DIS Dads Rumors

Normally, that's an offer I accept. The commute is a bit much. I work for Disney and beer money.

Funny think is, I work for Disney and Beer Money too....we have so much in common! :thumbsup2

Rumor is that CJ would help with the mulch but he is going to Disney in 8 days.

Here's a Finger for ya! :thumbsup2 So jealous!

Sweet Cinderella's Kiss, Yes. I'll get there around 9 tonight, will you still be mulching, or will we be drinking beer?

So you're the guys that shows up after the work is done to reap the benefits?!

Wow! That's very generous of him!

(And what are the odds that there is another DisDad named Barry with kids in a Disney Wedding?:confused3:confused3)

hmmmmm lets see there are 311,474,229 people in the US and 48.9% of them are male. That means there are 152,310,898 men in the US. Of those 208,688 are named Barry. That means the odds of a man being named Barry is 1 in 729. Since there are only 600 disdads that makes it statistically unlikely that there is more than one Disdad Barry.

The odds of knowing someone that is getting married at Disney world this year is actually much smaller as there are only 1500 Weddings at Disney a year.

hmmmmm lets see there are 311,474,229 people in the US and 48.9% of them are male. That means there are 152,310,898 men in the US. Of those 208,688 are named Barry. That means the odds of a man being named Barry is 1 in 729. Since there are only 600 disdads that makes it statistically unlikely that there is more than one Disdad Barry.

The odds of knowing someone that is getting married at Disney world this year is actually much smaller as there are only 1500 Weddings at Disney a year.

What is the std error on those calculations?

Thus, the rumor is true. Barry, will you be mailing my tickets?

Did you actually run the chi-square on that, or are you just estimating that the p-value is high?

If you're going to start comparing probabilities, we might need a Dis Dad with more than a masters in stats, and what are the odds of that?

What is the std error on those calculations?

:thumbsup2

Rumor is that CJ would help with the mulch but he is going to Disney in 8 days.

Cj that was gonna be my response! how long ya there?
I'm @ SSR 12-18!
Hit me up if ya wanna ty to meet up to say Hi!

I heard that Scott is spreading mulch all day tomorrow and is offering FREE BEER to any DisDad that wants to come and help! :cool1:

On my way... :drive:

It's only 4 hours Duck! I've got Bud Light Lime on tap at home right now....:drinking1

Oh, never mind, I thought you said you have beer, not water. :rotfl2:

Did you actually run the chi-square on that, or are you just estimating that the p-value is high?

If you're going to start comparing probabilities, we might need a Dis Dad with more than a masters in stats, and what are the odds of that?

This reminds me of a quote from Twain:

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics"

reminds me of a quote from Twain:

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2. :thumbsup2

One of my favorite assignments in my applied regression analysis class was when we were asked to come to multiple different conclusions from the same data using different statistical techniques. Really drove home that point...

This train of thought probably belongs on the geek thread!

Reminds me of a quote but not sure who said it:

There are three types of people in this world those who can count and those who can't.

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2. :thumbsup2

One of my favorite assignments in my applied regression analysis class was when we were asked to come to multiple different conclusions from the same data using different statistical techniques. Really drove home that point...

This train of thought probably belongs on the geek thread!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

It probably does belong on the geek thread, but we’ve never really been on topic any where for years.

This also reminds me of an opposite phrase about truths that gets used in my house: There are three kinds of truth: Spoken Truth, the Actual Truth, and the Damned Truth

(And the Damned truth is the one which we all know but will not admit to because it may not work in our favor).

There are three types of people in this world those who can count and those who can't.

This subject could become a “Types of People” thread all on its own.

- There are two types of people: those that divide everyone up into two types, and those that don’t

- There are 10 types of people: those that understand Binary and those that don’t

(see what I mean :rolleyes1)

Giggity. Ownage.

"Don't believe every quote you read on Facebook." --- Abraham Lincoln

Hey Barry, too bad your parents didn't go with Carl, you can't walk to the beer fridge around here without tripping over one of them.

That being said I need a bit more legroom so you'll need to spring for a seat up front for me, Thanks!

Heard there will be a Dis Dad Tri State meet in Sept or Oct at Philly Zoo with a picnic

I'm seeing rumors rampant on Twitter that Wishes is being replaced, and soon - in about a month! :scared1:

Permanantley?

Last year it was replaced in the summer only with Summer Nightastic.

Permanently. No Summer Nightastic this year. The rumor is coming from a new CM. Sounds like she heard about it near the end of her Traditions class, just before heading out to see Wishes. No word on what was replacing Wishes, except that it would NOT be the Summer Nightastic show.

Permanently. No Summer Nightastic this year. The rumor is coming from a new CM. Sounds like she heard about it near the end of her Traditions class, just before heading out to see Wishes. No word on what was replacing Wishes, except that it would NOT be the Summer Nightastic show.

Interesting... Wonder if it will be a completely new show or one from the past/another park?

Interesting... Wonder if it will be a completely new show or one from the past/another park?

I'm now seeing some chatter suggesting that, while Wishes IS in line to be replaced, the replacement show would debut with the opening of the Fantasyland expansion. My own opinion is that it makes sense that a replacement show was originally set to debut with the FLE, but that a decision may have been made to push up the debut of the new show. I think there's some concern that, as the FLE debut gets closer, people will start delaying trips until after it opens. A new show would help give people a reason to go ahead with a trip before FLE opens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter