Disney Dream transatlantic October 20 2024

I have been shown that our cabin on Deck 8 has new wall coverings, new carpet, a new headboard and new carpet! Been 2 years since my last cruise so i didn’t notice . . NOW I do!

Oh, and a new bed! Will see if I can find out what brand of mattress. I slept REALLY well . . .
Do you know if they replaced the beds and everything in all of the rooms on board? Or only select rooms?

My parents are onboard right now, and my mom was kind enough to take some pics and send them to me. These are all of pics from outside the new concierge area. Most are on the port side going forward to Satellite Falls. One pic looking into concierge from starboard by Currents. It appears that the smoking section is still on the port side, so yes, you need to walk past it to get to Satellite Falls.View attachment 905862View attachment 905863View attachment 905864View attachment 905865View attachment 905866View attachment 905867View attachment 905868
I haven’t been on the Dream before (going soon, have only been on the Wonder) are you saying that this is all an adults only area (non-concierge)? If so it looks awesome!

I haven’t been on the Dream before (going soon, have only been on the Wonder) are you saying that this is all an adults only area (non-concierge)? If so it looks awesome!
Yes, it is, but they have actually decreased the size of this area and made a portion of it into concierge. It's still a nice sized area, but it's not as expansive as it used to be for non-concierge.

11-14 year olds are in Edge, and 14-17 is in Vibe. Are you saying both groups meet in the same space?

I think we're yet to confirm how it was precisely done, but they moved Edge to be in the same deck 5 forward space that Vibe is and they now share the outdoor space in the nose of the ship. What is hard to tell from photos is if they simply divided Vibe in half and really reduced the size of it, or if they pulled some other crew space or under utilized space to make the overall Edge / Vibe area larger than the original Vibe footprint.

Either way, I do feel like this dry dock benefited Disney and not the consumer overall. I agree, nothing about a concierge room on deck 10 midship right in the middle of everything appeals to me. I have to hope they charge less for those rooms.

I have been shown that our cabin on Deck 8 has new wall coverings, new carpet, a new headboard and new carpet! Been 2 years since my last cruise so i didn’t notice . . NOW I do!

Oh, and a new bed! Will see if I can find out what brand of mattress. I slept REALLY well . . .
I would be interested in seeing photos as I am sailing in December - so far, all the photos of staterooms I have seen from passengers look exactly the same as they have been.

I think we're yet to confirm how it was precisely done, but they moved Edge to be in the same deck 5 forward space that Vibe is and they now share the outdoor space in the nose of the ship. What is hard to tell from photos is if they simply divided Vibe in half and really reduced the size of it, or if they pulled some other crew space or under utilized space to make the overall Edge / Vibe area larger than the original Vibe footprint.

Either way, I do feel like this dry dock benefited Disney and not the consumer overall. I agree, nothing about a concierge room on deck 10 midship right in the middle of everything appeals to me. I have to hope they charge less for those rooms.
The deck plan for Disney Dream has been updated to represent its post dry-dock changes. It looks like Vibe and Edge now share the outdoor space, and a small section of Vibe has been broken off to house Edge.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-10-22 at 9.52.45 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-10-22 at 9.52.45 PM.png
    91.9 KB · Views: 53
There is a little blue glass wall there now. There are some sunny loungers in Concierge but also lots of seats.
View attachment 905803
Thank you so much for sharing the pics. I wish that it hadn't changed at all but this is so much better than I feared and significantly better than what I thought the best case scenario would be. I'm guessing that the adult deck will feel more crowded on Caribbean sailings on sea days, but at least the majority of the deck was preserved and the forward views are available to everyone.

I would be interested in seeing photos as I am sailing in December - so far, all the photos of staterooms I have seen from passengers look exactly the same as they have been.
Me too. I was on the last British Isles cruise before the dry dock and our cabin host told us the cabins would have new carpet and changes to the bathrooms… but I haven’t seen anything like that yet.

Looks like they’re leveraging some of that increased concierge revenue to offset losing 3 inside staterooms on deck two where they’ve added a Disney Vacation Club welcome center. This snuck in without announcement:

IMG_0027.png

Looks like they’re leveraging some of that increased concierge revenue to offset losing 3 inside staterooms on deck two where they’ve added a Disney Vacation Club welcome center. This snuck in without announcement:

View attachment 906125
Is cabin 11200 new? It is not on the Fantasy.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241023-111930.png
    Screenshot_20241023-111930.png
    64.7 KB · Views: 18

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest