Disappointed thus far!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed, but special needs or not, families have to roll with the punches sometime. It is just generally harder for those families, I know, but how could that had changed the outcome here? It couldn't have, there is no "override technical problems because someone is special needs" button I'm afraid.

I know it sucks, I really wish there was, we have a special little guy of our own but that's my reality to deal with not Disney's.

So, well put.

I think the OP was just letting us know that what would have been a frustrating and disappointing situation for anyone may have been exacerbated by the reaction his/her special needs child may have had to the situation, not that they were looking for special attention because they had a special needs child. That's what I read into it anyway.

I did love the suggestions from PP's to go to Guest Services to see if they could schedule an extra Animator's Palate session for all those who experienced the technical difficulty. That, I think, would help ALL guests who missed out on that magical experience! I know my DH (who is typically a Disney grinch, LOL!) would have been disappointed, too, as that's his favorite part of the cruise!

I hope OP comes back to let us know how the rest of the cruise is going!

On the OP's experience, I'm disappointed too, we have had good cruises and we have had great cruises. We have had many annoyances especially on one cruise, but I've always been able to shake those annoyances and still have a good time.

I try to keep expectations average and expect some things wont go perfectly, even a bad Disney cruise can offer you a new unexpected moment that exceeds your expectations. TRy not to dwell on the things that didn't go your way, that's all you can really do.

On the OP's experience, I'm disappointed too, we have had good cruises and we have had great cruises. We have had many annoyances especially on one cruise, but I've always been able to shake those annoyances and still have a good time.

I try to keep expectations average and expect some things wont go perfectly, even a bad Disney cruise can offer you a new unexpected moment that exceeds your expectations. TRy not to dwell on the things that didn't go your way, that's all you can really do.

I so agree with this. We've been lucky to have incredible experiences on our DCL cruises, but OP's experience reminds me of our NCL Alaska cruise where the fog and a big car pile-up made us have to switch gears on a dime in two ports. Looking back though, we have amazing memories from that cruise and even some from those two days where we had to switch plans so quickly (with no help from NCL). I hope OP's experience has turned around a little and they will also bring back fond memories of this trip!

Let's remember to keep this thread on topic. The post is about disappointments the OP has had on her cruise, not what constitutes special needs. If we continue to get off topic, this thread will be closed.
Thanks for your cooperation! :thumbsup2
Well money is money, and time is time. The statement I had a questions about is not what constitutes a special needs, but why bring it up. If I was to say, My son is blind and can't see the show do I get points.
It's like a red head person can't be in the sun, or a veteran with no legs from war can't climb the ladder to a slide. If something happens, it happens. But when people use their child's disability in a complaint or rant, that's weak in my opinion. That's all. Because we all have reasons to be upset that may effect us, but it's not Disneys fault. But being together with your loved ones it what it's about.

Well money is money, and time is time. The statement I had a questions about is not what constitutes a special needs, but why bring it up. If I was to say, My son is blind and can't see the show do I get points.
It's like a red head person can't be in the sun, or a veteran with no legs from war can't climb the ladder to a slide. If something happens, it happens. But when people use their child's disability in a complaint or rant, that's weak in my opinion. That's all. Because we all have reasons to be upset that may effect us, but it's not Disneys fault.

It has been explained to you multiple times why it is relevant.

I didn't see the OP mentioning it to mean that "oh, my child has special needs, therefor everyone should give us special treatment all the time!"

I saw it as meaning "because my child has special needs, this was particularly trying for us as a family."

That's all.

And it's a valid feeling for the OP to have and to express in a thread that is about expressing their disappointments and frustrations.

And it's been explained to you multiple times.

It has been explained to you multiple times why it is relevant.
I didn't see the OP mentioning it to mean that "oh, my child has special needs, therefor everyone should give us special treatment all the time!"
I saw it as meaning "because my child has special needs, this was particularly trying for us as a family."
That's all.
And it's a valid feeling for the OP to have and to express in a thread that is about expressing their disappointments and frustrations.
And it's been explained to you multiple times.
So your saying I don't understand. I do and sympathize with the issue the cruise is having, but there is nothing in the complaint DCL had control over. There has been some over dramatic complaints before, this is not at the top but it's getting there. It's not Disney's fault, these issues happen on RCL, NCL too. What happens when it rains at MK, is that Disney's fault too. Or is this a prime example of the "it's all about me."

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter