Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

I'm sorry if this has been asked a million times, but how horrible is the sofa bed?
We are considering this resort for the summer and my mom will be joining us. DD is still in a crib so my mom will have her choice of beds, other than the master lol. We stayed in a family suite at All Star Music and she really hated the couch and she normally can sleep anywhere without complaint.

Thank you!

I'm sorry if this has been asked a million times, but how horrible is the sofa bed?
We are considering this resort for the summer and my mom will be joining us. DD is still in a crib so my mom will have her choice of beds, other than the master lol. We stayed in a family suite at All Star Music and she really hated the couch and she normally can sleep anywhere without complaint.

Thank you!

My teenage kids (who complain about everything) have slept on the sofa bed and had no complaints. I've rested on that bed during an afternoon break and found it to be fine. My adult son has slept on the table bed and said that it was more comfortable than most of the hotel beds he's slept in. Just for reference, the sofa bed mattress is about 6" thick and the table bed mattress is about 8" thick. The table bed is a little higher off the ground than the sofa bed so it is a little easier (for me) to get in and out of. Honestly, I prefer either of those beds over the bed in the master bedroom -- that one is way too firm for me. I have to fold up an extra blanket or two to make a pillow top for that bed in order to sleep in it.

We arrive at AoA tomorrow! Will check-in, kids will swim, then maybe head to DS. Possibly take the boat to POR for Yehaa Bob's show and a carriage ride. It is me (Dad), DW, DD15, DD15, and 2 teen girl friends (age 17 and 18). Staying until 4/10 in Lion King family suite.

One of our (newly adopted) daughters "hates" us, and I hope she doesn't make everyone's trip miserable. If she is incorrigible our back-up plan is for one parent to stay with her at AoA while the other parent takes the other kids out to have fun. Are the pool activities only for little kids, or might a (grumpy) teen enjoy it too?

Does anyone have the April Recreation Calendar/Guide/Schedule for April 2016? If so could you post a link? Also, I was disappointed to see that AoA Sprayground will be closed for maintenance during our trip. How sad should I be? I thought my boys (6, 4, 4) would really enjoy that.

Art of Animation Resort Schoolyard Sprayground – January 1 through May 11

Does anyone have the April Recreation Calendar/Guide/Schedule for April 2016? If so could you post a link? Also, I was disappointed to see that AoA Sprayground will be closed for maintenance during our trip. How sad should I be? I thought my boys (6, 4, 4) would really enjoy that.

Art of Animation Resort Schoolyard Sprayground – January 1 through May 11

I don't think that date is correct. I'm pretty sure it's open again already. I was thinking it was only closed until the beginning of March. :confused3 Maybe someone who is there now or has recently returned can let us know for sure.

So it says the bus system only goes to each park right? So if we have breakfast at chef Mickeys or dinner booked at 1900 Park fare do we have to pay for a cab ride to get there and then back to AoA?

I apologize if someone answered this already, but I didn't see it.

Yes, the buses just go to the parks and to Disney Springs...but to get to either of those restaurants you could take the bus to the Magic Kingdom and walk to the Contemporary or get on the monorail to go to the Grand Floridian.

I don't think that date is correct. I'm pretty sure it's open again already. I was thinking it was only closed until the beginning of March. :confused3 Maybe someone who is there now or has recently returned can let us know for sure.

I can't say for sure, but the recreation calendar for April lists the Sprayground along with the rest of the resort activities and says "Be sure to make a splash with Nemo & Friends in the Schoolyard Sprayground located next to The Big Blue Pool." I'd think they would have a different note in there if it were going to be closed.

Will bell service received a grocery delivery if you are not at the resort (still at the park) and will they put perishables in the fridge?
Also, anyone know if the Splash zone is currently open?

In landscape of flavors...are there microwaves in each seating section or are they part of the food lines? Also, what is it that makes breakfast and dinner so crowded- long wait for foods cooked to order or payment or lack of seats available?

I apologize if someone answered this already, but I didn't see it.

Yes, the buses just go to the parks and to Disney Springs...but to get to either of those restaurants you could take the bus to the Magic Kingdom and walk to the Contemporary or get on the monorail to go to the Grand Floridian.
What about returning from Hoop De Doo? Is there any option besides bus to a park/DS and transferring?

What about returning from Hoop De Doo? Is there any option besides bus to a park/DS and transferring?
Disney used to provide buses after The Hoop to take Guests directly to their resort,but now they are just providing buses to take Guests to the Magic Kingdom Bus Depot where Guests then transfer to their respective resort buses.

Around 15 minutes from AoA to the Poly.

I would arrive around 7:15 AM.

"Around" $20.00 for the taxi.

Often there are taxis in front of AoA-if not,Luggage Assistance(Value resort term for Bell Services) will call one for you.

Thank you for this info! We are also planning to do the same plan for,our 7:30 ADR at Poly.
Taxi seems to be the best, fastest way to go. $20ish seems like a fine cost to same the time.
Disney transport would be at least 60 minutes if not more.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest