Disney’s Magic Band FAQ Link

I have a Christmas trip planned and have 2 old magic bands. They both say inactive, and the "activate" button is greyed out for both. I can't figure out how to reactivate them. Any suggestions?
I'd call the MDE support team at 407-939-4357.

hi

using a magic band for the first time in wdw in a few days - have linked my magic band to my reservation but no bar code for tickets pops up - is this a glitch or do the tickets appear the day i arrive? how do i get a hard copy of the tickets (purchased a package thru walt disney travel company)

thanks
cindy

Go to your MDE account and hit My plans. After it shows your family and friends, there is a place where you select either Daily Itinerary or Tickets, Passes and Mem Maker. Your tix should be showing there. Then just make sure your magic band is showing as current in MDE as well. Then the bands will work with the tickets shown.

1727742176821.png

Go into the app and go to the 3 lines on the bottom right.
You'll see an option for tickets and cards.
You should be able to see your tickets.

You don't need physical tickets.
Your magic band accesses your ticket info.

I'm very interested in this, I had a band 3 years ago and it fell off somewhere in the parks. It just didn't stay on well. We are traveling back in Feb 2025 and I'm less than thrilled to buy 4 bands that are highly likely to fall off. They used to have cheap $10.00 bands. That no longer seems to be the case.

I'm very interested in this, I had a band 3 years ago and it fell off somewhere in the parks. It just didn't stay on well. We are traveling back in Feb 2025 and I'm less than thrilled to buy 4 bands that are highly likely to fall off. They used to have cheap $10.00 bands. That no longer seems to be the case.

What are you interested in? Sorry you didn't quote anyone so I just wasn't sure what you're referring to.

If the band kept falling off its likely that you did not have the nub secure in the hole. I've only ever had my magic band fall off one time and it was right after I put it on in the morning so luckily I didn't lose it but I realized that when I went to put it back on the nub was only half in and I had to push it in better.

What are you interested in? Sorry you didn't quote anyone so I just wasn't sure what you're referring to.

If the band kept falling off its likely that you did not have the nub secure in the hole. I've only ever had my magic band fall off one time and it was right after I put it on in the morning so luckily I didn't lose it but I realized that when I went to put it back on the nub was only half in and I had to push it in better.
Thanks! I just meant the thread in general, if magicbands were an absolute necessity.

Thanks! I just meant the thread in general, if magicbands were an absolute necessity.

Definitely not a necessity. I just find it convenient. I also don't have a Magicband+. Last time I bought a MB was in 2021 and I'm content with it. I may or may not buy a new one for my next trip.

Definitely not a necessity. I just find it convenient. I also don't have a Magicband+. Last time I bought a MB was in 2021 and I'm content with it. I may or may not buy a new one for my next trip.
What features does the magicband+ have over and above a regular Magicband? I think I still have my kids Magicbands and it would be nice if I could use those and only have to buy 1 new one for our trip. thanks!

What features does the magicband+ have over and above a regular Magicband? I think I still have my kids Magicbands and it would be nice if I could use those and only have to buy 1 new one for our trip. thanks!
The MB+ is rechargeable, meaning it will link long-distance ride photos as long as it's kept charged. It also interacts with things in the parks (like making certain statues talk) and flashes lights along with the fireworks shows. Otherwise, it does the same as the older MBs do - anything that you tap Mickey to Mickey it will work for, like opening resort room doors, entering parks, tapping into Lightning Lanes, charging food or merchandise to the resort room bill - and it doesn't need to be charged to do that (nor do the old MBs need to have working batteries - they'll do all those tap things indefinitely).

To me, the only thing it does that's worth considering is linking ride photos like Seven Dwarfs where there's no tap point at the end. If those photos aren't important to you, your old MBs will work just fine. And if you let your MDE account on your phone link to Bluetooth on your phone, it will link photos that you're in, whether you have a MB or not.

Just looking for confirmation that this makes sense:

I have two old MBs from a 2018 trip for DH and me. If I order new MB+ for my kids and we go on rides together, will the pictures from the rides show up in my MDE? Does it make sense for DH and me to buy new MBs if the ones we have still show active?

I love the convenience of MBs and getting our ride photos, but I am not interested in spending over $100 for all 4 of us.

Thanks!

Just looking for confirmation that this makes sense:

I have two old MBs from a 2018 trip for DH and me. If I order new MB+ for my kids and we go on rides together, will the pictures from the rides show up in my MDE? Does it make sense for DH and me to buy new MBs if the ones we have still show active?

I love the convenience of MBs and getting our ride photos, but I am not interested in spending over $100 for all 4 of us.

Thanks!
Yes, if the kids are in your F&F list, have the MB+ and those are charged, they'll link photos of themselves and whoever is riding in the car with them to your MDE account. I don't see a reason for you to buy new MB+ for yourself and your DH if you ride with the kids. Your old MBs will still do all the tap functions (entering parks and LLs, charging to Disney resort room, etc.).

Yes, if the kids are in your F&F list, have the MB+ and those are charged, they'll link photos of themselves and whoever is riding in the car with them to your MDE account. I don't see a reason for you to buy new MB+ for yourself and your DH if you ride with the kids. Your old MBs will still do all the tap functions (entering parks and LLs, charging to Disney resort room, etc.).
Thanks for confirming!!

If I have a MB from 2014 that is still listed in my account, can I really use it for everything but photos? Obviously the battery is long dead.

If I have a MB from 2014 that is still listed in my account, can I really use it for everything but photos? Obviously the battery is long dead.
Yes you can. It will work indefinitely for any and all tap functions like entering parks and LLs, opening Disney resort room doors, and charging to Disney resort room accounts, because the power for those functions comes from the tap point, not from the MB.

Edited to add - make sure it’s listed as Active in your MDE account. If it shows Deactivated, just tap to reactivate. If that doesn’t work, call Website support at (407) 939-4357.

Last edited:

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest