DIS Dads Rumors

I'm now seeing some chatter suggesting that, while Wishes IS in line to be replaced, the replacement show would debut with the opening of the Fantasyland expansion. My own opinion is that it makes sense that a replacement show was originally set to debut with the FLE, but that a decision may have been made to push up the debut of the new show. I think there's some concern that, as the FLE debut gets closer, people will start delaying trips until after it opens. A new show would help give people a reason to go ahead with a trip before FLE opens.

And that's why they call them rumors... :)

I'm now seeing some chatter suggesting that, while Wishes IS in line to be replaced, the replacement show would debut with the opening of the Fantasyland expansion. My own opinion is that it makes sense that a replacement show was originally set to debut with the FLE, but that a decision may have been made to push up the debut of the new show. I think there's some concern that, as the FLE debut gets closer, people will start delaying trips until after it opens. A new show would help give people a reason to go ahead with a trip before FLE opens.

another good reason is october 1st 2011 is coming fast.:thumbsup2

another good reason is october 1st 2011 is coming fast.:thumbsup2

Oh, good point! Celebrating WDW's 40th Anniversary with a new fireworks show would be flashy but relatively cheap (compared to past anniversary celebration events).

Oh, good point! Celebrating WDW's 40th Anniversary with a new fireworks show would be flashy but relatively cheap (compared to past anniversary celebration events).

tammy and i will be there october 1st 2011.:thumbsup2 im waiting to see what they come up with in the park and also 40 year ann. art work. ive already been warned that we are running out of walls.:lmao:

tammy and i will be there october 1st 2011.:thumbsup2 im waiting to see what they come up with in the park and also 40 year ann. art work. ive already been warned that we are running out of walls.:lmao:

This is the day we are set to leave. Does anyone think they will do something that would make it worth while to extend for 1 more night?

This is the day we are set to leave. Does anyone think they will do something that would make it worth while to extend for 1 more night?

i think its odd that its only 90 plus days away and they dont mention anything.:confused3

That's what I was thinking too. With children having school on oct1 you'd think there would be something going on throughout the summer.

That's what I was thinking too. With children having school on oct1 you'd think there would be something going on throughout the summer.

Disney has gotten really bad about individual resort or park anniversary celebrations. Much like the homogenization of merchandise in the parks, they've been lumping anniversary celebrations together ever since WDW's 25th. They seem to be of the opinion that individual celebrations run contrary to their overall Disney Parks marketing plans. In fact, their failure to acknowledge Epcot's 20th Anniversary was one of the big things that helped jumpstart the online Disney fan community, when a group of fans upstaged Disney with their own anniversary celebration.

BTW, there are now conflicting stories coming from different CMs. Some remain firmly convinced that a new show will be replacing Wishes soon. Others insist that nothing has been announced officially and there's no reason to believe anything new is coming anytime soon.

Disney has gotten really bad about individual resort or park anniversary celebrations. Much like the homogenization of merchandise in the parks, they've been lumping anniversary celebrations together ever since WDW's 25th. They seem to be of the opinion that individual celebrations run contrary to their overall Disney Parks marketing plans. In fact, their failure to acknowledge Epcot's 20th Anniversary was one of the big things that helped jumpstart the online Disney fan community, when a group of fans upstaged Disney with their own anniversary celebration.

BTW, there are now conflicting stories coming from different CMs. Some remain firmly convinced that a new show will be replacing Wishes soon. Others insist that nothing has been announced officially and there's no reason to believe anything new is coming anytime soon.

Big fan of Wishes...however...something new would be good too...just as long as they do something as Heart Warming as the little girl singing at the begining and end...the end part gets me everytime...even when I'm just listening to it on my mp3. Disney will put on a good show I know...now if we could just get them to do something about the "slow" part of Illuminations...needs more Fire or Firework.

Big fan of Wishes...however...something new would be good too...just as long as they do something as Heart Warming as the little girl singing at the begining and end...the end part gets me everytime...even when I'm just listening to it on my mp3. Disney will put on a good show I know...now if we could just get them to do something about the "slow" part of Illuminations...needs more Fire or Firework.

Amen, gets me everytime that comes on my itouch. Would hate to see it go. But would love to see a new show.
We are going to do the "Wishes Desert Party" in October.

Amen, gets me everytime that comes on my itouch. Would hate to see it go. But would love to see a new show.

I would hate to see it go. We missed out on it when we there in April due to a random rain storm that came through just when it was supposed to get started. So if I don't get to see it again, I'll be bummed. :mad:

We’ve done that before. You’ll be a little off to the side so the fireworks don’t line up with the castle as well as they will when you’re out amongst the crowd. But then again… You’re not out amongst the crowd and, you’ve got unlimited quantities of fine deserts (we considered it a good trade off).

I’ll miss that show as well, but It may be time for something new anyway. I’d expect no less of the Imagineers then to come up with something even better.

I agree about Illuminations. I heard they are going to do a Ninja Fireworks show.

I agree about Illuminations. I heard they are going to do a Ninja Fireworks show.

Wow. How would it work? Would it be the most ridiculous fireworks show ever, but at the same time so stealth that most, if not all, people wouldn't even see it?

315.jpg

Word from CMs working in pyro/fireworks shows at the MK is that there is no new fireworks show even in development. Wishes is not going anywhere.

a few rumors from the keys to the kingdom tour today. tiki room is going back to the orig. show. peter pan will get a new interactive area like haunted mansion. more resorts soon to be released(wouldnt say anymore than that.) and a pos. new park(wouldnt say anymore). i tend to not believe any of it till the dirt starts to move.:thumbsup2

a few rumors from the keys to the kingdom tour today. tiki room is going back to the orig. show. peter pan will get a new interactive area like haunted mansion. more resorts soon to be released(wouldnt say anymore than that.) and a pos. new park(wouldnt say anymore). i tend to not believe any of it till the dirt starts to move.:thumbsup2
Well, since you heard it on the tour, I'm going to call it mostly BS. Now if you said you'd heard it from a bus driver, then I might start to get a little bit excited.:lmao::rotfl2:

Think the Tiki room has been confirmed now. Only thing I thought was happenning re resorts was an extension to one of the Value resorts with Family Suites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter