Disney’s Magic Band FAQ Link

Although we have been to WDW and DL many times, this will be the first year we have had Magic Bands - bought some from eBay and successfully linked to MDE on my iphone along with tickets under individual names. As the other two are adults (daughter and her boyfriend) who may want to go and do stuff by themselves occasionally, can their Magic bands be also linked to their own MDE accounts if they download the app on their phones? If so do they need to deactivate on my phone and MDE app. Sorry but I feel clueless about this and reading all the threads makes me even more confused.

Although we have been to WDW and DL many times, this will be the first year we have had Magic Bands - bought some from eBay and successfully linked to MDE on my iphone along with tickets under individual names. As the other two are adults (daughter and her boyfriend) who may want to go and do stuff by themselves occasionally, can their Magic bands be also linked to their own MDE accounts if they download the app on their phones? If so do they need to deactivate on my phone and MDE app. Sorry but I feel clueless about this and reading all the threads makes me even more confused.
If they install MDE on their own phones and create their own MDE accounts, you need to go to your F&F list and link the profiles you have to their new accounts. Instructions are there in MDE, but if you run into trouble just call Disney IT at (407) 939-4357. They’ll help!

Once you are linked to their new profiles, everything in your MDE - MBs, tickets, whatever - will be transferred from their profiles in your MDE to their profiles in their own MDE accounts.

If they install MDE on their own phones and create their own MDE accounts, you need to go to your F&F list and link the profiles you have to their new accounts. Instructions are there in MDE, but if you run into trouble just call Disney IT at (407) 939-4357. They’ll help!

Once you are linked to their new profiles, everything in your MDE - MBs, tickets, whatever - will be transferred from their profiles in your MDE to their profiles in their own MDE accounts.
Thank you I may try this but worried about messing it up - would not ring WDW as it cost me £30 (approx $40) to ring Universal Studios a couple of days ago for a 5 minute phone call from UK -eeek.

I am guessing that you can't have the same Magic band loaded on more than one MDE account - if I keep them on mine, it seems like it would be easier to book fastpasses (or whatever they are called these days lol)

Thank you I may try this but worried about messing it up - would not ring WDW as it cost me £30 (approx $40) to ring Universal Studios a couple of days ago for a 5 minute phone call from UK -eeek.

I am guessing that you can't have the same Magic band loaded on more than one MDE account - if I keep them on mine, it seems like it would be easier to book fastpasses (or whatever they are called these days lol)
I can understand not calling!

If they’re not going to create their own MDE accounts so that their MBs are linked to their profiles in the new accounts, the only alternative I know of would be for them to log into your MDE account on their phone and book LLs for themselves that way.

BTW if they do what I described in my earlier post, their profiles will still be in your F&F list, and you’ll still be able to book LLs for them, while they’ll be able to book LLs for themselves - and for you too, because you’ll be in their F&F lists. Their MBs will be linked to their individual profiles, whether you’re working with their profiles in your F&F list in your MDE account or they’re working with their profiles in their own MDE accounts.

I can understand not calling!

If they’re not going to create their own MDE accounts so that their MBs are linked to their profiles in the new accounts, the only alternative I know of would be for them to log into your MDE account on their phone and book LLs for themselves that way.

BTW if they do what I described in my earlier post, their profiles will still be in your F&F list, and you’ll still be able to book LLs for them, while they’ll be able to book LLs for themselves - and for you too, because you’ll be in their F&F lists. Their MBs will be linked to their individual profiles, whether you’re working with their profiles in your F&F list in your MDE account or they’re working with their profiles in their own MDE accounts.
Thank you for your advice - I will show this to them when they come in and leave it to them what they would like to do x

so. First world problems.

but... before I spend half an hour disassociating the MB's from our Disneyland app and re-associating them with the WDW app, is there any other way to do this? same MDE acct, etc, but this was the only way I could figure out to do this going form WDW to DL, and now we're headed back to WDW I have to change it back...

so. First world problems.

but... before I spend half an hour disassociating the MB's from our Disneyland app and re-associating them with the WDW app, is there any other way to do this? same MDE acct, etc, but this was the only way I could figure out to do this going form WDW to DL, and now we're headed back to WDW I have to change it back...
You can have the same MB+s linked to both the DLR & WDW (MDE) mobile apps.

EDIT - Disregard. It FINALLY starting flashing as charging about 25 minutes after putting in on the charger.

I am arriving on Tuesday so just pulled out my MB+ from last year to charge it and when I connect it, it pulses green with a vibration for about a minute and then no lights at all on the face to indicate it is charging. Anyone have a clue what it is doing or how to fix it. There is an update available but it says it needs to be 60% charged to do the update.

Last edited:
Is it possible to order just one or two MBs for a group of 5? We have a group going at the end of September and would like to order two for the kids in our party. The adults already have theirs. Any help would be appreciated.

Is it possible to order just one or two MBs for a group of 5? We have a group going at the end of September and would like to order two for the kids in our party. The adults already have theirs. Any help would be appreciated.
Yes. If you are all one party just go to the Magicband section on MDE and you can choose who you want to purchase a band for. Order them all at the same time though because if I recall after that you can't purchase any others for the pre arrival price.

Yes, as above. You’ll have to click the box to Decline a MB for those who don’t want one.

Just received my magic bands for November trip. A few questions

1. Does my husband pair his a magic band to his phone or mine. My phone as the app. He does not. Should he get the app and make his own account or just keep compared on my phone and app?

2. My son has his own account and he is not listed in the people I manage for magic bands. His tickets and hotel do show up as he is a part of my family and friends planning party. It’s only the magic band that doesn’t show up. Is this normal?

3. My park tickets show up. My MVMCP do not show up under magic band admission card tab. Do I add them myself or is there something else I’m supposed to link. The tickets show up in the app under tickets. They just don’t show up under the magic band ticket admission card section.

Our trip is November 2. I put in our Magic band order August 29. It is still saying "your magic band order is being personalized, Check back soon for shipping details." I thought it said it would ship within 10 business days when I put in the order. Should I follow up with Disney? If so, how?

New DISboards Posts

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest