Disney Emoji Blitz

Lunch is killing me. I have the double whammy of losing most games and not having an emoji to double my score. Ugh.

It's been a grind, doing this stupid food event. I have the emojis to double the stars, but losing 80% or more of my games, by scores of 5-15, is just demoralizing as heck.

It's been a grind, doing this stupid food event. I have the emojis to double the stars, but losing 80% or more of my games, by scores of 5-15, is just demoralizing as heck.
Once I hit dinner it was the same here too, driving me crazy.

It seems rather difficult, I just played and lost 5 games vs. 5 different people that used a boost for each game.

I'm going with the assumption that we're playing against real people and that they don't do anything after the game ends to manipulate the score, but I also feel like this Food Fight event is much harder than the previous one. I also have been losing more games than I've been winning, which makes for slow going. I've lost many of the games after the playable portion of the game ends...I even lost a few when I was ahead by 6 to 8 points only to have the other person get that many during that period after the game ends, but before the scoring screen appears.

After spending way more time playing than I should I only need 95 stars left for Remi! I feel like on the last two boxes my odds of winning have increased to about 50%. Not sure why but I’ll take it

Up 6-1, and lost 17-8, and have now lost 11 games in a row. A complete joke. Just lost another game where I was down 8-2,, after 12 seconds. These bots are unbeatable.

Last edited:
I don't even bother trying this type of challenge. Too small a return for the hassle.

I finished the key challenge in a furious round of play the last hour of the game a few days ago.

Question for the pros: When you have a challenge that requires you to get blitz a certain amount of times, does it make more sense to use an emoji that is worth more or fewer points? I don't really understand how that works. Any thoughts? Thanks! Sorry if this has been covered before.

I feel like with this event, at the outset, the game decides who is going to win by setting the number of items it drops. Obviously you can increase your items with stars, but there are only so many stars you're going to make in a match, so for the most part, you're stuck with what falls for you. I've noticed that as of the Dinner round, none of my games have been close- one person always vastly outperforms the other. The only time I managed a tie is when I was able to match 3 stars with food during the round.

Question for the pros: When you have a challenge that requires you to get blitz a certain amount of times, does it make more sense to use an emoji that is worth more or fewer points? I don't really understand how that works. Any thoughts? Thanks! Sorry if this has been covered before.
I've thought that blitz were triggered based on how may emojis you clear and how quickly you clear them. So whenever I've had a challenge that required blitzing a certain number of times, I use whatever emoji I have that clears the most the fastest (e.g., someone that either removes a lot of other emojis or can drop a lot of power ups to help clear emojis). Things like Tinkerbell, Cinderella, high-level Ursula, etc. have been my go-to emojis for those challenges (along with more time or blitz start boosts).

I don't even bother trying this type of challenge. Too small a return for the hassle.
I really like Remy, so I'm willing to do the event. At this point, unless you buy a Diamond box, it's going to be the only way to get the Remy emoji. He's like Rey, Finn, and BB-8; they're Diamond box exclusives that won't show up in the Gold Box after the event.

I just finished the Food Fight event this morning and the final box did yield a Remy!

For me, I felt like I won more games when I treated it like one of the challenges that said to clear "x" emojis. The food seemed to drop more frequently the faster the board was cleared. While I still lost more rounds than I won (I think, I didn't keep track), I did win more games towards the end using this mentality. Some were very close, others were blow outs.

I feel like with this event, at the outset, the game decides who is going to win by setting the number of items it drops. Obviously you can increase your items with stars, but there are only so many stars you're going to make in a match, so for the most part, you're stuck with what falls for you. I've noticed that as of the Dinner round, none of my games have been close- one person always vastly outperforms the other. The only time I managed a tie is when I was able to match 3 stars with food during the round.
The problem with matching ice cream with stars is that you then have no moves to move them down once your opponent hits you with food block.

The problem with matching ice cream with stars is that you then have no moves to move them down once your opponent hits you with food block.
True...I had that happen a few times, but I think (overall), it's worth the risk to match the ice creams with the stars. If you can do when you have lots of stars and/or clouds on the board, that will help to minimize the risks. I feel like stars+ice cream is pretty much the only way to win a round these days. Has anyone figured out the rhyme or reason for when the different boosted foods appear (e.g., is there something that triggers the food block opposed to the splatter or is it random which one you get?)?

Yes, it is the number of emojis cleared- IMO, it doesn't matter the point value of the emoji you use. However, if you have an emoji whose power clears a lot of the board (like Yen Sid), that is helpful.

When I have to get Blitz a bunch of times in a game, I use as many powerups as possible when NOT in Blitz mode to get rid of as many emojis as possible. As soon as Blitz mode starts, stockpile powerups. Once Blitz mode is done, use those powerups to really blast emojis and get back into Blitz mode ASAP. If you can link a rainbow and a sun, they can push you right back into Blitz as soon as you get out of one.

Hope I'm explaining this well enough. I can get 4, sometimes 5 Blitzes in a game if I time it right and get a bit lucky.

I was unable to finish the last challenge :(. I was at level 11 in dessert with just one hour left and I knew it would be impossible even if I won every game. Not having a lucky emoji during the lunch section did me in. It took way too many games to get through the section :(.

I was unable to finish the last challenge :(. I was at level 11 in dessert with just one hour left and I knew it would be impossible even if I won every game. Not having a lucky emoji during the lunch section did me in. It took way too many games to get through the section :(.

This was a rough one. Keep in mind that you can put your phone in airplane mode and adjust the time zone if you need some extra time. (Unless you're already in Hawaii!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter