DISmeet at the Fort 2024?

What dates in 2024 would work best for you?

• Week of January 15, 2024 (MLK Day Week)

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Week of February 19, 2024 (Presidents Day Week)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Week of March 11, 2024

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Week of April 8, 2024 (Possible spring break conflicts)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Week of May 20, 2024 (Week before Memorial Day)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Week of September 2, 2024 (Labor Day Week)

• Week of October 7, 2024

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Week of November 4, 2024

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Week of December 2, 2024

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • 2024 Probably won't work for me, let's wait till 2025

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@GA WDW Fan Sounds like fun. Love to hear what you think about Monsieur Pauls. It has been on my want to go list for a while.

I am good with 2100, or any loop really. As long as I can get a spotter to help since ill be pulling in Solo.

I have another request for everyone.

I am putting together something fun to hand out at the Monday Meet and would like your hometown. I have the following so far:

DIS NameDone
4077:)
2goofycampers:)
bama_ed:)
BenitaN:)
Bishoparc:)
Boomer1:)
Born2Fish:)
champagne&disney
Disneypeach
Flametamr
GA WDW Fan
garneska
:)
hgarnes:)
himandher818:)
jbrostek
JETS70
MrsPAHunter
Part-TimeParadise:)
serenitygr
Sjm9911
team bradford
Teamubr
TheRustyScupper
tigger92662
WakingintheFog:)

If you don't have a smiley and don't mind sharing your home town, please send my the city and state where you live. Again, PM is fine if you don't want it on here publicly.

j

I have another request for everyone.

I am putting together something fun to hand out at the Monday Meet and would like your hometown. I have the following so far:

DIS NameDone
4077:)
2goofycampers:)
bama_ed:)
BenitaN:)
Bishoparc:)
Boomer1:)
Born2Fish:)
champagne&disney
Disneypeach
Flametamr
GA WDW Fan
garneska
hgarnes:)
himandher818:)
jbrostek
JETS70
MrsPAHunter
Part-TimeParadise:)
serenitygr
Sjm9911
team bradford
Teamubr
TheRustyScupper
tigger92662
WakingintheFog:)

If you don't have a smiley and don't mind sharing your home town, please send my the city and state where you live. Again, PM is fine if you don't want it on here publicly.

j
lol… that’s WALKingintheFog … waking in the fog is a lot spookier! Esp with Irish roots!

FULL Site Folks

I will be calling down to the Fort next week to setup the group gathering for us. I have reservation details for all of us except for:
  • cruising spud
  • team bradfield
  • GA WDW Fan
I will be requesting 2100 loop because it backs up the the 1100 loop, the Premium sites the rest of the group is trying for. If you would like to be included with the Full Site Folks in 2100, please send me your reservation number and name the reservation is under by Monday, 16 September.​

Private Message is fine.

j
our plans changed, DD really wants us in Utah for thanksgiving time, we are doing the fort in February and April, heading out west tomorrow, 13 states in 60 days

lol… that’s WALKingintheFog … waking in the fog is a lot spookier! Esp with Irish roots!
I had to check my spreadsheet when I got back in town to see what I actually had down. I did have it correctly there. Although WakingintheFog is more appropriate around here. :)

j

Getting so close!!
Additional information for me and the wife:
Hometown: Canton, GA

We actually added a week to the beginning of our stay some time ago. So now we'll be at the fort from 10/19 - 11/9. We were hoping our daughter would be able to join us the week we added but her plans changed. So now it's just the two of us and our dog for 3 weeks.
I think we're going to try for the 1700 loop. We have driven through every loop and have a list of sites we really like, like, and avoid at all costs (we have a 37 foot travel trailer). However if we can't get a site to our liking in 1700, we'll see what is available in the 2100 loop when we arrive.

We haven't decided what we'll be bringing to the shin dig yet. We are flexible and can see what is needed when the date gets closer.

So far our plans already booked are:
10/24: Monsieur Paul (wife really wanted to try this one as we've never been)
10/29: Carriage ride at the campground
11/3: Rose and Crown dining with reserved seating for Eat to the Beat
11/5: Up Close with Rhinos

We'll likely make more dinner reservations but are more apt to just look same day or night before. Several meals will be at the food and wine booths.
We were thinking about making a dinner reservation for reserved seating for Eat to the Beat. Do you think we should make them in order to see Boyz II Men?

I think if you want to make sure you have a seat you should. It might be one of the more popular groups playing, so might either need to get there early for a seat or go with eat to the beat that gets reserved seating.

We were thinking about making a dinner reservation for reserved seating for Eat to the Beat. Do you think we should make them in order to see Boyz II Men?
I think if you want to make sure you have a seat you should. It might be one of the more popular groups playing, so might either need to get there early for a seat or go with eat to the beat that gets reserved seating.
Agree with jbrostek. If it's a must do and one of the more popular groups (as Boyz II Men is), reserved seating is the way to go. No need to line up way early to get a guaranteed seat. You could also try and do a same day reserved seating reservation with Regal Eagle. I've had no experience with that; so i'm not sure how fast those sell out.

Group,

I know we are looking forward to the pot luck get together on Monday, November 4th. I noticed day light savings ends on November 3rd. On the 4th, sunset is 5:38pm. By 6, it will be getting pretty dark.

Should we reconsider the pot luck time or should we all bring some big lights?

1726762894230.png

j

For everyone in a Full Loop site that wanted to be grouped together, I called the Fort today and set us up as a "group" and requested the 2100 loop.

I put notes on requested site length if you sent me that so we should be set.

j

I was figuring it on being dark for the pot Luck. I have some LED rope ligths and my dimmable awning lights to add lighting if needed.

And thanks for setting all that up.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest