot for some fish and chips. He also really liked the CL lounge - the food offerings were much improved over what he remembered from AKL (this is going back about seven years or so). My fear is that the new gondolas will ruin our quiet little entrance to Epcot.

We just stayed at BC in June for the first time, and I think my kids are the only ones who preferred the DVC pool over SAB! The only time they wanted to swim there was when their friends were in it!!!! I couldn’t believe it.

Oh interesting!! Maybe SAB was too crowded when you were there? We used to go at off-times when my kids were younger (May and September) so crowds weren't usually an issue for us. My girls lived in that shallow pool with sand all around and in it! I was sad when they outgrew it, and I think that's when we reverted to the MK resorts. Now I'm mixing BC back into things, but also have GF booked for November again!

Oh interesting!! Maybe SAB was too crowded when you were there? We used to go at off-times when my kids were younger (May and September) so crowds weren't usually an issue for us. My girls lived in that shallow pool with sand all around and in it! I was sad when they outgrew it, and I think that's when we reverted to the MK resorts. Now I'm mixing BC back into things, but also have GF booked for November again!

I thought they’d love it too... the one day my daughters friend was there and they played in it for an hour and that was it.
That’s great you’ll be back at GF in November!! Same dates?! We have a year to go, but will be back twice next year... so maybe I’ll get to see you at least one of the trips!!
We are currently planning a November trip at CCV with two sets of friends coming along, with the possibility of another!) My town will be taking over the pool LOL It’s my fault - I talk too much about Disney and now everyone wants to come!!!

Hi! GaDisneyDad14 will have a very thorough response for you, I'm sure of it! But I just wanted to quickly chime in and say that we've stayed at both WL CL standard room and also RPC standard room. In only comparing the rooms, RPC will win every time! We had a bunk bed room at WL with one "queen" bed. The queen was small and the bunk beds were small and hard. Could just be our particular family and the room just didn't work for us because I know others really enjoy the bunk bed rooms. WL standard rooms are also a fair amount smaller than the RPC room which ends up being a big deal for our family of 4. We love that RPC room feels spacious and also has the daybed to sleep 5. Now putting the rooms aside, we haven't stayed at WL CL since the lounge renovation and I wish we could try it sometime. However, we really need a room with daybed so unless we stay in a deluxe room, it will never work for us.

@TJA , thank you! :thanks:
That is extremely helpful. I'm REALLY leaning towards RPC now!

Again, I wasn't listing every food WDW offers. I was specifically elaborating that the CL's do indeed offer some junk food. Maybe junk food is a better term than 'garbage food.'

My most recent CL was earlier this year, and we've stayed CL a great many times. Plenty long enough to have see menu quality ebb and flow, so there's also that factor. Once at WL's CL, we were able to get Greek yogurt the first day, but not the rest of the week! One GF stay differed dramatically from the next, just a few months later, because our favorite chef left the kitchen.

I don't think I've ever seen blackberries at a WDW CL. We stayed at CR last summer, and while they did have blueberries, the entire fruit tray only had approximately one tablespoon of blueberries per tray, and just ONE strawberry in the corner. (How should 50+ people share ONE strawberry?!?!)

Truly, if the ratios and overall offerings have improved, then I'll be very happy! Maybe my post-trip comments have finally paid off! For over 10 years, every time I've taken a post-trip survey I've asked for more CL berries!

One time, a BC chef was able to bring me a cup of blueberries, but she also asked us to quietly take it to our rom, so nobody else would see them. We nicknamed them, "The Precious."

If most CL's are now offering summer squash and fruit infused waters that is also a major improvement! I saw an image, a few pages back, of zucchini/summer squash being offered at GF, and that is encouraging.

The blackberries were at CR Tower Club Half the fruit tray was berries, the other half melons.

At BC, every day, there was a huge bowl of halved strawberries and blueberries mixed together in a 50/50 ratio. It was impossible to just get strawberries even if you tried (my son eats strawberries and hates blueberries and as hard as I tried, some blueberries always ended up in his bowl, so I ate them). It was easy to scoop out mostly blueberries if you wanted, since they fell to the bottom of the bowl.

This berry bounty may have also been because it is summer and that is berry season, and berries are plentiful and cheap. Maybe your other visit was out of season? I have noticed in people's lounge food pictures, berries are often absent in the winter months.

Just goes to show the inconsistency across CLs and how sometimes quickly (and sometimes slowly) things change, I guess.

Poly breakfast fruit offerings as of July 2018:
IMG_1017.jpg

IMG_1018.jpg

Compared to the prior year with mostly cheap melons and a rather laughable supply of strawberries and blackberries, similar to your CR experience last summer.
8.jpeg

CR as of 9/17. Yeah, their fruit tray wasn’t going to win any awards. Not sure if current offerings are any different. I need to check @trishadono’s recent pics.
3.JPG

Also CR (Tower Club) accurate as of 4/17. Definitely among the least abundant offerings we’ve seen in recent travels. This one probably proves your point. Although I’ll caveat again that this was nearly a 1.5 years ago, so could be stale.
8.JPG

I thought the berry count at YC a couple of weeks ago was pretty reasonable. Precious few blackberries and blueberries, but plenty of cut strawberries. We only had one morning here so not sure if this varies by the day.
IMG_3636.jpg

AKL’s morning selection... quite abundant. Although no blackberries. :-) Accurate as of 4/2018.
IMG_6856.jpg

A seperate morning, with raspberries and cut grapefruit.
IMG_7657.jpg

Anyway, just wanted to note that blackberries do exist, just not everywhere.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter